Fastboot mode

Search This thread

Dovigoldberger

Feb 21, 2012
Monsey
I have a sprint nexus s 4g on ICS 4.0.4 still on stock never rooted or unlocked, and I can't put it into fastboot mode when I press the power and volume up button I get a menu with four options reboot bootloader, reboot, recovery, and power off. Am I missing something ? I tried to search and didn't find anything.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
I have a sprint nexus s 4g on ICS 4.0.4 still on stock never rooted or unlocked, and I can't put it into fastboot mode when I press the power and volume up button I get a menu with four options reboot bootloader, reboot, recovery, and power off. Am I missing something ? I tried to search and didn't find anything.

That's exactly what fastboot mode is. You did it! :cool:

dirt

Jun 14, 2009
SC

Turn it off first. Then hold power & volume up.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

AlphaEchoViktorSierra

Apr 13, 2012
Seattle
adb drivers are not the same as fastboot drivers sadly. Once you're in fastboot mode, check your devices in Device Manager and see if there are any unrecognized or anything like "Android Device" or something. One tip is install PDAnet on your PC, it will do fastboot drivers for you (it works for me but others have varying success)

Reactions: Dovigoldberger

albundy2010

Sep 24, 2010
Yes.

As a previous poster stated you don't got fastboot drivers installed.

Adb and fastboot are not the same

kwibis

Jun 11, 2009
Delft
Looks like a problem solved :D just search the forum for fastboot drivers and you'll be good to go :D

Sent from my Nexus S

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    adb drivers are not the same as fastboot drivers sadly. Once you're in fastboot mode, check your devices in Device Manager and see if there are any unrecognized or anything like "Android Device" or something. One tip is install PDAnet on your PC, it will do fastboot drivers for you (it works for me but others have varying success)