ICE CREAM SAMMICH TALK HERE

Search This thread

terraiz

Nov 9, 2011
Modesto
backlight settings

Hi all, I was wondering if someone knew of a thread with good settings for the backlight "edit other levels" in particular. My screen on auto bright is SUPER bright. Any help or input is appreciated :)

Thanks.

CM9 I777 SGS II

smknutson

Apr 22, 2011
SD, USA
18e624e5-7b96-3780.jpg

rav4kar

Oct 30, 2011
Edison, NJ
Engadget report "Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) now hitting unlocked Galaxy S II in America", i think it's a good beginning.

ZenDood

Mar 21, 2012
CardBoardBox
I've gotten about 3 times the update download completed but failed install all times. im in central usa.
mine's an att rooted, i777 w/ stock rom w/ codeworx kernel CWM5.x. anyone else too?

u reckon if i reverted to bone stock if the update would go through?
i want my sammich!!!:D

Last edited:

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
I've gotten about 3 times the update download completed but failed install all times. im in central usa.
mine's an att rooted, i777 w/ stock rom w/ codeworx kernel CWM5.x. anyone else too?

u reckon if i reverted to bone stock if the update would go through?
i want my sammich!!!:D

Then load Task's AOKP - better than what AT&T will do to it, and available NOW!

Reactions: ZenDood

devoured321

Aug 26, 2009
North Carolina
thx m8, i've been on the fence about switching. gps issues seems to be solved on faq, i wonder if all hardware is supported, i.e. both cams, etc.. maybe i'll try it on my guinea tab.

I've been running latest aokp with latest siyah kernal...GPS has been outstanding so far...especially since my Taurus case hinders it a lil...navigated some back woods here in Inc for work and it never skipped a beat..also both came seem to work great too

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Reactions: ZenDood

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
thx m8, i've been on the fence about switching. gps issues seems to be solved on faq, i wonder if all hardware is supported, i.e. both cams, etc.. maybe i'll try it on my guinea tab.

Both cams work great on the i777, GPS has the fastest lock in a basement that you'll ever see :D - I like AOKP on my XOOM tab, but Task's work on the SGS2 really shines.

Nandroid, try it - I'll bet money you won't go back :)

EDIT: BTW I mean MY basement, nothing implied :D

Reactions: anikiup and ZenDood

wvcoalminer

Nov 25, 2011
Also running Task AOKP. Love it, the thread, and no need for themes imo.
Cant wait to get my ten posts so I can post on that thread. Love the way its moderated!
Sent from my Tasked SGH-I777 using xda premium

Last edited:

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
:eek: u mean i can txt my mommie the gps location incase i get locked in ur basement ???

:cool:

Any basement will do :D - I'm not the kind of beast Task or Red5 are :D

But (serious for the moment) - just got a 10 second lock on 7 sats sitting downstairs - with storms in the neighborhood.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Also running Task AOKP. Love it, the thread, and no need for themes imo.
Cant wait to get my ten posts so I can post on that thread. Love the way its moderated!
Sent from my Tasked SGH-I777 using xda premium

Welcome when you get there, but PLEASE read the OP, then the FAQ, and search the thread before you ask the first question - you'll get a happier welcome that way :D

I'd say read the whole thread, but it's gotten kind of epic...

Reactions: wvcoalminer

wvcoalminer

Nov 25, 2011
Welcome when you get there, but PLEASE read the OP, then the FAQ, and search the thread before you ask the first question - you'll get a happier welcome that way :D

I'd say read the whole thread, but it's gotten kind of epic...

I've read the whole thread before I flashed. At that time was 150 pages. But am on there all the time and lmao for people not reading at all and getting flamed for asking the same questions. Love the sarcasm. I'm self teaching and learning as I go. Never needed to post a question though. So not doing to bad.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: alacrify

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, at this point:
    Boots
    Touchkeys work
    initramfs is being tracked in a local git repo
    kernel is being tracked in a local git repo
    ADB shells have root access

What is not yet working:
    CWM - I'm using the "classic" 5.0.2.8 for now. I can enter CWM, I can do a nandroid backup, but I can't restore or flash anything. I've got some ideas to fix this - I forgot some of the images.
    ADB in recovery - this makes fixing CWM harder if it's more than just the missing images
    ADB during boot - makes troubleshooting failure to boot a *****

I'm calling it a night as this is a good stopping point and I need sleep. Hopefully I'll figure out the ADB stuff and get CWM working tomorrow evening.

FennyFatal and drowningchild have a lot to thank for this - without some of their comments, I would have taken much longer to narrow down the problem to a bogus initramfs.
    So far it's being evil... Getting something that reliably boots is proving difficult.

It doesn't help that my deodex job was botched and the launcher would immediately start FCing... ****ing Samsung. I've worked around that now by installing LauncherPro, but since then I haven't successfully booted a kernel. (Before, I booted a few only to reach a broken launcher...)

Progress is being made - but it'll take some time. Esp. since I have to go out and run errands tomorrow evening.
    I could always share my chest and sinus infection with Entropy so
    he would have to call in sick
    Been there done that (I was dealing with a sinus infection caused by the 2011 floods + seasonal allergies when the I777 first launched) - no thanks not again. :)

Most of the difficulty is basic cleanup stuff and making sure I get CWM right. I'm not going to go the "kang cfroot's initramfs" way.
    no pictures just a question once we have the kernel are we still going to need the modded phone.apk

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Yes.

It'll be a while before I can figure out a way to get noise reduction working - if I ever figure that one out before an AT&T leak shows.

Right now:
    Booting
    ADB in CWM works (turns out Chainfire's hacked adbd had issues)
    CWM seems to work (at least nandroids) - flashing untested (Main reason I'm not releasing until another day or two)

Implemented but so far untested:
    Bootanimation support
    init.d support
    SoD patch
    fuel_alerted wakelock patch
    Conservative governor tuning patches

If it's stable until tomorrow, I'll probably push to github tomorrow. If it's still stable, I'll release this weekend.
    OK, now properly booting from a "git-tracked" initramfs.

At this point, since it's a LOT easier to identify when something goes wrong, progress will be much quicker.