WM 6.X for HTC alpine ROM by Cotulla

Search This thread

psophan

Oct 30, 2009
phnom penh
For my Alpine , why it still only WM 2003se? Before Alpine and Magician are
device that work only 2003SE ,but magician now have alot of rom while Alpine still use only 2003se .So Cotulla ,could be help for Alpine rom (WM 5,orWM 6.x) .pl if can... becuase everybody alway say Alpine is crazy PDA that still only 2003se while another device used any rom.

Last edited:

Cotulla

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2007
need at least somebody who want make me a gift - Alphine :D

Cotulla

Sep 8, 2007
actually I looked to Alphine rom...

So my offer:
I think that I have ability to create/port rom for Alphine WM61/WM65.
It will be exact copy of my Magicians roms, except some stuffs: 1) Persistent memory as user store, so after full battery discharge you won't have hard reset.
2)Possible problems with BT and WLAN. the same WLAN seems used in uni btw. But I think I will able to fix problems.

Because it's based on Magician base, ROM won't have CarKits, BackPacks and etc support, because this devices not supported by Magician. The bugs also will be the same I think.... :D

Also full speed activation... now Alphine running on 520Mhz with 104 Mhz bus seems. Full speed is 520 Mhz / 208 Mhz possible (like on Magician 416/208). Overclocking up to 624 Mhz also maybe possible.

So that I want...
HTC Alphine as present in good condition.
If I won't be able to create new rom, I will send device back :) It will be useless for me.

yeah, I know that my english is not nice, so feel free to ask more if something not clear :)

b0z0k

Jun 24, 2008
Nokser should send his Alpine to Cotulla

a man named Nokser, who keeps saying he can make a port of wm6 to alpine in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=495820&page=26 have been sent an Alpine by other member in XDA-Devs forum, but all other members of this forum said that he just wanted to score an Alpine, because no result have been made, not even alpha, beta, or other tests..

I think he should give the Alpine that he scored to Cotulla after no progress in many,many,many months.. just a blank hope for us, Alpine users..

In his last thread he said that he is making a kitchen to cook new ROM for Alpine. i vote that it should be a deadline, where if the deadline are met and this Nokser fellow just gave his promises, he should give it to Cotulla.. considering it wasn't his Alpine, and like Cotulla said, if he can't make a WM6 ROM he will give it back.. so NOKSER should do the same..

Keep Alpine alive..

ShadowswordPL

Nov 26, 2008
I think that Cotulla should talk to Nosker like programmer with programmer. Maybe Nosker is really far in making rom, maybe he need some help. I think that we can w8 for Nosker, or if he don't have time Nosker should share knownledge with Cotulla.

I'm still w8ing for rom - I really like my Alpine, and I don't want to change it. It's still good PDA, but I'm a bit bored in old Windows.

Good luck ;)

Cotulla

Sep 8, 2007
I just putted my offer :)
If you agree with it, you can send to me Alphine and I will try :)

It really doesn't matter for me, where you get it from - somebody will send his old unused device or community will collect donation 1$ from Alphine owners and buy Alphine somewhere...:p

maybe a little sharply, but my English not very good :)

faizalr

Oct 31, 2007
Jakarta
Any update?

Is there any progress? It seems there is no respons for the offer made by Cotulla. However I still keep my hope.

faizalr

Oct 31, 2007
Jakarta
I wish Master Cottula now is bussy with Alpine and soon will release the new ROM for us.

We are waiting for you Cotulla.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey AERO i had tried to skip the radio version check and it started flsh from Rom update as i told you but it does not work.....As i told you in my Personal Message to you all information is there you just go with that and it will be a success

I will post it here so much people could try it.
    Try to unpack nbf with HTC64_Tool, then open it in any hex editor or disassemble. IDA Pro Advanced is good there.
    Only fix is to find required radio or find condition which checks this.
    Be patient please, we still have a chance

Hey comrades, I sent a private message to Cotulla and he replied to it.
    Originally Posted by Shahen

Hello Dear Cotulla, I c u very busy at last time, but can u answer one question please. Are you going to continue developing of Alpine rom, based on generation 10?
    Best regards and Happy new year!
    Originally Posted by Cotulla

yes... I am still working it, don't think that I am abandon it.

but got more difficults and also need to did some work for LEO.

I hope u understand that it's very not easy to bring WM65 on such old device...

-Cotulla
    Hello people try WM 6.5 Cotulla
    I installed 1.0.0 Alpine radio on my Magician and reported the error noradio
    I waited and Windows to run with the Alpine 1.0.0
    Therefore, try WM 6.5 Cotulla :)
    You should be a start

Which version? R1? Show pls ur device info on screenshots or upload a video.
    Htcmag_rom_wwe_o5 64 MB 6.5 wm
    Check out and see.
    If it's not going to try Radio 1.2.0.0 Magician.
    Or try
    HTCMAG_ROM_WWE_O4 128 MB a 64 MB 6.1 wm
    I do not Alpine
    I do not know if you need 128 megabytes or 64 MB

128 mb version will say it won't boot because device is 64 ram (I know alpine has 128, it's for magican, man)
    Don't try to flash magician roms(especially radio) on ur Alpine. It won't be work! I guarantee it!

I tried and I think my radio got owned lol
    Hexing magldr now, hope cotulla won't get angry