XDA Forum login issues.

Search This thread

BeeJ1109

Sep 26, 2015
Adelaide
Can not log in only on one device Samsung T330 tablet using Stock v5.1.1 Android.
I have reset password, after receiving Email on new password
Tried it same message "Incorrect user and password"
On all my other devices I can login OK.
Tried several times on faulty login tablet, with new password and changed to my password. Still same and others OK.
Posted problem on other XDA Groups. No fix.
Need to contact XDA ADMIN,
By the way, using same tab and logging on via Chrome, or other Login OK. Just an issue with XDA APP downloaded and installed several times on T330. NO GO.

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Can not log in only on one device Samsung T330 tablet using Stock v5.1.1 Android.
I have reset password, after receiving Email on new password
Tried it same message "Incorrect user and password"
On all my other devices I can login OK.
Tried several times on faulty login tablet, with new password and changed to my password. Still same and others OK.
Posted problem on other XDA Groups. No fix.
Need to contact XDA ADMIN,
By the way, using same tab and logging on via Chrome, or other Login OK. Just an issue with XDA APP downloaded and installed several times on T330. NO GO.
Sorry to hear that you've so much trouble. I apologise and suggest to contact the admins via this form: https://www.xda-developers.com/contact/

BeeJ1109

Sep 26, 2015
Adelaide
Sorry to hear that you've so much trouble. I apologise and suggest to contact the admins via this form: https://www.xda-developers.com/contact/

Hi Oswald,
Already done that a couple of weeks ago.
Contact provided Mike Channon, XDA Administrator in XDA ADMIN and Forum Support.

The Dev is blk_jack. He has gone AWOL for 6 months. Maybe overworked, having health issues.
Requested support from other Devs to help him. He and only him is responsible for XDA-LABS app.

But nobody So far has offered to support him, to investigate and help fix this application which is a "closed" and "not open" app to view the code. Due to it's complexity.

There is a completely new app being developed ROM ground up.
Maybe another blk_jack is not responding to user's posts.
Mike commented several times in our PMs, about issues with XDA forums expanding way beyond the platform's "vBulletin system" capability. (15000 forums).

Cheers

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: Not an advertising issue, as pointed out throughout this thread. Potential solution (works for me) is to change the forum theme. Go to the lower left of the forums and use the drop-down box. Change to the last option XDA 2013 beta 1024. This has fixed the issue for me, as well as for Formicae (post #4) who reported this fix.

Yesterday I started having issues with the website. Whenever I'd visit, I'd have to log back in. However, navigating to a subforum would automatically log me in. I initially assumed that it had to do with me getting Chrome 23 last night. However, then I noticed it happening on my phone's browser (Stock touchwiz browser). I didn't just have two systems go loopy at the same time.

I'm one of those oddballs that uses an adblocker but whitelists domains that I trust. I want you guys to get advertising revenue from me because I support the website. But, I noticed the problem resolved on my phone whenever I got around the popup ad. So, I re-enabled ad-blocking on this domain. Guess what? Problem solved. No more login issues.

Might want to look at your advertisements and see what's preventing users from remaining logged in. I could login and navigate to the subforums, but then if I clicked the forum button at the top, I'd be logged out again until I navigated elsewhere. There's an advertisement doing this.
    This should fix the problem for anyone that was being driven mad by this when using Chrome.

Edit your XDA bookmark and add this at the end /login.php?do=login

For example, I bookmark the Galaxy s2 forum like this - http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1055/login.php?do=login and now I can log in every time without it keep forgetting my username and password all the time.
    I switched to the XDA 2013 Beta theme (bottom left of browser window, drop menu) and haven't had to log in again despite a couple of browser restarts and a computer restart. Might be nothing, but worth a shot?
    Some new changes may be causing this - these are being investigated.
    Somehow it seems fixed since about 15:00 UTC. I still have to log in again, but now it's more in 2 hour intervals.

That is great, I did tweak a setting, maybe that did the trick. Let me know how it goes.