[Q]DroidCARPC :How do I recognize compatable touchscreen monitors for android phones?

Search This thread

2-ton

Apr 30, 2014
I am looking to buy a 7" touchscreen monitor for mounting in my car that I can use to control my android Droid 4 phone from.

Plan is that I plug my phone into the touchscreen monitor and use it like a car PC. I could then use the phones bluetooth to link up things like a keyboard, OBDLink MX (so I can use the android app for it to see veh performance). Sound can still run though my cars aux like it does right now with my phone or I can link it up another way. If i get this setup it would prob be the most plug and play and most useful car PC's ever.

Hopefully I could find a monitor that also has: GPS, Mic (for handsfree talk), internal battery. The monitor should also be 12v DC for easy wiring.

So can anyone help provide me with information on how to Vet monitors for use with android? I need to know what sort of features/touchscreen types the monitor would need in order to run my phone from it using the touchscreen. That way I can start effectively vetting monitors online and find the best ones to suit my needs.

I cant really get any further without reliable information about how to do this.

The droid 4 touchscreen specs are as follows:
Display Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 540 x 960 pixels, 4.0 inches (~275 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
(Ice Cream Sandwich)

Any help would be appreciated!

Also would I be able to buy a cheap tablet and run my phones display into it? if that tablet supported multitouch from the phone? that might be another way to get one that has a battery in it.

What do you guys think? anyone have any experience with this or good advice?

Last edited: