FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][v0.52][13-09-2010] MotoFrenzy (Froyo 2.2 for milestone)

5,459 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,600

By Dexter_nlb, Senior Member on 25th July 2010, 04:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th August 2010, 09:51 AM |#501  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophT

it looks like it's working. Dexter has posted before that ERROR_LOG is just a bad name choice- open up the log and read that it moved your apps successfully.

i will 100% for sure, get the name changed for the next time.
And i will probably also disable automatic formatting, as not all sdcards work normal, without a clean formatting of it. so it stops and keeps formatting/rebooting all the time as it fails.

So for those of you getting no results with it, becides rebooting. I will disable the automatic formatting, and you can chose your own solution for sdcard preperation, and the image will activate when you got a second partition on the card, so no trigger file anymore.
4th August 2010, 09:54 AM |#502  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinamilk

As I said above, running on 2.2 (pre ?? :) battery drained quickly, phone becomes warmer.
And usefull function of MS/Motorola Crystal Talk is dissabled now.

the Motorola droid is actually a GOOGLE product, and motorola only made the hardware, but google made the choices here...

so you dont get any motorola functions with a droid based 2.2 , but you get full support for hardware :)
4th August 2010, 11:11 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 168

More
if you have app2sd previously, then all apps should still be in your sdcard ext2 partition. reenabling it is simple using a few commands and files from GOT OpenRecovery. assuming you have GOT OpenRecovery in your sdcard, just issue these commands from terminal app:

Code:
su
mkdir /data/app2sd
mount -o remount,rw /system
cd /system/bin
mkdir boot_script
chmod 755 boot_script
cp -f /sdcard/OpenRecovery/app2sd/bin/boot_script/51_app2sd.sh boot_script
chmod 755 boot_script/51_app2sd.sh
mv -f mot_boot_mode.bin mot_boot_mode1.bin
cp -f /sdcard/OpenRecovery/app2sd/bin/mot_boot_mode mot_boot_mode.bin 
chmod 755 mot_boot_mode.bin
sed -i "s/mot_boot_mode.bin/mot_boot_mode1.bin/" mot_boot_mode.bin 
mount -o remount,ro /system
reboot and pray

@dexter
i tried using init.d but somehow some scripts failed so i go the above way instead

yantz
4th August 2010, 11:14 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb

so you dont get any motorola functions with a droid based 2.2 , but you get full support for hardware :)

I think hardware address is different between Droid/Ms vs Nexus One, so Crystal Talk will not work even N1 has duo microphone same as MS for noise canceling.

BTW, I need Camera now and use it everyday for capturing documentaries, so I come back to 2.36 GOT and still wait for new release from you.

Thanks !
4th August 2010, 11:52 AM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hey guys. ive found that on motofrenzy 0.3 i had network service but no 3g, as i was only testing it i reverted back to my pulsar rom. since installing motofrenzy 0.4 i have no service at all. i saw at the start of the thread about copying original files as this rom might not be compatible with my phone. i restored my pulsar rom and i used droid explorer to copy all the files from my pulsar rom however "generic_pds_init" wasnt there, yet with that pulsar rom i had full network service. once rebooting my phone with the files copied onto the new motofrenzy (other than generic_pds_init) i have NO service at all.

if someone could help me with this that would be great. thankyou
4th August 2010, 01:43 PM |#506  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboi85

hey guys. ive found that on motofrenzy 0.3 i had network service but no 3g, as i was only testing it i reverted back to my pulsar rom. since installing motofrenzy 0.4 i have no service at all. i saw at the start of the thread about copying original files as this rom might not be compatible with my phone. i restored my pulsar rom and i used droid explorer to copy all the files from my pulsar rom however "generic_pds_init" wasnt there, yet with that pulsar rom i had full network service. once rebooting my phone with the files copied onto the new motofrenzy (other than generic_pds_init) i have NO service at all.

if someone could help me with this that would be great. thankyou

in cases it has been required to copy the /system/lib/libril-moto-umts-1.so
library as well..

try that, earlier in this thread it has been written it solves it for others, so it might be your problem here too.
4th August 2010, 01:46 PM |#507  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantz

i tried using init.d but somehow some scripts failed so i go the above way instead

yantz

init.d scripts are started very late in the process of bootup, so if any changes to /data/app is done, it might be "very" busy, as android processes are running.

let me look at how we can get this running a little earlier like my own scripts are..
maybe one of these can have the busybox init.d scripts started here too.
4th August 2010, 04:33 PM |#508  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Hi there,

I have a Brazilian Milestone (Vivo Carrier, unlocked) and yesterday I installed MotoFrenzy .4.

All is fine except for two things:
1) HSDPA connection seems to not be working
I backed-up and restored the 5 files mentioned, restored the other file to System/Lib but only manage to connect in 3G (the icon never changes to the "H").
I tried to use the Update-Nosign from the other dexter thread but got the same results. The connection works and honestly it is dificult to be certain if it is more unstable/slow but I think it should go to the "H" as always. Someone have any ideia what could be the problem?
2) apps2sd: I can`t move any apps to the SD using the "Manage Application" settings (get a "Failed to Move" error) but I just checked the apps2sd_error file and it says all my apps where moved. Just how was it supposed to work?

DEXTER, thank you very much for the great work, it works great, fast and very stable.

Bye,
4th August 2010, 04:37 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
im using v0.4 with UD mod since last night , the phone works smoother and faster with the mod.though i had to root it again after installing the mod.
also can someone post the mediagallery.apk that dexter put in his froyo rom since v0.3? the old gallery without the 3d effect.
i have the one from android v2.0.1, when i install it , it fails, it used to fail on v0.2 and v0.1c too
so i think its the apk problem and i want to try the one on this rom, because u lose it after installing the UD mod.
thanks
4th August 2010, 05:11 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Anyone else having problems with the phone (calls, data) not working after a while?

When i boot everything works fine. After some hours, the data stops working and when I try to make a call the phone process force closes.

As i mentioned in an earlier post, i'm still having problems going from 3G to E. Only way to switch modes is to reboot.

Is it only my phone?
4th August 2010, 06:12 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi all,
Firstly, I would like to say thanks for your great job. I'm using MotoFrenzy 0.4 on my MS. All functions seems be ok. But I can not flash MS using RSD lite. In Android 2.1 I turn on Portal mode to connect RSD lite. In 2.2 I don't know how to do that. Can you help me, pls?
Thanks so much!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)