[Q] ATT Galaxy S3 SIM Unlock Method

Search This thread

harryrasul

Dec 7, 2010
Hello Folks,

I just received my ATT Galaxy S III and was wondering if there is an unlocking tool to unlock the device as I will be travelling overseas and wanted to use my S III without having to pay crazy roaming charges. Since I just got the phone ATT will not unlock it until some time has passed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

xavenged

Jan 10, 2008
Ok so I am going to purchase an unlock code from the site above. I have used them for my galaxy s2 skyrocket with success. Now I would like to help out the community by taking a system dump before the unlock and after. If anyone has info on how to do this or what to do please let me know. I have no idea how to go about this process.

raghu007

Apr 5, 2012
unlock

Hello Folks,

I just received my ATT Galaxy S III and was wondering if there is an unlocking tool to unlock the device as I will be travelling overseas and wanted to use my S III without having to pay crazy roaming charges. Since I just got the phone ATT will not unlock it until some time has passed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

even i am in the same situation as you ...i took a risk and went with unlockunit...there is an app u can download from play store....it is 24.99$...they provide u unlock code...they say 1-60 mins but that is not accurate..it will take couple of hours....unlock worked for me...i tried putting tmobile sim and it worked fine....

visuelz

May 21, 2006
ATT gave me my unlock codes for free for the S2 when I asked for it. Maybe you want to call them too.

Last edited:

Zeimus

Aug 31, 2010
Hammer unlocks did my friends AT&T galaxy S III. It took under an hour to get the code back.

Turb0wned

Oct 31, 2008
Miami
even i am in the same situation as you ...i took a risk and went with unlockunit...there is an app u can download from play store....it is 24.99$...they provide u unlock code...they say 1-60 mins but that is not accurate..it will take couple of hours....unlock worked for me...i tried putting tmobile sim and it worked fine....

What app?

onthezone

Mar 12, 2007
I got my unlock code from AT&T and not sure why they won't give it to you, well I got it my self because I work for AT&T. ;)

CAP3r5

Jul 19, 2012
Cheapest price I've found

I haven't found a free tool as of yet but the cheapest unlock I've found is $19. It is on ebay from the user "aprivate". Sorry I'm a noob so I can't post the link but pm me for it if you can't find it. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

therealdeal74

Jul 10, 2006
I got my unlock code from AT&T and not sure why they won't give it to you, well I got it my self because I work for AT&T. ;)

Just wanted to say thanks. I thought the last thing AT&T would do was give me an unlock code for my Galaxy S3, which is about 2-3 weeks old. But I went online and chatted with them and got the code. The first guy gave me the PUK unlock code which was wrong. Then then next guy knew exactly what I wanted and asked me for my IMEI number and I just found that when I pulled the battery out. He gave me a code, I found an old non-AT&T SIM which I cut down and popped into the phone and entered the code. It took about 30 seconds but it then said I was unlocked.

My account is about 4 years old and have been through 2 prior phones with AT&T. I don't know if this makes a difference in whether or not they will give you an unlock code but you should try! I just told them I was going to travel overseas and need to use another SIM. No hassles!

harryrasul

Dec 7, 2010
Where is the cheapest place online to get the AT&T S III unlocked? I really need to get this done ASAP. Thanks..

RIVANH

Jun 12, 2012
Los Angeles
plus.google.com

how u get 4g on t-mobile for a galaxy s3 from at&t

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Question is, what was the code they had you key in to bring the applet up so you could enter your unlock code?

you have to insert a foreign SIM. i thought i answered this already. the pop-up dialer code does not work on the LTE variants of the SGS3.
    ATT gave me the unlock code before I left the US, arrived in europe, bought a SIM card from Ortel at the airport, put it in, was prompted for the unlock code, entered it and it failed and told me I had two more attempts.

I contacted ATT via online chat and they gave me the same unlock code, said I must have made a mistake. It failed again, I was told I had one attempt left.

So, I've been trying to find a way to unlock my rooted SGS3 (stock rom). Learned that there is no NV_DATA.BIN. Is there another alternative besides unlock code? I don't want to try to enter another one and permanently lock my phone.

That's pretty weird. Some thoughts:

1. Sometimes, I've gotten foreign SIM cards where the SIM card had its own lock code. I think what you're seeing is the lock code for the SIM, not the phone. If that's the case, you need to look at the material that came with the card and locate the code. According to this site:

http://www.ortelmobile.nl/en-GB/faq/getting-started/

The initial PIN code is 0000. Also, if you put it in incorrectly 3 times, You'll need the PUK code, which should be with the material that came with the card. If all else fails, to to the retail store for Ortel and get help or a new card.

2. As I said, my guess is that the code you got from AT&T probably successfully unlocked the phone and your problem is with the SIM card, not the carrier lock. I'm not absolutely sure, but I think that the AT&T code would be entered first, then the SIM pin code. If it's the other way around, then maybe you need to successfully unlock the SIM card before you can put in the carrier unlock code. Maybe somebody can enlighten us on this.

If it happens that you have already successfully input the carrier lock, then no worries, that's done for good.

If it should be the case that it actually is the AT&T carrier lock which is the problem then it's possible that you gave AT&T an incorrect IMEI and that caused them to generate a bad carrier unlock code, but I doubt that's the case. I really think the problem is with the Ortel PIN code. I don't think that putting in the carrier unlock code incorrectly will block your phone (but somebody else may know otherwise).

3. If you do manage to get the card unlocked, you will probably want to change the phone settings so that the phone doesn't ask for a SIM pin every time you boot the phone (it's annoying). Go to 'Settings>Security>Set up SIM card lock' and uncheck the "Lock SIM card" box. Then it won't require the code anymore.

Good luck!
    I don't know of a tool but there is Unlocking service on web that can unlock Galaxy S3 for a fee. I don't know how much they charge for S3 but they charged $24.99 for Galaxy Note and $14.99 for HTC One X. Here it is:

http://www.cellunlocker.net/unlock-samsung-galaxy-s3-iii.php

They claim they can unlock AT&T Galaxy S3 now.
    No unlock tool as of yet.
    Lets keep this on topic. If u wanna post a guide then make sure its for the sgs3

XDA Moderator