[INDEX][XT1033]Moto G Dual Sim Full Guide[REF][GUIDE]

Did you find this thread useful?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

captain_nemo

Nov 11, 2012
City of Joy!!!!
I am getting "system/app/soundRecorder.apk has unexpected contents" error message during the update of my moto G from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4. can anyone please help me out with it. I have attached the image for reference. "

Device- Moto G 16gb (unlooked bootloader, rooted with stock rom)

I think you can not upgrade fro 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 if you have unlocked boot loader. OTA upgradation is possible for locked bootloader.

ashwaqar

Aug 5, 2014
I think you can not upgrade fro 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 if you have unlocked boot loader. OTA upgradation is possible for locked bootloader.

But according to aayush_neov post "http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/general/ota-file-indian-dual-sim-4-4-4-t2810166 he did not mention about relocking the boot loader, instead he said "For Unlocked bootloader [rooted and/or MODIFICATION done to stock ROM]
Remove the root
Undone any changes done to stock rom. :- Users have success in installation via CWM/ TWRP by renaming the file.
Rename the file to : - Blur_Version.171.44.31.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en .03.zip no spaces in between.
If you are not getting success, then you have to revert to stock rom [Motorola supplied]
"
can you tell me if removing root can help. If yes how to remove the root?

captain_nemo

Nov 11, 2012
City of Joy!!!!
But according to aayush_neov post "http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/general/ota-file-indian-dual-sim-4-4-4-t2810166 he did not mention about relocking the boot loader, instead he said "For Unlocked bootloader [rooted and/or MODIFICATION done to stock ROM]
Remove the root
Undone any changes done to stock rom. :- Users have success in installation via CWM/ TWRP by renaming the file.
Rename the file to : - Blur_Version.171.44.31.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en .03.zip no spaces in between.
If you are not getting success, then you have to revert to stock rom [Motorola supplied]
"
can you tell me if removing root can help. If yes how to remove the root?

Please search this forum more. I may be wrong but some where in this forum I read that it has be locked bootloader for OTA upgrade. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Mickeyvdb

Feb 21, 2014
OTG works on both 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 well. Some devices had complaints that 4.4.2 didnt run OTG smoothly but in 4.4.4 the bug was fixed so dont worry. Pendrive should be in FAT32 format to work. It doesnt recognize NTFS format. Also kindly dont quote whole OP.

Unfortunately my OTG is in FAT32 but after upgrading to GPE 4.4.4 it is not recognized
If I use Stickmount it works.

jayOOMjay

Dec 29, 2012
I have an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery now.. If i flash the stock 4.4.4 ( skipping 4.1 and 4.3 steps mentioned in the procedure ), that will give me locked bootloader and stock recovery , am I correct ?

Mahisasur

May 26, 2013
IMEI null

I have a moto g xt1033 but it shows IMEI null. I cant use any sim and wifi also not working. Please help to fix this problem as i can't go to service center. I didn't have any imei back up but i have imei number written on the back of the phone.

Attachments

• IMG-20140904-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20140904-WA0008.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG-20140904-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20140904-WA0007.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG-20140904-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20140904-WA0009.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 169

ironman38102

Sep 9, 2012
Manama
OnePlus 7T
I have a moto g xt1033 but it shows IMEI null. I cant use any sim and wifi also not working. Please help to fix this problem as i can't go to service center. I didn't have any imei back up but i have imei number written on the back of the phone.
You can't do anything if u didn't backup "pds.img". You could flash the motorola fix logo, stock ROM and relock bootloader then go to service centre since the service centre didn't charge me anything when I did this to get my screen fixed. If that doesn't work then I heard that other Motorola devices could rewrite the IMEI using BP tools.

What did you do anyway to mess up IMEI?

Mahisasur

May 26, 2013
You can't do anything if u didn't backup "pds.img". You could flash the motorola fix logo, stock ROM and relock bootloader then go to service centre since the service centre didn't charge me anything when I did this to get my screen fixed. If that doesn't work then I heard that other Motorola devices could rewrite the IMEI using BP tools.

What did you do anyway to mess up IMEI?

i did a reset once and lost my imei.

jayOOMjay

Dec 29, 2012
New recovery for android 4.4.4 which solves black screen issue

This is just to inform all those who got their phones with 4.4.4 pre-installed and were suffering from black screen when booted into recovery.
A new version of Philz recovery is released by its maintainer for moto G , which is compatible with the newest bootloader or baseband ( whatever )
Just go to Phil'z recovery and download the latest version ( only 6.57.5 or above )

vikraminside

Jul 9, 2013
Just got updated that xposed not compatible with ART. Ok to proceed with unlock and root?

Any good idea to do cloud backup before BL unlock (Not ADB backup)? Does BL unlock deletes sd mounted partition?

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

sgrbk

Feb 22, 2015
CWM to Twrp

i have installed cwm custom recovery i want to remove with twrp. so plz help me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Perseus71, @matmutant, @Chirag_Galani

I feel now that this is redundant information because I have included and linked all the posts in my index thread.

It will confuse Moto G users like me, @Chirag_Galani alot :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The OP author @yeshwanthvshenoy could ask the respective Stickied OP authors to add some info if he feels its incomplete. Thus, creating less confusion for the noob, 1st time users and other users. Thus, making their early experience at XDA a smooth one and every one has crystal clear picture in their mind regarding all necessary information. It will further encourage them to use their device with different flavours (AOSPA, CM, Carbon...) or Xposed apps and their special features.

Well, if the OP has a strong reason for maintaining this thread then I don't have any problem. :)
    @Perseus71, @matmutant, @Chirag_Galani

I feel now that this is redundant information because I have included and linked all the posts in my index thread.

It will confuse Moto G users like me, @Chirag_Galani alot :(

brothers am really sorry about this issue but this thread was created before Mr.Hoax's thread on 23rd Feb 2014 by that time there wasn't any thread that was dedicated to XT1033 variant and for about a month it wasn't updated as i had my exams and contacted the forum administrators to delete the thread but there wasn't any response and now am back to deving and found that thread wasn't deleted and instead of leaving it as blank thread i just updated the thread to new developments! I am really sorry to anyone who feels this thread is outdated but just wanted XT1033 users to find it easy to which rom works and stuffs related to it!! I mean no harm to anyone who has a thread already!!! If my brothers find any issues with this thread please report to the forum moderators am willing to even give up the thread if my brothers don't feel comfortable with it!!!!

Well mate, we don't have any personal issues with you and if that's the case (referring to your above post) I don't have any problem with this thread if u adhere to the following 3 important points.
    1. You will keep the index of all the DUAL SIM stuffs if they actually work on those variants and all the necessary changes to be made to the device for flashing them. Thus, making it noob friendly. So, maybe testing by you or your trustworthy source will be referred.
    2. You will keep unique info and no redundant data. And, if the case is such that the particular data is quite necessary for the thread. Then, copy it with the permission of the thread author and give proper credits. :)
    3. And, post link to the topics which are already in sticky threads if the information is worth reading for the users coming to your thread.
    So, If you adhere to the above points I won't have a single issue with your thread.:) Lets wait for @Mr hOaX's response.
    okay bro i ll change the thread contents by today and yes the links are only those that work on it! Roms kernels mods all are the ones that work on xt1033 and not every rom kernel or mod that are there in the forum!! They were checked by myself and few of others too!!! sorry about making this issue!!!!

I agree with @Chirag_Galani
    I have linked your thread to index thread so that users can easily get redirected here if they wants to have some guide on dual sim version of Moto G
    Previously when I visited your thread, there were only guides, not much
    When I revisited, I found some redundant information present here

You can continue with this contribution work ;)
    If you want users should get other links, you can redirect them to index thread so that there is no duplication and confusion :)

Will this result in lost of my data like photos and all ?

No. They're stored in internal storage not system partition.