[Murray's M8MOD]PowerSave QST, Mobile Hotspot, Minor Quick Settings and more

Search This thread

murryrulz

Oct 1, 2010
Update! I've gone ahead and updated the mod for the VzW m8 1.55 update. I also removed the wifi nag some people have asked for.
Please make sure if you've updated to 1.55 and flashed the previous mod you flash the update here!

What this mod DOES:
- Adds the power save quick setting tile NOTE! Please make sure you have enabled the power save feature first. Described here
- Adds the screenshot quick setting tile
- Enables mobile hotspot without carrier provisioning
- Removes Wifi Nag in notification panel
- *Optional* Adds the minor quick settings panel to the notification shade (see screenshot)

This will probably only work for those who are running stock roms!
PS this should work with skyfall as well since its based off the stock rom. -NOT CONFIRMED

I am not responsible if this mod bricks or otherwise ruins your phone. Use at your own risk!

Screenshot_2014-04-13-00-34-58.png

1) Download Murray's M8Mod
2) Flash zip with favorite recovery
3) Wipe cache and dalvik
4) Reboot
5) Profit! ;)

I have also made another Mod that now adds the minor QST to the notifiction panel as well. The first 5 panels form the QST will show here

Screenshot_2014-04-13-23-31-39.png

1) Download Murray's M8Mod with Minor QS
3) Wipe cache and dalvik
4) Reboot
5) Profit! ;)

Last edited:

dapbmonkey4u

Nov 28, 2009
FYI: I am on skyfall 1.3 odex. I installed the zip. It gave me the toggles for screenshots and power saver, but no a advanced power menu when holding the power button. It was worth a try.

Evocm7

Oct 19, 2011
Bakersfield
Extended reboot would be great

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

The minor quick settings in notification area don't work for me. :( on skyfall 1.1 deodex

murryrulz

Oct 1, 2010

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

The minor quick settings in notification area don't work for me. :( on skyfall 1.1 deodex

Try mounting system before flashing

Reactions: Evocm7

schwartz.matthew.e

Sep 17, 2013
I just flashed it on the original stock with zero results. I assume I'm doing something wrong. Just got my m8 today too so I may have missed a setting.

sparky_005

Apr 15, 2014
I just flashed it on the original stock with zero results. I assume I'm doing something wrong. Just got my m8 today too so I may have missed a setting.

Did you already enable power saver mode? This mod won't work unless you have. I think there's a link in the OP

Sent from my VZW HTC One M8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update! I've gone ahead and updated the mod for the VzW m8 1.55 update. I also removed the wifi nag some people have asked for.
    Please make sure if you've updated to 1.55 and flashed the previous mod you flash the update here!

What this mod DOES:
    - Adds the power save quick setting tile NOTE! Please make sure you have enabled the power save feature first. Described here
    - Adds the screenshot quick setting tile
    - Enables mobile hotspot without carrier provisioning
    - Removes Wifi Nag in notification panel
    - *Optional* Adds the minor quick settings panel to the notification shade (see screenshot)

This will probably only work for those who are running stock roms!
    PS this should work with skyfall as well since its based off the stock rom. -NOT CONFIRMED

I am not responsible if this mod bricks or otherwise ruins your phone. Use at your own risk!

Screenshot_2014-04-13-00-34-58.png

1) Download Murray's M8Mod
    3) Wipe cache and dalvik
    4) Reboot
    5) Profit! ;)

I have also made another Mod that now adds the minor QST to the notifiction panel as well. The first 5 panels form the QST will show here

Screenshot_2014-04-13-23-31-39.png

1) Download Murray's M8Mod with Minor QS
    3) Wipe cache and dalvik
    4) Reboot
    5) Profit! ;)
    UPDATE!

Added minor quick settings to mod as optional download to OP. Im thinking about adding extreme power saver and extended reboot options to this mod as well. Let me know if anyone is interested!
    Totally off topic but did anyone else think Seaquest DSV when they read the title Powersave QST or am I the only one.

Try mounting system before flashing

Anyone tested this on the new OTA? Only thing I'm missing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

Make an backup an flash it let us know...worse case you have to wipe an restore. ?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app