CWM Recovery v5.5.0.4 for A70x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
EDIT FROM THE ARCHANGEL: DO NOT USE THIS RECOVERY IT WILL BRICK YOUR TAB,btw i pulled the links

Attention!
At the moment CWM recovery is not workable! Its use can lead to non-functionality of your tablet! For details see here.

Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and steaven_zw (4pda.ru).

How to:
1. Boot your device.
2. On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on. Connect the tablet to your PC. Be sure to install the latest driver for the tablet.
3. Download the archive and extract it to any convenient location on your computer.
4. Unlock your bootloader for fastboot, follow here. Then reboot a tablet.
5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file:
for windows with the rights of administrator:
Code:
flash-cwm.bat
Recovery is installed.

Reboot again with Volume- and see whether you can still access recovery (or use the following command):
Code:
adb reboot recovery

PS: If you can not use this instruction, look here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latoc

Feb 17, 2010
Quick questions for you ZeroNull:

Do we have to unlock bootloader first (I suppose we do) ?

Do we have to be rooted first (I suppose we don't) ?

If we don't have to be rooted first, can we root after just by flashing the supersu.zip by Chainfire from recovery (I would suppose we can) ?

Thanks a lot, again.

EDIT: I just checked and saw that the recovery in this package is the same size as the "rooting.img" in the generic root package from you. I suppose that means it is a temp recovery that you use to root the tab ? Which means we can gain root from recovery so flashing supersu from this recovery should work... just trying to understand what's going on, for my own knowledge ;)

EDIT 2: I just opened the .bat file and saw there was some disabling at the end for recovery.sh
I also opened an Acer rom and saw inside the zip that there was some stuff about recovery.sh
From what I can understand, it looks like you disable something that Acer wants to do. What is it exactly ?
If I reflash an Acer stock rom from CWM recovery, will the recovery be reflashed with stock one, or does your script takes care of that ?
Again, just trying to understand.

Last edited:

bucklyv

Still looking for a stock .017 US ROM image...

Quick questions for you ZeroNull:

Do we have to unlock bootloader first (I suppose we do) ?

Do we have to be rooted first (I suppose we don't) ?

If we don't have to be rooted first, can we root after just by flashing the supersu.zip by Chainfire from recovery (I would suppose we can) ?

Thanks a lot, again.

EDIT: I just checked and saw that the recovery in this package is the same size as the "rooting.img" in the generic root package from you. I suppose that means it is a temp recovery that you use to root the tab ? Which means we can gain root from recovery so flashing supersu from this recovery should work... just trying to understand what's going on, for my own knowledge ;)

EDIT 2: I just opened the .bat file and saw there was some disabling at the end for recovery.sh
I also opened an Acer rom and saw inside the zip that there was some stuff about recovery.sh
From what I can understand, it looks like you disable something that Acer wants to do. What is it exactly ?
If I reflash an Acer stock rom from CWM recovery, will the recovery be reflashed with stock one, or does your script takes care of that ?
Again, just trying to understand.

Since you are apparently still running the stock .017 US ROM, could you make (and post or PM me) a backup copy that could be used to re-flash to stock?

Thanks,

I am currently flashed and running the .025_EMA_CUS1 ROM with teh new CWM recovery... all went very well!

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
You'll have to unlock the boot-loader to flash a recovery, but you don't need to be rooted for this to happen.You root the operating system to gain access behind the scenes....A recovery such as CWM (this) is the first step for you to flash non signed ROMs (modified) without the system denying you. Then you can flash an already rooted (or tweaked) ROM once they are available, but as of right now there aren't any.

So unlock boot-loader, flash this, then root your ROM...

Reactions: Latoc

Latoc

Feb 17, 2010
Since you are apparently still running the stock .017 US ROM, could you make (and post or PM me) a backup copy that could be used to re-flash to stock?

Thanks,

I am currently flashed and running the .025_EMA_CUS1 ROM with teh new CWM recovery... all went very well!

Sorry, but I'm currently running this: SDs_Acer_AV043_A700_RV07RC06_EMEA_FR.zip

It is a french leak, but you can get it from the rom thread so I'm not going to be able to help you much on this.

By the way, did you root before pushing this recovery or did you just unlock the bootloader ?

Reactions: bucklyv

Latoc

Feb 17, 2010
You'll have to unlock the boot-loader to flash a recovery, but you don't need to be rooted for this to happen.You root the operating system to gain access behind the scenes....A recovery such as CWM (this) is the first step for you to flash non signed ROMs (modified) without the system denying you. Then you can flash an already rooted (or tweaked) ROM once they are available, but as of right now there aren't any.

So unlock boot-loader, flash this, then root your ROM...

Ok cool.

Last question then: can I root by just flashing supersu.zip from CWM ?

bucklyv

Sorry, but I'm currently running this: SDs_Acer_AV043_A700_RV07RC06_EMEA_FR.zip

It is a french leak, but you can get it from the rom thread so I'm not going to be able to help you much on this.

By the way, did you root before pushing this recovery or did you just unlock the bootloader ?

Mine was both rooted and s-off... I am hoping the ROM development for the ACER takes off now that it is rooted and a recovery is working. Bought this over waiting for the Infinity to drop later this month (July)... hope it wasn't a mistake I will regret!

Thanks for the response.

Cheers!

Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and steaven_zw (4pda.ru).

How to:
1. Boot your device.
2. On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on. Connect the tablet to your PC. Be sure to install the latest driver for the tablet.
3. Download the archive and extract it to any convenient location on your computer.
Code:
flash-cwm.bat
Recovery is installed.

Reboot again with Volume- and see whether you can still access recovery (or use the following command):
Code:
adb reboot recovery

Awesome, thanks ZeroNull!

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

I have one question, is the stock Recovery out there somewhere? I am just curious, in case I had to flash the original one back.

doanb555

Feb 24, 2012
Cologne
ZeroNull, you're the ****. Awesome work, again. Tanks!

I have one question, is the stock Recovery out there somewhere? I am just curious, in case I had to flash the original one back.

You mean "stock rom", right?
If someone would make a nandroidbackup of a stock-Version, then You could recover from that Backup and would be on Stock.
You just need someone to be so kind, but i guess that ont take too long. ;)

Gesendet von meinem A700 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

moom999

Feb 23, 2010
After backup using the cwm and reboot then reboot again to recovery it will boot the original acer recovery!
Is this temporary cwm recovery?
After connecting the charger when the tablet off it will restore the original recovery

Last edited:
ZeroNull, you're the ****. Awesome work, again. Tanks!

You mean "stock rom", right?
If someone would make a nandroidbackup of a stock-Version, then You could recover from that Backup and would be on Stock.
You just need someone to be so kind, but i guess that ont take too long. ;)

Gesendet von meinem A700 mit Tapatalk 2

You are right, my bad. :D It's late here, 11:37 PM, my brain is slowly fading in and out lol

Last edited:

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
After backup using the cwm and reboot then reboot again to recovery it will boot the original acer recovery!
Is this temporary cwm recovery?
In the original of Acer firmware there is a function restore original (stock) recovery. In my instruction at one stage of the script executes the CWM recovery. This is necessary, that would disable the restoration of the original (stock) recovery. If for some reason the launch has not occurred or the user manually exited from the CWM recovery, then system restore will not be disabled. And after rebooting the system will automatically be restored to the original recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: doanb555

moom999

Feb 23, 2010
When it executes
Disable script /etc/install-recovery.sh
error: device not found
error: device not found

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
Version bootloader

I think the problem in version bootloader, which is installed on your tablet.
This problem can be solved in two ways:
Option 1. Change to another the firmware version, in which works command bootloader - "fastboot boot recovery.img"
Option 2. After running the installation script CWM recovery, when comes to message:
Booting recovery.img
turn off the tablet. And then perform the following steps:
1. Press and hold down the 'Volume -'. Power on the tablet. After starting the CWM recovery - releasing button 'Volume -'.
2. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Launch from this directory the Windows command prompt. And enter the following commands:
Code:
adb shell "mount -a && cd /system/etc && mv install-recovery.sh install-recovery.old"
adb reboot
Now CWM recovery will not be overwritten with the original recovery.

PS: Google Translate forever. :D

Reactions: laloutre and jpearn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT FROM THE ARCHANGEL: DO NOT USE THIS RECOVERY IT WILL BRICK YOUR TAB,btw i pulled the links

Attention!
    At the moment CWM recovery is not workable! Its use can lead to non-functionality of your tablet! For details see here.

How to:
    1. Boot your device.
    Code:
    flash-cwm.bat
    Recovery is installed.

Code:
    adb reboot recovery

PS: If you can not use this instruction, look here.
    Add your post, I installed it on my A701.
    In general, the theme of A700 dies. Alone: thanks and flat humor :rolleyes:
    I want to revert this back since I'm not sure how development will be since its becoming apparent that this will be one of the most overlooked tablets on the market.

I wouldn't exactly say "overlooked" as far as development. Remember, the 70x and the 51x share similar hardware. It's just that not as many people yet will shell out the extra $ for the high end version,

As with development, we will have a working CWM or Public Recovery in a couple weeks I hope. Also, I currently have an untested modified kernel that includes higher IO, init.d support and a couple other goodies. Just never got a chance to test it when CWM borked out.

Also, with a little help, I'll dive into trying to OC the kernel seeing we have source now.

The beginnings are always hard. Unfortunately, the TF Prime was released long before the a510, so their dev threads are full of stuff.

The only thing holding it back now, is a working recovery.

MD
    Those recovery was build manually from source or they was autogenerated from http://builder.clockworkmod.com/ ?re is

Edit : If it can help, here is the original recovery.fstab from stock recovery :

Code:
    # mount point   fstype          device

/recovery       emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/SOS
    /boot           emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/LNX
    /system         ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP
    /cache          ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/CAC
    /misc           emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/MSC
    /data           ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/UDA             length=-1048576
    /flex           ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/FLX
    /mnt/sdcard     vfat            /dev/block/mmcblk1p1
    Version bootloader

I think the problem in version bootloader, which is installed on your tablet.
    This problem can be solved in two ways:
    Option 1. Change to another the firmware version, in which works command bootloader - "fastboot boot recovery.img"
    Option 2. After running the installation script CWM recovery, when comes to message:
    Booting recovery.img
    turn off the tablet. And then perform the following steps:
    1. Press and hold down the 'Volume -'. Power on the tablet. After starting the CWM recovery - releasing button 'Volume -'.
    2. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Launch from this directory the Windows command prompt. And enter the following commands:
    Code:
    adb shell "mount -a && cd /system/etc && mv install-recovery.sh install-recovery.old"
    adb reboot
    Now CWM recovery will not be overwritten with the original recovery.

PS: Google Translate forever. :D