clean up crap from contacts

Search This thread

spyvingen

Dec 28, 2009
I have alot of crap like adress fb connections and stuff in my contacts. And now i want to clean up my contact so i only have the name phonenumbers and mailadresses is this possible to do in bulk?

Ive tried via export and excel but it does not seem right cus i get alot of adreeses in teh name colume and dont want to do anyting that could go wrong.

I have no dublicates like all the other threeds but i want to clean up everyting except the importent stuff on each contact in a bulk kind of way.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

rogerdean

Mar 15, 2014
You could start by merging duplicates in Gmail through a browser, if that is part of the problem.

Slightly related, I really don't like skype, facebook etc swamping my contacts with theirs...

Moor Terces

Mar 7, 2014
This is an awesome and annoying feature of current systems. It pulls all your contacts into one place but it also pulls all of your contacts into one place lol. FB contacts are the worst. I'm way OCD about this stuff, but I've resigned myself to just not think about it, as cleaning it up would be insanely time consuming. If I need to contact someone I look them up. If the contact has a bunch of crap or duplicates I delete it at that time.

If you are in the mood for some learning you could batch them in Access to remove info and export to a CSV Excel. Access isn't all that hard to learn and I think is actually easier to use for data mining/manipulation than Excel.

Last edited: