Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru

Search This thread

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
Anyone Tried this yet?

Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xiam.snapdragon.app

App is from Qualcomm.

I've never used apps the limit functionality to save battery before, but if anyone would know how to do this right, it should be Qualcomm.

Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru extends battery performance and improves overall user experience by intelligently making changes that optimize Snapdragon device functionality. This app:
• Delivers longer battery life with fewer charges
• Intelligently learns how you use your Snapdragon smartphone and optimizes your device without disabling smartphone functionality
• Requires no user configuration - Snapdragon BatteryGuru automatically learns and adjusts the smartphone settings so you don’t have to.

After a brief 2-4 day introduction period, Snapdragon BatteryGuru learns the user’s behaviors and then notifies the user that it is ready to extend the battery life and improve the experience. Snapdragon BatteryGuru continues to operate in the background, deepening its understanding of the user and further optimizing the experience over time.

Last edited:

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
I'm not really sure on what the value of these apps are.

Letting my phone do whatever it wants when I'm on wifi and my phone is sitting idle, my phone uses around 1%/hour of battery life.

Some portion of that is all this app could really save then, right?

Why bother if, in exchange, I'm possibly having delayed notifications, apps not updating in the background, etc.?

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

I'll be shocked if this makes any discernable difference.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

sublimaze

Oct 13, 2010
I installed this and 3 days later it was still in learning mode. I got tired of waiting for it to do something else, so I deleted it and installed Greenify.

AtariDroid

Mar 1, 2010
I may try this out, but I already have the no–brainer solution to battery life woes...a big fat extended battery. If only lots of others would do the same lol.

bobAbooE

Apr 8, 2011
Indiana
Some of the reviews said it actually drained the battery. Might be wort trying but I have my doubts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
I've had it on my sick Verizon s3 for about 3 days, so far not impressed. It took 2 days in learning mode, then once that period ended it seems to actually be a significant battery drainer! I will try for another couple of days and report back, but I'm not optimistic so far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: shawn01

bigmook

Jul 16, 2012
Twin Falls
It seems to keep me from adjusting my CPU with rom toolbox pro or system tuner pro. Can someone else that is running a custom kernal (IMO 2.0) and let me know if they can adjust theirs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

AtariDroid

Mar 1, 2010
This is an app written and distributed by a component manufacturer. They will cut speed/processing power as much as they can to make the device use less battery. This inherently means the app will take control of the CPU/governor adjustments. A kernel such as KT with an app that LOCKS frequencies may prevent this, but also will render the app useless.

They aren't concerned with the same things as we in the rooting world are. We want to push as much processing power as possible while using the least amount of electrical power needed, not slow the device down while hoping ppl don't notice. Lol..

Vahndroid84

Nov 17, 2012
Roma
tryed for about 1weeks.

After the learning mode...it started to appear as one of the most stealer of battery life...with 12/13% of daily battery usage. Disinstalled lol ...and my phone seems to be turned at a good battery life

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone Tried this yet?

Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xiam.snapdragon.app

App is from Qualcomm.

I've never used apps the limit functionality to save battery before, but if anyone would know how to do this right, it should be Qualcomm.

Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru extends battery performance and improves overall user experience by intelligently making changes that optimize Snapdragon device functionality. This app:
    • Delivers longer battery life with fewer charges
    • Intelligently learns how you use your Snapdragon smartphone and optimizes your device without disabling smartphone functionality
    • Requires no user configuration - Snapdragon BatteryGuru automatically learns and adjusts the smartphone settings so you don’t have to.

After a brief 2-4 day introduction period, Snapdragon BatteryGuru learns the user’s behaviors and then notifies the user that it is ready to extend the battery life and improve the experience. Snapdragon BatteryGuru continues to operate in the background, deepening its understanding of the user and further optimizing the experience over time.
    This is an app written and distributed by a component manufacturer. They will cut speed/processing power as much as they can to make the device use less battery. This inherently means the app will take control of the CPU/governor adjustments. A kernel such as KT with an app that LOCKS frequencies may prevent this, but also will render the app useless.

They aren't concerned with the same things as we in the rooting world are. We want to push as much processing power as possible while using the least amount of electrical power needed, not slow the device down while hoping ppl don't notice. Lol..
    I use the cPU sleeper, i;; give this a try, i get great batt life on stock, stock kernel..
    I've had it on my sick Verizon s3 for about 3 days, so far not impressed. It took 2 days in learning mode, then once that period ended it seems to actually be a significant battery drainer! I will try for another couple of days and report back, but I'm not optimistic so far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app