By cashyftw, Senior Member on 29th March 2014, 01:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th April 2014, 03:00 AM |#121  
Flag Pearl City
Thanks Meter: 364

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by altimax98

+3 I had spoken with them when going through a situation and they stated the JUMP is on the line not the phone. So 2 JUMPs per line per year (old). But you can buy/payoff as many as you want in between and keep JUMP going

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Jumping requires the original phone on the current EIP on that line for clarification.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

27th April 2014, 07:46 AM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 496

More
If your credit is good with T-Mobile you can finance more then one phone at a time. Not the smartest thing to do though. LoL

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
29th April 2014, 06:13 AM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Not trying to bash anyone but jump seems like a complete waste of money to me. Let's say you pay half the phone price that's roughly $325 and add $60 for 6 months of jump so $385. If you just sell that $625 phone after 6 months on swappa you're bound to get almost $475 for mint conditon (after shipping and fee) if not more. In this case you're only paying $150 remainder and saving over $200 compared to the $385. This is my first phone from tmobile unsubsidized but I think it was a terrible decision on their part to go this route. It's more expensive for my family. If my brothers and I want a new phone that's $1800. With contracts we paid $600 total for 3 phones for 2 years and our monthly rates haven't changed much. The newer featues like free roaming data and international text is nice but they're making all that money and more back through unsubsidized phones. This is just my opinion I may be wrong. Are you guys actually saving money via jump or do most people just like replacing phones every 6 months and this is just convenient for them? The nice thing is you can let the phone get beaten up more with scratches and it doesn't matter too much. Again, not bashing on anyone using jump just curious as to why take this route

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
29th April 2014, 06:20 AM |#124  
Flag Pearl City

More
If you l like to take your time selling then yes it's a waste. Living where I live have higher probability of being scammed. So trading in is preferred. Also your resale values are a read high. Usually in 6 months you'll be lucky to get 50-60% if the value for your phone in all honesty.
Under a contract you are paying $1800 anyway for your phones. It's bundled into that contract. T-Mobile is being more transparent about it now.

29th April 2014, 08:39 AM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidbits

If you l like to take your time selling then yes it's a waste. Living where I live have higher probability of being scammed. So trading in is preferred. Also your resale values are a read high. Usually in 6 months you'll be lucky to get 50-60% if the value for your phone in all honesty.
Under a contract you are paying $1800 anyway for your phones. It's bundled into that contract. T-Mobile is being more transparent about it now.

I think it was a fair price estimate. I just checked swappa and the gs4 was averaging for $353 with the last sold going for $360 I think. That phone is officially 1 year old now. So, within 6 months I'd think you could at least get ~$450 for the m8. What do you mean by being scammed? Like getting ripped off when selling it? I'd always sell where you have buyers protection like eBay or swappa with PayPal. And about the $1800 I was speaking about my personal classic contract plan. Since we were customers for almost 10 years we got a pretty good deal I had 5gb data for $10 which now only gets you 3gb. Our monthly rates were almost the same as what I pay now maybe $20 more per month. That's a $480 dollar savings with uncarrier but once you put the $1800 for 3 phones, I'm still paying $700 more after 2 years vs the $600 for the phones + $480 ($20 extra per month) under classic plan. Oh well not much I can do about lol. Thought about switching to Verizon but their monthly rates are absurd I'll check with att but their service is usually ****ty. T-Mobile has really impressed my with service reception in the last year.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
29th April 2014, 08:47 AM |#126  
Flag Pearl City

More
Those phones tend to come with accessories, and shipping included with the price in 99% of the cases. Take the shipping and accessories out. So they probably made $300 out of that $360.
Sorry if you think eBay protects everyone. I have friends has gotten ripped off to many times from eBay. Even PayPal isn't all that friendly to sellers.

29th April 2014, 12:05 PM |#127  
Flag Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 6,412

Donate to Me
More
I dont know if Ebay protects everyone, but if you are careful, and know what you doing, ebay/paypal works really well; I sell stuff on there all the time, and have sold at least a dozen phones over the years and never gotten ripped off, since I only ship to buyers after their payment clears, and I have transferred their $$ to my bank.

As far as the phone "values" when sold, your numbers are pretty high; when using Ebay, you have to figure on 18% of the sale price goes to ebay/paypal/shipping, so that 380 dollar phone actually nets you about 310 dollars or so..

jump is great if you like to get new phones all the time, and need/want insurance on your phone; if you dont switch phones alot, and never feel the need for insurance, then Jump isnt for you. People forget that 7 dollars a month of the 10 dollar jump fee is for the phone insurance, so jump actually costs about 3 dollars a month, NOT 10...
29th April 2014, 04:54 PM |#128  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 106

Donate to Me
More
It often takes me 2-3 tries to sell an item sell on ebay. Last time I tried to sell a phone, the bidder said their child bid on the item and they never paid.
29th April 2014, 05:09 PM |#129  
Flag Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 6,412

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayr04

It often takes me 2-3 tries to sell an item sell on ebay. Last time I tried to sell a phone, the bidder said their child bid on the item and they never paid.

The secret to fast sales on ebay is proper pricing, and using "best offer" to entice people to make an offer on your item..

You need to determine what the highest price that was paid for your exact item in the last 30 days or so, and make sure you dont price it higher than that; also, allow people to "make an offer", which will get you more action than just a standard auction..
The Following User Says Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wase4711 Ad-Free
29th April 2014, 05:09 PM |#130  
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 769

More
Jump worked out great for me. I have the original Jump program (twice in a rolling 12 month period with only a 6 month wait after you add the feature) and I had dropped my M7 and given it a nice dent in two places which would have dropped resale value significantly but there was no screen damage so I brought in my M7 and walked out with an M8 for like 40 bucks in taxes or so.

I'll probably jump again when the new phones come out in 3rd/4th quarter.

Great program for people like me and since its the original jump, I don't have to pay off half the phone first. I'd have insurance anyway so two bucks a month is nothing.
29th April 2014, 05:20 PM |#131  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 106

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

The secret to fast sales on ebay is proper pricing, and using "best offer" to entice people to make an offer on your item..

You need to determine what the highest price that was paid for your exact item in the last 30 days or so, and make sure you dont price it higher than that; also, allow people to "make an offer", which will get you more action than just a standard auction..

I'll try that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)