[Q] Best KitKat ROM for Xperia Neo V ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mano4ever

Oct 30, 2013
Hello
I want to know what is the best KitKat ROM for Xperia Neo V ?
And I want to know how can I install this ROM because this is the first time to upgrade my device system
Thanks

devxdb

Apr 26, 2014
Assuming youre stillnon GB or Gingerbreas (2.3.4) right? So you need to download the latest stock firmware for mt11i and the flashtool, after downloading install the flashtool which can be found inside the c:/flashtool then put the latest firmware inside thr c:/flashtool/firmware, now install the phones driver its inside the c:/flashtool/drivers then open the flashtool, select the latest firmware u downloaded (assuming thats ice cream sandwich-ICS) then flash the firmware, before turning off your phone be sure to change the usb conn to msc then check unknown resources in the security options, then usb debug inside the dev options in the settings..., then after selecting in the flashtool the instructions will pop up, just follow it

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mano4ever

Oct 30, 2013
Assuming youre stillnon GB or Gingerbreas (2.3.4) right? So you need to download the latest stock firmware for mt11i and the flashtool, after downloading install the flashtool which can be found inside the c:/flashtool then put the latest firmware inside thr c:/flashtool/firmware, now install the phones driver its inside the c:/flashtool/drivers then open the flashtool, select the latest firmware u downloaded (assuming thats ice cream sandwich-ICS) then flash the firmware, before turning off your phone be sure to change the usb conn to msc then check unknown resources in the security options, then usb debug inside the dev options in the settings..., then after selecting in the flashtool the instructions will pop up, just follow it

Thanks a lot for you
Now . I'm using Android version 4.0.3
But if I want to know if carbon rom is compatible with Neo V or there are any problems ?

devxdb

Apr 26, 2014
Carbon rom is using an ion kernel if im right, ok, so after installing the latest firmware, kindly dowload the rom u wanted to use, note its very important to read the instructions of every rom, there are some that include gapps and some arent, so just download the core rom, gapps and the kernel, take note sometimes the kernel is inside the core/main rom, after downloading it, open the compressed file and just extract the file "boot.img" thats the most used name for the kernel inside the zip, extract it, inside the c:/flashtool/kernel if u want to organize it, add another folder and name it under the roms name(why? Cuz sometimes there are some special modifications in thr kernel thats only intended for that rom) now run ur flashtool in pc, now transfer the gapps and the main rom inside ur sd card, now power off ur device, back to the flashtool, select fastboot, now back to device hold the menu button down and insert the usb cable (the usb debug be sure thats on) and itll detect the fastboot option, now flash the select fastboot option under that lightning button, then select the one on the right side, there are 2 sides, select kernel, choose the kernel u just extracted from the rom, then wait for a few secs, itll be done, look at the logs in the flashtool, now turn on ur device, the kernel shows up, hold down button and tap the screen simultaneously, the cwm will boot, now the remaining instructions are inside the rom thread just follow it...

Reactions: hooooossamq

mano4ever

Oct 30, 2013

I don't know how to thank you
I've installed this ROM
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2545357
But I can't find the Google Play store
Can i try this or what I can do ?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2570921

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
XDA is a development site not a support site. As the term "Best" or "Most Stable" is a very subjective term, such members are expected to do their own research, read through the development threads, and decide what is "Best/Most Stable" for them.

The only results that would be posted here are what each member has found to be "Best" or "Most Stable" for them by experimentation based on their phone/usage/setup/apps/signal strength. And at times, these thread spiral into arguments over which is perceived "Best/Most Stable".

Please take the time to read through the development threads, and interact with the members there, to learn all about the software you are about to drastically alter your very expensive device with.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Carbon rom is using an ion kernel if im right, ok, so after installing the latest firmware, kindly dowload the rom u wanted to use, note its very important to read the instructions of every rom, there are some that include gapps and some arent, so just download the core rom, gapps and the kernel, take note sometimes the kernel is inside the core/main rom, after downloading it, open the compressed file and just extract the file "boot.img" thats the most used name for the kernel inside the zip, extract it, inside the c:/flashtool/kernel if u want to organize it, add another folder and name it under the roms name(why? Cuz sometimes there are some special modifications in thr kernel thats only intended for that rom) now run ur flashtool in pc, now transfer the gapps and the main rom inside ur sd card, now power off ur device, back to the flashtool, select fastboot, now back to device hold the menu button down and insert the usb cable (the usb debug be sure thats on) and itll detect the fastboot option, now flash the select fastboot option under that lightning button, then select the one on the right side, there are 2 sides, select kernel, choose the kernel u just extracted from the rom, then wait for a few secs, itll be done, look at the logs in the flashtool, now turn on ur device, the kernel shows up, hold down button and tap the screen simultaneously, the cwm will boot, now the remaining instructions are inside the rom thread just follow it...