[Q] Note 3 retail to Develop

Search This thread

saddog5523

Jun 2, 2011
Jonesboro, AR
Is it possible to Odin a retail note 3 with developer edition software or is it more complicated than that?

I remember someone posed this question before, but I have no idea where. I was also interested in the possibility of this. I think it isn't possible because something about the developer edition phone has something unique in the code that ties it to that specific device. Something in the code that is needed for a phone to be a 'developer edition'. Sorry for the vague answer, maybe someone with a better understanding can shed some light on this.

M

mdorrett

Unfortunatley this is not possible. The retail version comes with a locked bootloader and a different kernel than the DE does. Trying to flash the DE software and kernel will result in a brick every time. Wish it was possible though.

Galaxy Note 3 Stock Rooted Xposed
Galaxy Gear Rooted Null Rom
Suck It Nerds!

Bobby_z

Sep 4, 2011
Indianapolis
Unfortunatley this is not possible. The retail version comes with a locked bootloader and a different kernel than the DE does. Trying to flash the DE software and kernel will result in a brick every time. Wish it was possible though.

Galaxy Note 3 Stock Rooted Xposed
Galaxy Gear Rooted Null Rom
Suck It Nerds!

I remember someone posed this question before, but I have no idea where. I was also interested in the possibility of this. I think it isn't possible because something about the developer edition phone has something unique in the code that ties it to that specific device. Something in the code that is needed for a phone to be a 'developer edition'. Sorry for the vague answer, maybe someone with a better understanding can shed some light on this.

Thanks for the reply guys I kind of thought this was the case I just didn't know if something was possible to change the software with the device.