[ROM][10-26-13]Homemade CM 10.2 with cherry picks ~ Working IR/USB OTG support

Search This thread

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
Dude I didn't think this would work with gsm. So because I of this I don't know what to say. I can't help you with something when I didn't even think it was supposed to work. You running sprint one internationally and unlocked?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: Rimmir and Riff76

hoomanoid

Mar 16, 2009
Dude I didn't think this would work with gsm. So because I of this I don't know what to say. I can't help you with something when I didn't even think it was supposed to work. You running sprint one internationally and unlocked?

LOL, yeah, it's sprint unlocked. And it is supposed to work (every Sprint HTC One has a SIM tray). The only trouble is with the signal bars. Yes it is related to GSM, but it's not about the radio or something, just a bug with the visual part. I guess. Are you going to look through that or it's not your priority?

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
LOL, yeah, it's sprint unlocked. And it is supposed to work (every Sprint HTC One has a SIM tray). The only trouble is with the signal bars. Yes it is related to GSM, but it's not about the radio or something, just a bug with the visual part. I guess. Are you going to look through that or it's not your priority?

How could he if he can't test? Wondering why you are using your "Local" GSM provider instead of Sprint or are you and Intl user or a traveling US based Sprint user?

Sent from my d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4

hoomanoid

Mar 16, 2009
How could he if he can't test? Wondering why you are using your "Local" GSM provider instead of Sprint or are you and Intl user or a traveling US based Sprint user?

As I've already said, the problem is not with the connection or something, but just an interface thing. The OP may, if interested, look into the problem and I can be an alpha-tester.
You never heard of unlocked iPhones? Once unlocked, it operates all over the world, even CDMA models.

david279, don't you know, the ROM from the intl M7 will work on our device? If I try, it would not break anything?

Last edited:

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
No you can't flash m7ul ROM partitions are different and you'll end up with a soft brick. They were working on gsm support that's why you see the global options but one of the bugs was not being able to see signal strength. The commits are still there not even committed but I guess it still works anyway. Its a gonna take some coding to get it to see gsm signal strength though, a lot of work is still being done making sure Lte/CDMA works without issue. So I am gonna say its on pause for now but hey :confused: It may be a while.

hoomanoid

Mar 16, 2009
No you can't flash m7ul ROM partitions are different and you'll end up with a soft brick. They were working on gsm support that's why you see the global options but one of the bugs was not being able to see signal strength. The commits are still there not even committed but I guess it still works anyway. Its a gonna take some coding to get it to see gsm signal strength though, a lot of work is still being done making sure Lte/CDMA works without issue. So I am gonna say its on pause for now but hey :confused: It may be a while.
Looking forward, bro!) Good luck and let me know if I can help.

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
As I've already said, the problem is not with the connection or something, but just an interface thing. The OP may, if interested, look into the problem and I can be an alpha-tester.
You never heard of unlocked iPhones? Once unlocked, it operates all over the world, even CDMA models.

david279, don't you know, the ROM from the intl M7 will work on our device? If I try, it would not break anything?

Totally understand and have done it before on business, I was asking why you choose to use the GSM service rather that Sprint if you were in the States OR if maybe you were traveling. I'm sure David would like to look I to and fix things (that's just the fun in Dev work) but it's hard without being able to test directly.

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
Just uploaded a build. Would like everyone to test 3g 4g handoffs and if the data connection issues are minimized. I say minimized because there's gonna be some areas where you just might not be able to get connections. Typical bad coverage etc.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 4

fadentales

Dec 16, 2009
Mission Viejo
Just uploaded a build. Would like everyone to test 3g 4g handoffs and if the data connection issues are minimized. I say minimized because there's gonna be some areas where you just might not be able to get connections. Typical bad coverage etc.

Had the same thing where I had to use airplane mode, also noticed on the last couple of builds I have been having an issue with my mic, when I call someone or when they call me the mic doesn't work until I reset that phone which then makes my data not work until I put it into airplane mode...Its a strange cycle

atroph

Sep 14, 2011
Handoffs seem fine. I streamed music on my way home from work this evening. There are a few spots where the audio interrupted, but those are normal and the pause was brief. I was in a normally saturated 3g and 4g area. When I arrived home I had LTE signal as I should.

atroph

Sep 14, 2011
Handoffs seem fine. I streamed music on my way home from work this evening. There are a few spots where the audio interrupted, but those are normal and the pause was brief. I was in a normally saturated 3g and 4g area. When I arrived home I had LTE signal as I should.

Update. Did some more testing today and things didn't go as well as yesterday. I tried the open APN trick and all the APNs were missing. Quick airplane toggle and it appeared to repopulate them and it then acquired signal.

I also saw something strange where it asked me to sign in to Sprint similar to a wifi that needs authentication. Normally when wifi needs authentication it will have the wifi signal bars and a message in the notification area. This message had the cellular bars with the message to sign in to sprint. Strange...

It also appears that the very top APN named Sprint has reappeared. I believe that it was gone after the initial flash leaving only the LTE and EHRPD APNs. Maybe it reset itself back to default somehow?

Anyways just a little feedback to help the cause.

10/08 Unofficial build BTW.

atroph

Sep 14, 2011
A few pics of what is happening...

No data:

usu6uby2.jpg

After airplane toggle:

7avadase.jpg

Finally selecting ehrpd then 3g comes up:

9aqanyby.jpg

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
What does your APN screen look like?

Yea that sprint Apn is back. I did a bunch of testing and that Apn wasn't exactly the problem. The priority was. I haven't had a issue where I had to go into the Apn menu in about days. And if I do lose data it comes back in like 2 minutes. So I don't know what's the issue. I'm starting to think it may just be a local issue for some of you guys. In my area almost every tower has been updated 3g/4g. Just trying to figure what it could be.

Well I'm building now and it's gonna be done around midnight. Pulled some ril files from the 4.3 ota so it maybe a better experience. I've been using them for a day or two now with no issues.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381376906226.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381376906226.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 93

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
Also can someone update there google wallet to the one updated today and see if tap and pay is available. I've been using a hacked one and I updated it today and tap and pay seems to still be available. I even deleted the hacked one and then install the updated one and tap and pay is still saying it's available. So maybe it really works for us or its just a quirk with my phone.

Reactions: Riff76

pbedard

Jul 30, 2010
boston
It's the data dropping fixed do you know

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

Handoffs are great you should ask cm to merge that it to the nightly

Sent from my One using XDA Premium HD app

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
Ok I'm uploading a build now with the Apn file without the sprint entry. I'm finding out today when on 1x/EVDO that's when it will get stuck. I'm on EHRPD/LTE 90% of the time that's why that issue never happened to me. But I found some 1x and the triggered it so I'm getting rid of the entry till someone smarter figures it out. The build should be up now.

Top Liked Posts