[ROM][REPACK] KU5900 ICS for P970 {SD/LED FIXED}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Pump Huang

Mar 30, 2012
Does someone make it with multilanguge....that will be great..

Sent from my LG-KU5900 using xda app-developers app

MiGzHizon

May 15, 2012
noob here

can someone help me with the sd card fix? i opened that system.fat file with text editor, what to do after?

Sisqo

Apr 24, 2007
Suceava
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
can someone help me with the sd card fix? i opened that system.fat file with text editor, what to do after?

you can erase all coz the other stuff doesn't matter as the /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 and /dev/block/mmcblk1p14 do not exist.
and then put the text in the file: mount -rw -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /mnt/sdcard
for me it was 'mount -rw -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1 /mnt/sdcard', maybe because i have P970 white?

from pc:
adb pull /system/etc/format_fat32.sh
edit file
adb remount
adb push format_fat32.sh /system/etc/
adb reboot

Nofe92

Feb 18, 2009
Florence
I will post again the same message since nobody answer me:

The rom is finally what i was looking for! Lg finally did a good job and you guys are brilliant!
Now besides some Korean characters here and there the rom is kind of perfect but there's only one big issues! Since our black doesn't have the 8 gb internal storage you actually faked it. Now the internal storage is nothing more then the sd card so the phones sees 2 times the same files (actually reading 2 times from the same storage). The first thing you see it's the double files in gallery and music but the main problem is that apps that don't go in the internal 1 gb storage they will try to get into the fake storage giving and error. It will fail to restore them even from titanium!

The question is simple, how can I unmount the internal storage or delede the script that actually mounts the storage at boot??
Please tell me i can just erase or change code lines! I can't download any more for one week! I hope the build is not really dependant from the 8 gb storage.

Anyway, thx for your repack and i'm looking forward to see all the other build coming up!

gabwerkz

Aug 16, 2011
Three Stars and a Sun
I will post again the same message since nobody answer me:

The rom is finally what i was looking for! Lg finally did a good job and you guys are brilliant!
Now besides some Korean characters here and there the rom is kind of perfect but there's only one big issues! Since our black doesn't have the 8 gb internal storage you actually faked it. Now the internal storage is nothing more then the sd card so the phones sees 2 times the same files (actually reading 2 times from the same storage). The first thing you see it's the double files in gallery and music but the main problem is that apps that don't go in the internal 1 gb storage they will try to get into the fake storage giving and error. It will fail to restore them even from titanium!

The question is simple, how can I unmount the internal storage or delede the script that actually mounts the storage at boot??
Please tell me i can just erase or change code lines! I can't download any more for one week! I hope the build is not really dependant from the 8 gb storage.

Anyway, thx for your repack and i'm looking forward to see all the other build coming up!

"Faked"? Well it's a workaround. This ROM is not intended for P970. It's ported from KU5900 which has 2 memory cards. You are lucky to have it running with minimal issues.
Explanation not needed for internal storage, we know that. It's either you take what it is and hope for a better fix, wait for official ICS for P970, or flash another ROM.

To disable the workaround simply put a comment (#) at the beginning like so:

Code:
#mount -rw -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /mnt/sdcard

Last edited:

theaks30

Jan 11, 2012
anyone have a problem with SMS, like me( only receive SMS and cannot send SMS) can do this:
Setting- Wireless & Network -(More)- Mobile network- Set network- select GSM- OK
The phone will be restart. (Dont worry. It isn't bug ^^!)
If it not work, try:
Setting- Wireless & Network -(More)- Network operators- Search network- select your operator.
It worked for me. Now i can send and receive SMS :)

same problem but it didn't work

gabwerkz

Aug 16, 2011
Three Stars and a Sun
same problem but it didn't work

I think you can set GSM in Hidden Menu. There are two Hidden Menu's on this ROM. One for Korea and another for international (I believe).

I'll try to get the code for hidden menu. but you can try the old, replacing the model number to type in dialpad.

EDIT: Open Dialpad and type: 3845#*5900#

TAP: Network Mode and select the GSM that suits you.

Last edited:

cyclon1978

Nov 27, 2008
It should be easy to create two partitions on sdcard with recovery or computer and mount the new partition with the workaround - no duplicate files.

Havent tried yet, make a backup or use a new sdcard ;)

Gesendet von meinem LG-P970 mit Tapatalk 2

theaks30

Jan 11, 2012
thanks gabwerkz but it says fails no matter what i set it to
in settings, baseband is unknown as well :/

gabwerkz

Aug 16, 2011
Three Stars and a Sun
And to those who doesn't know:

format_fat32.sh is a script executed upon boot like init.d scripts. You can try init.d tweaks in there. Simply copy-paste your tested/favorite lines to test below the SD Card mount workaround.

pk76

Dec 26, 2011
Prague - Czech Republic
I think you can set GSM in Hidden Menu. There are two Hidden Menu's on this ROM. One for Korea and another for international (I believe).

I'll try to get the code for hidden menu. but you can try the old, replacing the model number to type in dialpad.

EDIT: Open Dialpad and type: 3845#*5900#

TAP: Network Mode and select the GSM that suits you.

Sorry, but it doesn't work, allways fail is written when i choose my GSM 1800.

theaks30

Jan 11, 2012
gab...you got any other solution :/?
i guess its like the time when we had ics and some countries did not have network
or baseband problem

i receive sms, i can make calls and receive calls
just can't send sms

gabwerkz

Aug 16, 2011
Three Stars and a Sun
gab...you got any other solution :/?
i guess its like the time when we had ics and some countries did not have network
or baseband problem

i receive sms, i can make calls and receive calls
just can't send sms

I cannot reproduce the problem. Mine works out of the box. I can send SMS. I will ask NOOBY (if he's still using it) and try a fix. I believe he too can't send SMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The ROM is a PREVIEW of PURE KU5900 ICS.
    Compiled 3.0.8 kernel (LG Open Source Code Distribution) + some commits from arcee.

I declare the ROM to be OPEN. Hackfest! Do whatever you like on it.

ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR OLD ROM AND SD CARD CONTENTS
    V30G: https://hotfile.com/dl/173312947/36acab4/Black_Test1_signed_091912.zip.html
    MD5: 72d3b03bef38e65481c8d0169e3e60b3
    V30I: https://hotfile.com/dl/174050051/2691987/ICS_V30I_120927.zip.html
    MD5: 0F2ADD6838404DBD77693823FCF394CB
    SHA-1: C5E1BEB1BAEB6E0C180465C29D17EB9739FE823D
    OLD HOTFIX: https://www.box.com/s/mlh5g6splp2nzkkd0vcu
    OLD HOTFIX should be FLASHED in CWM. Wipe CACHE/DALVIK CACHE. It includes LEDFIX with Blue, BPaul's SD Mount method, Chen-1's featureset.xml, settings.xml.
    Settings for LEDS: Menu>System settings>Display>Front key light
    To help a bit on scrolling, you can force GPU rendering: System settings>Developer options>force GPU rendering
    To install .apk apps from SD: System settings>Security>Unknown sources

BUG/S:
    Automatic Time
    SMS (other countries): If you have problems with the new SMS files, revert to old fixes. As i cannot repoduce all. My SMS works.
    USSD
    SD card: If you have problems with SD Card here are your options.
    1. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32235428&postcount=86
    2. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32120202&postcount=721
    3. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32032718&postcount=517

SMS Problem?: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31990528&postcount=30 and http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32030132&postcount=503

Just a reminder:
    Need FULL wipe (data/cache/dalvik cache) coming from any ROM.

Code:
    [B]V30I[/B]

It uses some V30G libs. The kernel was somehow incompatible with V30I.
    Might be gralloc and PVR/EGL libs
    The V30I WEBSW kernel is different from the V30I (Kernel) LG Open Source Code

For days of hard work: Credits to
    xonar_
    navossoc
    Redy
    NOOBY0815
    George Jetson
    Sisqo
    BPaul
    Chen-1
    boype
    basean
    I am just the slave of the 2 above me :D I was only the little uploader ;) They made me do it, I swear I have nothing to do with it actually :D

It's running fluide, the language will be english by default, didnt try morelocal yet, it's rooted of course.

Another fix for sdcard:

Thanks to Sisqo:
    Here are the CHANGES

And HERE you can find the modified files. It's getting better and better :D

Repack with V30i and all current fixes + LG stuff removed is in work ;)

Since the repack of V30I doesnt wanna work, I at least provide you the files of /system and /system2. /system2 folders need to be moved to /system/vendor (at least /etc, /lib and /firmware). I additionally moved the /bin and /app folder to its' corresponding folder in /system.

HERE is the link

Now have fun trying to repack it on your own ;)
    Hi,

attached you'll find a patched LGContacts3.apk which removes the korean characters from the dialer. Also, I attached featureset.xml (in a rar container) with the SMS patch done right (160 characters). The featureset.xml also probably fixes the problem for some users where they cannot send SMS at all. Please test.

Best regards.
    Woh woh woh! What great progress we have here. Thanks to all people who contributes in solving bugs. I appreciate every effort you do.

I think the community is alive again in helping hand, just like the old days when this forum was new. I was a pioneer of this forum. many thanks.

I will include the fixes on a new clean pack once submitted and tested.

But wait... there's more!

I booted V30i WEBSW already. Sad to say it isn't clean. I used V30G libs.
    Can't understand why, since the kernel we have was marked V30i in Open Source Distribution.
    I didn't update SGX DDK or anything on the kernel, just the bootloader compatibility, USB and LEDS.
    If I can get the dmesg of original V30I WEBSW kernel, I will see what changes they made.

I will test/try further if I can boot a pure/clean V30i. Or if anyone reading and would like to try...

EDIT: I'm out of thanks already. Thanks to BPaul, xonar_, chen-1.