Post Reply Email Thread
19th September 2012, 03:39 AM |#501  
Flag under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,547

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerdoesntrun

That makes it sound intentional. Do we really gain that much from whatever bug/feature causes it? Just curious.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

which kennel version are you on?
The newest should not have that issue because he included stock drivers.
It's the kernels with the cpuquiet drivers. Had to do with gpio drivers if I'm not mistaken. If you are on build 11b3es you shouldn't be having the issue.
And in my experience, the cpuquiet drivers are AWESOME. Kernel 009es is my favorite version. I change cpuquiet governor to balanced using franco app, and i get amazing battery along with amazing performance especially with heavy usage and gaming.
i don't consider the slightly longer press needed to be a bug. I guess it could be, but it's something i got used to, i honestly don't even notice it anymore.

19th September 2012, 10:03 AM |#502  
Flag London :)
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Hi flaux, just been testing a 700mhz no pixel clock gpu frequency test kernel for clemsyn. I have to say it works fantastically well. I am not into huge over clocks, but what do you think about 600mhx no pixel clock gpu frequency please?
19th September 2012, 01:32 PM |#503  
Flag London Equador Embassy
Thanks Meter: 588

More
running ultimate with paranoid android... amazing
19th September 2012, 01:39 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
with 11es i had a reboot too,is safe to use the ultimat version?

i found another problem too, fsync disable works just after rebooting the system, androbench sqlite benchmark give really impressive result, but after a hour using or so, i ran another test then the score goes normal again, quadrant I/O test told the same story.

huge score after rebooting, normal score after using. hmm strange

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
19th September 2012, 03:15 PM |#505  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 793

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghmail2

huge score after rebooting, normal score after using. hmm strange

Not really that strange - it's one of the main reasons why benchmarking on Android is so pointless. The longer the phone is switched on, the more things happen that can impact a benchmark - cpu utilisation, available ram, what background processes are running at any time, even the heat of the battery/cpu have an impact. That's why they suck!
19th September 2012, 04:00 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 684

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke05dee

Hi flaux, just been testing a 700mhz no pixel clock gpu frequency test kernel for clemsyn. I have to say it works fantastically well. I am not into huge over clocks, but what do you think about 600mhx no pixel clock gpu frequency please?

What does increasing the pixel clock do?
19th September 2012, 04:58 PM |#507  
Flag Whittier,CA
Thanks Meter: 5,898

Donate to Me
More
Faux, it turns out I got a beast N7 just like my One X. I tested Clemsyn's 1800 max CPU and I believe 650 GPU and forgot I was,set that high and ran it issue free for days. If you need a crash test dummy for any wild s#%t, I am in.

Sent from my EVO using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
19th September 2012, 09:15 PM |#508  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashclepdia

which kennel version are you on?
The newest should not have that issue because he included stock drivers.
It's the kernels with the cpuquiet drivers. Had to do with gpio drivers if I'm not mistaken. If you are on build 11b3es you shouldn't be having the issue.
And in my experience, the cpuquiet drivers are AWESOME. Kernel 009es is my favorite version. I change cpuquiet governor to balanced using franco app, and i get amazing battery along with amazing performance especially with heavy usage and gaming.
i don't consider the slightly longer press needed to be a bug. I guess it could be, but it's something i got used to, i honestly don't even notice it anymore.

I'm only seeing at most 2 cores (usually 1) active in System Tuner and System Panel when I change the cpuquiet governor to 'balanced' with Franco's kernel app. When I change back to 'userspace' where behavior was originally normal, I still only get 1 active core. I need to reboot to get it behaving normally again. I don't think it's an erroneous reading since some apps become noticeably laggy after the governor change.

I had been using 009es (current) and 009m on Slimbean 2.x with much satisfaction already without changing the cpuquiet governor from 'userspace', but it sounds even better with 'balanced', if it works properly that is. In any case, I'd like to see cpuquiet taken into further development as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
19th September 2012, 09:19 PM |#509  
DUE TO MY EXTREMELY BUSY SCHEDULE BOTH @ WORK AND @ HOME, I WILL ONLY MAKE MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS ONCE PER WEEK
Open Beta may not be stable and may cause issues with your phone!

By loading open beta you have agreed to:

1. To report all random reboots with associated /proc/last_kmsg
2. To provide feedback on errors or bugs with detail phone information such as ROM, kernel version, and apps
3. Participate in Forum discussions for the beta software with others without FLAMING each other or post useless information such as:
a) Phone doesn't boot (without providing any additional information, ROM versions etc)
B) phone is too hot (without providing any additional information, ie OC freq, UV etc)

The Open Beta system is designed to have the community help each other and the developers. This way, all potential bugs are flushed out so the final released version will be stable and error free. The more actively you participate in Beta Testing the better the final product will be (you are really helping yourself to create a better community software).

If you do NOT agree with the statements above, DO NOT load my Open Beta software.

Kernel 011 Open Beta 4 is out! (BETAs ARE ALWAYS ULTIMATE VERSION unless I stated otherwise)

JB ==> http://faux.androidro.ms/grouper-fau...nel-v011b4.zip
JB ES version ==> http://faux.androidro.ms/grouper-fau...l-v011b4es.zip

[ build 4 ]
Cpuquiet driver with balanced as default.

[ build 3 ]
revert back to original Tegra3 hotplug driver (will not go further with cpuquiet drivers)

[ build 2 ]
dynamic sync control

[ build 1 ]
revenge of the CPU quiet driver (it's the default driver again)
balanced governor is now the default. (this should boost the multi-core usage a bit more )
Autogrouping optimization for android (better multi-tasking capabilities)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to faux123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift faux123 Ad-Free
19th September 2012, 09:35 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Great, just as my battery is finally empty, good timing faux!

On 11b3es: device running for 2d and 5h, screen-on-time: 8:30h! Amazing! :thumbup:

Will try 11b4 now.

And I would be very interested to know if you plan to look into showp's just released tegra3 mpdecision?
19th September 2012, 09:43 PM |#511  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ximmox

Great, just as my battery is finally empty, good timing faux!

On 11b3es: device running for 2d and 5h, screen-on-time: 8:30h! Amazing! :thumbup:

Will try 11b4 now.

And I would be very interested to know if you plan to look into showp's just released tegra3 mpdecision?

Tegra auto plug isn't bad, CPUquiet is better, so not really. Showp spent time and has done a good thing to hack the old auto plug driver and deserve all the credits for the effort.

I have my own thing. I will continue to improve the kernels as I see fit.

PS:

Just check out the Sensation 4G (pyramid) forum: (Good Examples of unique innovations)

Showp has done his own kernel mpdecision + badass governor
I have done my own intellidemand governor without any mpdecision

Sensation users have multitude of choice to select from and some like showp's and some like mine.

On the other hand check out the Galaxy Nexus forum: (Bad Examples of KangBang kernels)

I have always done my own thing and is vastly different from ALL other kernels because of my hybrid kernel (with advanced technologies such as kernel AIO read/write, FIOPS, per cpu load averaging etc etc)
other's have KANGBANGED my kernel commits but their kernels do not run as smoothly or as fast as my kernel (this just to show KANGBANG kitchen sink kernel DOES NOT equal better)

I have always advocate for individuality and unique innovations. I don't like to build KANGBANG kernels (kitchen sink with TONS of governors and other stuff slapped together). Open source allows the users to pick and choose from many unique kernels and approaches.. If everyone just KANGBANG each other, all the kernels would look and behave the same...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to faux123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift faux123 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)