FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anyone using Jump!

3,326 posts
Thanks Meter: 460

By cashyftw, Senior Member on 29th March 2014, 02:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone using jump to upgrade to the m8? I'm relatively new on using jump, so I'd like to know what I would have to do? And do I have to make a new down payment once I trade in my old phone? (iPhone 5s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29th March 2014, 06:18 AM |#2  
Flag Haverhill MA
Thanks Meter: 1,054

More
You can pretty much can get all the answers on T Mobile's website. I'll be honest with you jump is pretty lame now considering you can just sell your iPhone 5s and get much more money in return towards the M8

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
29th March 2014, 06:24 PM |#3  
Abingdon
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Under the new terms of Jump, if your iPhone isn't completely paid off you'll have to pay at least 50% of what you still owe when you Jump. It doesn't look like the M8 will have a down payment when it debuts April 11, but you'll probably have to pay the tax on the phone's full price.
29th March 2014, 07:39 PM |#4  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 102

Donate to Me
More
The "Jump" privilege adds another $10 to your bill. So I'll just make installments on the M8 and sell my old phone myself. I'll get way more for it that way.
30th March 2014, 08:23 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Don't have an answer to the OP's question, but I heard people who got onto Jump before T-mobile changed it (in Feb wasn't it?) will remain grandfathered on the old plan until they opt to switch to new version. So the older plan was somewhat better deal because one didn't had to pay half-cost of the phone before switching.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnDruid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AnDruid Ad-Free
31st March 2014, 04:32 PM |#6  
Flag Vandling, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayr04

The "Jump" privilege adds another $10 to your bill. So I'll just make installments on the M8 and sell my old phone myself. I'll get way more for it that way.

Yes, Jump adds $10 to your bill...but that $10 includes the $7.99 insurance that covers accidental damage.
31st March 2014, 05:21 PM |#7  
Flag Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnDruid

Don't have an answer to the OP's question, but I heard people who got onto Jump before T-mobile changed it (in Feb wasn't it?) will remain grandfathered on the old plan until they opt to switch to new version. So the older plan was somewhat better deal because one didn't had to pay half-cost of the phone before switching.

That is correct! I have confirmed this with T-Mobile directly.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
2nd April 2014, 04:54 AM |#8  
Flag san Jose.
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnDruid

This is correct. Anyone who got on Jump after Feb 23rd I believe (could be the 25th, but def after the 21st cause thats when i switched), stays on the original plan and can upgrade every 6 months without having to pay off half their phone first.
2nd April 2014, 07:57 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 460

More
Okay so you still have to make a new down payment (if any)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2nd April 2014, 03:13 PM |#10  
Flag Haverhill MA
Thanks Meter: 1,054

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkednkinked

This is correct. Anyone who got on Jump after Feb 23rd I believe (could be the 25th, but def after the 21st cause thats when i switched), stays on the original plan and can upgrade every 6 months without having to pay off half their phone first.

As much as people refuse to see it, once you jump you agree to the new terms of jump.

2nd April 2014, 08:13 PM |#11  
Flag Pearl City
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187

As much as people refuse to see it, once you jump you agree to the new terms of jump.

No you are gradnfathered into the old jump. Already jumped and I am still on the old jump.

Also it's not upgrade every 6 months. it's twice a year. You can jump after the first 6 months then after that it's anytime. So it won't reset until after your first jump has expired(1 year).

So if you jumped January 1, 2014 then jumped Febuary 22 you used your two jumps and can't jump again until January 1, 2015.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tidbits For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tidbits Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)