[APP 2.3+] 3C Toolbox (aka Android Tuner)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Zottex

Mar 19, 2012
Roma
hello, i have a samsung gt-i9000 ( galaxy s) i have installed and made a view... but i have also made an APPS OPTIMIZATION and a DATABASE OPTIMIZATION.
but now ssystem are instable and reboot many times..
there is a way to revert optimization or restore previous ( i have forgot to make nandroid backup...)

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
hello, i have a samsung gt-i9000 ( galaxy s) i have installed and made a view... but i have also made an APPS OPTIMIZATION and a DATABASE OPTIMIZATION.
but now ssystem are instable and reboot many times..
there is a way to revert optimization or restore previous ( i have forgot to make nandroid backup...)

There's probably something else you changed, as app and DB optim cannot cause any issues. App optim is about ZIP aligning, and db optim is about compacting DB.

If you have made a 'CWM reset' package, just install it.

Or go in active tweaks settings and disable everything, go in sysctl, build tweak screens and reset all there too. and reboot.

Reactions: rsngfrce

fd99601

Aug 26, 2010
Nice app

Seems like a fantastic app with good support. Unfortunately pro version is a bit costly for me at the moment. Will probably use for some more time and decide.

Some improvements which I can think of presently are:
  1. UI feels like it can use some cleaning up (seems cluttered, but not too bad).
  2. Probably you can let us decide what we want to see on main screen.
  3. In app help will definitely help! ;)

Also I don't clearly understand the difference between System Tuner Pro and Android Tuner Pro. Probably a table listing differences (in your website) will help. Apologies if I overlooked.

As some people indicated permission spoofing will be a good feature to add; but I guess the basic version doesn't let you play with app permissions. For now enjoying the basic functionality.

ImgBurn

Aug 10, 2011
West Of Phily South Jersey
12.99$ is that forged from gold? :LOL:

YES

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

3c,

Congratulations on front page recognition about time. Good luck with new apk.
Looks like another winner.:good: Looking forward to trying it out. Thank God for Developer's
like you, your software makes for a much more rewarding android experience.

Thank You

Reactions: 3c

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
Seems like a fantastic app with good support. Unfortunately pro version is a bit costly for me at the moment. Will probably use for some more time and decide.

Some improvements which I can think of presently are:
  1. UI feels like it can use some cleaning up (seems cluttered, but not too bad).
  2. Probably you can let us decide what we want to see on main screen.
  3. In app help will definitely help! ;)

Also I don't clearly understand the difference between System Tuner Pro and Android Tuner Pro. Probably a table listing differences (in your website) will help. Apologies if I overlooked.

As some people indicated permission spoofing will be a good feature to add; but I guess the basic version doesn't let you play with app permissions. For now enjoying the basic functionality.

Thanks for your feedback.

I will be going through the UI in the following months, first want to change many of the app management screens to improve their performance, then any ideas will be taken to improve the UI in any aspects.

A new option will be added to choose which screen to use as the main screen, indeed most wanted feature ;)

Well, in-app help... Yes and no, full help will remain on the web, that way I can update it without having to update the app, though I'm looking into having the ICS-like help on top of each screens, some basic getting started details. Then further helps will still be available from the way. Some feature are hard to explain on a small screen ;)

New page to list app differences: http://www.3c71.com/android/?q=node/1072

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
3c.. i already sent you an email stating my force close issue with app while startups reading..

Also im having another issue.. every time i restart my phone.. after boot animation of rom and before that small vibration which confirms boot successful.. it takes literally too long.. more like 4-5 mins to load.. and then all my linked apps are moved to internal storage and my free space of 50 mb is gone... i can give screenshots or logcat or any info u ask..

I use link2sd latest version
Thanks..

Edit: FC issue solved in newest version on play store released just now..

hit thanks button! If above post helps you..
Sent from my GT-S6102

Last edited:

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
3c.. i already sent you an email stating my force close issue with app while startups reading..

Also im having another issue.. every time i restart my phone.. after boot animation of rom and before that small vibration which confirms boot successful.. it takes literally too long.. more like 4-5 mins to load.. and then all my linked apps are moved to internal storage and my free space of 50 mb is gone... i can give screenshots or logcat or any info u ask..

Thanks..

Edit: FC issue solved in newest version on play store released just now..

Sent from my GT-S6102

For the app being moved back to internal, I'm guessing you enabled app optimization on boot, and that Link2SD app is actually making in-place Linux link from internal to external, making any other apps, even Android OS believes the app is internal, but having the APK on external storage. Hence when the app optmization script runs and zipalign APKs, it will probably copy back the APK to its original location: internal. Even though the script only take the APK and puts it back to where is was, considering Linux links are transparent...

Single way to fix this for now is to disable app optimization I'm afraid. I need to improve the script to follow linked APKs and modified link destination instead.

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
Thanks for the detailed explanation.. yup i believe so.. but i didnt do optimization of apps during boot.. must be that 1click optimization i pressed by accident.. anyway i kinda solved it by recreating links again by link2sd.. hope u make the improvement u mentioned in coming versions.. thanks..

Sent from my GT-S6102

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
Thanks for the detailed explanation.. yup i believe so.. but i didnt do optimization of apps during boot.. must be that 1click optimization i pressed by accident.. anyway i kinda solved it by recreating links again by link2sd.. hope u make the improvement u mentioned in coming versions.. thanks..

Sent from my GT-S6102

Make sure the app optimization is disabled from the active tweaks / boot settings though. As I plan to make a link2sd feature in the future, it will surely be improved to work with linked APK ;)

I think it's worth the price. Good job, and the layout looks cleaner.

Even though I am an System Tuner Pro for a long time, always support the Devs! And no, I don't want the discounted price ;)

MD

Thanks a bunch :D

tihomirone

Jun 10, 2011
Very nice app. But how can I remove the battery "icon" from notification bar. I have battery indicator in my rom in the notification bar and I don't need another one. Thanks.

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
Very nice app. But how can I remove the battery "icon" from notification bar. I have battery indicator in my rom in the notification bar and I don't need another one. Thanks.

By default the app doesn't add any notification icon. So I'm not sure why icon you actually want to remove? Can you attach a screenshot showing those icons?

Reactions: rsngfrce

Kerns_JW

Aug 26, 2009
Awesome app! Had an issue today I wanted to point out to save others a headache. SGS2 Hercules AOKP unofficial 4.1.2 has issues with the sysctl recommended changes. Not a big problem, just don't turn them on :D

Figured I would try changing each line one at a time until I figure out which one is causing the reboots. 3c happen to have a list somewhere of what is changed when clicking recommended?

Edit: Found the list. Will check back

Last edited:

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com

Just to let you know an update (0.3.0) has been published that not only includes a fix for the compatibility issue with Link2SD, but actually provides Link-to-SD feature in a much easier way: no need for a special partition on the SD card, the app uses existing app backups, saving double space :D

As usual, beta testing ongoing, please report here or in case of issues please use 'Support Request' from app settings, that way I can send you APKs with a fix to try out ;)

Awesome app! Had an issue today I wanted to point out to save others a headache. SGS2 Hercules AOKP unofficial 4.1.2 has issues with the sysctl recommended changes. Not a big problem, just don't turn them on :D

Figured I would try changing each line one at a time until I figure out which one is causing the reboots. 3c happen to have a list somewhere of what is changed when clicking recommended?

Edit: Found the list. Will check back

Looking forward to your result. I'll start working on a way to apply each recommended settings individually too ;) Will make finding incompatibilities easier in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deadly

rsngfrce

May 13, 2012
NorCal
Apps & Games
Just to let you know an update (0.3.0) has been published that not only includes a fix for the compatibility issue with Link2SD, but actually provides Link-to-SD feature in a much easier way: no need for a special partition on the SD card, the app uses existing app backups, saving double space :D

Dang, how did I miss this thread? (FYI 3c, I contacted you about the issue when of when enabling/disabling events, Android Tuner saying that the app had been frozen/unfreezed, which you have fixed :) )

This app is so complex and powerful that I get kind of lost in it, not that I am complaining! When you say that you have added a link-2-SD feature, do you mean like Link2SD or Apps2SD? How is this feature accessed, I haven't been able to find it yet? I can find the option to 'move' an app (system/internal/external depending on the app) but I think this is Apps2SD functionality, not Link2SD?

Kerns_JW

Aug 26, 2009
Kernel.hung_task_timeout_secs was the culprit. Changed to n/a and no issues for the past hour. When I change it, the phone reboots within a minute or so.

Reactions: 3c
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear users,

Considering all 3C apps are now based on the same source code, they all behave the same way, and will exhibit the same issues. Any queries will also likely applies to all apps.

To make my life easier while continuing to provide support here (and start with a clean slate), I decided to close all my app threads and open a fresh new thread here.

With your continuous help and support, the past 4 years have been a great adventure and experience. Let's take a fresh start and continue this amazing adventure.

Thank you all!

*** See at the end of this post on how to get support for any issues ***

The most comprehensive toolbox to save battery, tweak, tune, backup, secure and monitor any Android devices running any ROMs, any kernels.

What is 3C Toolbox

Replaces 20+ apps easily worth 30€ for the price of a couple of beers!

NB: Starting with version 1.0.3, Android 2.2.x and 2.1.x are no longer supported. App supports Android 2.3 and above, including Android L preview.

Safest root app on Play Store: I run the app and all its features on at least 4 devices every day, and change 3 of them frequently for testing purposes. With about 250.000+ actual users, it's pretty safe to assume the app is very safe. App can create a reset package to disable all system tweak features from CWM/TWRP at any time. App has automatic fallback in case of boot loops while re-configuring the CPU.

See signature for download links.

App Features

3C Apps Feature Comparison

More app screenshots

Low CPU consumption, please check benchmarks

Get started guide

Online help

♦♦ Unique features not available elsewhere ♦♦

Track your ROM, kernel and battery performance (%/h or mA, screen on or standby)
    ◊ Battery milli-amp (mA), mW and %/h consumption reporting
    ◊ Automatic backup of installed and updated applications
    ◊ Highly configurable graphical monitoring widgets
    ◊ Advanced script editor

♦♦ Unique features not available elsewhere (root required) ♦♦

◊ Clean and safe reboots, without data loss
    ◊ Turn on/off APN, BT discovery, tethering, GPS & WiFi Localization
    ◊ Logcat reader for Android JellyBean 4.1.x
    ◊ Easiest Link2SD / App2SD capabilities ever

More about permissions requested

Issues with CPU temperature or battery current mA or capacity mAh?

Please explain this in a support request from app settings, help and support so we can provide the appropriate option to use in 'mA retrieval method' of battery / monitoring settings and add out-of-the-box support for your device. All necessary information is provided in the request's attachments.

How to get support for any other issues

Please send a support request from app settings, help and support. You need to clearly explain your issue, attach any relevant screenshots showing where and how the issue occurs. I will not provide any support here.

All I ask is to provide reasonable details for me to be able to help, empty requests are mostly trashed, I keep one requests per device for the sake of a possible source of information for how the app supports things, to possibly fix things too or compare between variants of the same device.

For example a support request contain the following (you can check the content before sending it!),
    all discovered SD cards, very useful for any related issues, including the mentioned read cache stuff.
    app installation path and configuration, for xposed, battery, cpu, tweaks, apps or task managers problems.
    battery history and configuration for any battery problems.
    CPU configuration for CPU problems, including thermal, mp, voltage, etc

The idea is that you explain the observed issue, possibly add a screenshot so that I know exactly where to look for (app has 100+ screens and sometimes words don't mean the same for you and me), and there I can really do a good job at helping you.

PS: And so you know, I hate liars, insults, disrespect and myself. So please try to avoid those when requesting support.

Actually if you want support, posting the whole support request content, the screenshot and details here should be ok. Doing otherwise, I'll either ignore you completely or send you elsewhere very quickly, you want to leave me a one star rating, so be it: developing is my passion and I love it, you want my help, do it the right way or don't at all. I don't develop for stars, I develop for fun.
    Away until the 23rd

Dear users, I'm away from work taking my first week off in 3 years and I don't always have a good connection where I'm currently staying.

So if I miss your post or support request, don't hesitate to send me a reminder on the day I return.

During that period I'll be checking my emails and posts on XDA (and my own web site) and will try to respond whenever possible.

Thanks a lot for your patience.
    Yeah right. Seems too unorganized and bloated IMO. I'd rather use rom toolbox pro and other select apps. But thats my opinion.

Best of luck.

Thanks, wishing you the same.

12 bucks? Seriously?

attachment.php

Is that price getting you hangry? This app is much better organized than rom toolbox to mention only one.
    Hard to use? must be kidding. Many users of this app are non-tech. Aren't you involved in ROM Toolbox dev by the way?

The app is not being sold with a sexy girl on the front page, maybe that's what you mean by select? :D
    Attention !!!! Installs an apk to /system/ dosnt know what it does !!! Apk is there when uninstalled too !!!!

I've updated the first post with more information about that. Will publish an updated APK to ask user permission before installing it within the next hour.

EDIT: Didn't expected you guys to be so quick while I finalize the publishing of all required information. :D

By the way, the uninstall process can't uninstall other stuff, but as a rooted device, you should have no problem getting rid of this APK.
    Please try the new APK published a minute ago (available in a couple of hours) that will allow you to refuse the APK installation.

Will the users of BMW pro and system tuner pro get a discount or count this as an upgrade?

Yes, just contact me with the order lists (bmw, system tuner and the new android tuner) and I'll refund old apps. This is the migration plan I'm working on.

EDIT: As of December 20th, 2013, direct refunds on Play Store are no longer possible. This was the only available way to offer discounts in a decent way. PayPal was an alternative available until February 2014, but it was abandonned because of the complexity, 30+% extra fees and the lack of global support (some countries could not receive refunds).

Hi 3c,

Not a bad idea to make an "all in one", just need to see about memory, battery and CPU usage... but I am pretty confident about that ;)

No more update for System Tuner pro?

In all cases I buy it! ;) (although slightly damage the impressive increase in the price :eek: :D).

Thanks and congratulations for your new app :)

Yes, high price for now to avoid users who just try any apps and put comments after a few minutes of testing. And also to be able to offer discounts by refunding old apps paid version.

Nevertheless there will be updates on existing apps (not everyone wants an all in one app) with existing improvements, except features that require additional permissions.