VOIP : Pbxes Sipdroid GoogleVoice setups Post Them Here

Search This thread

lou0611

Sep 24, 2008
Yardley
Courtesy of Jiwengang:

1. You need to have a google voice account.
1.1 you google voice account setting: main forwarding: gchat has to be selected
1.2 do not choose call screening option (at least initially to get things work)

2. install Sipdroid on your device
2.1 click the "link with your google voice option on main page of sipdroid right after you installed it"
2.2 in Sipdroid setup, you will need to create an account with some provider like mine is pbxes.org

3. Have an account with pbxes.org (or maybe other service provider. but mine is with pbxes.org)
3.1 under extension: you should already have an sipdroid <200> (the extension number may be different , but this number MUST be the number in your sipdroid settings account field as "username-200@pbxes.org" where 200 is the extension number

3.2 under inbound routing, you need to have a default routing which is "/"
click "/", you will see "sipdroid <200>" appear in various section, mainly "regular hours", "after hours", but there is one click which is "force regular hours", can help you simplify the setup initially to get things "work"

3.3 under outbound routing, you should see a "0 gtalk" routing trunk.
within the section, route name: gtalk
trunk sequence: 0 "GTALK/username@gmail.com"

4. In your sipdroid setting on your device, double check the username: username-extension@pbxes.org
password, your pbxes.org password.

Hope it can help in some way. Post your questions here and I will try to answer.

Lou0611:

I would like to add if you have 3CXphone:

3CXPHONE SETUP

3cxphone config for Pbxes.org.

ProfileName = Whatever you name it
User = loudemartino-200 (your pbxes login)
Password= XXXXXXXX (your pbxes.org password)
Internal server = Blank
External Server = sip.pbxes.org
STUN server= stun3.3cx.com (default, leave it alone)

Thats it.
Lou

The "Create Free Account" button had to be temporarily removed until more spare capacity will be added to the PBXes platform in May 2011. However, it is still possible to create free accounts manually at the PBXes website, but adding Google™ Voice trunks requires a paid account at this time. Existing users are not affected by the change.

ncesar

Jul 2, 2009
Raleigh
I think I messed up my inbound routing and accidentally deleted my "/" route.

How can I get it back? when I try making a new one I get an "invalid character" error (because I name the route simply "/").

Help!!!:confused::confused:

*Update: Solved!

Last edited:

ncesar

Jul 2, 2009
Raleigh
I think I messed up my inbound routing and accidentally deleted my "/" route.

How can I get it back? when I try making a new one I get an "invalid character" error (because I name the route simply "/").

Help!!!:confused::confused:

I figured it out lol.

I simply had to leave the name blank.

The issue though is that I can't receive calls. Even in google chat, I have no idea why this is happening.

Any clues? I can make calls from both sipdroid and google chat. But I cannot receive calls on either.

*Update: solved.

Yeah, I knew it would be something simple like what it was.

Turns out the phone I was using to call myself was in a group which did not forward to google chat. haha, that was funny.

But yeah, I ended up realizing that I had made a stupid mistake, but in the process I learned a lot. Maybe now I could even help someone who has a similar issue.

Last edited:

liaoweien

Oct 14, 2012
Hi,
I can make inbound and outbound phone calls in my andriod phone using sipdriod. However, I cannot receive any phone calls from my google chat(inside gmail) anymore. Does someone know how to resolve this issue?

Thank you!

I figured it out lol.

I simply had to leave the name blank.

The issue though is that I can't receive calls. Even in google chat, I have no idea why this is happening.

Any clues? I can make calls from both sipdroid and google chat. But I cannot receive calls on either.

*Update: solved.

Yeah, I knew it would be something simple like what it was.

Turns out the phone I was using to call myself was in a group which did not forward to google chat. haha, that was funny.

But yeah, I ended up realizing that I had made a stupid mistake, but in the process I learned a lot. Maybe now I could even help someone who has a similar issue.