[JAN 12][ROM-ZIP] Raidroid HD Sense v1.2 - Desire HD Base [RMNET/PPP][Kernel: Custom]

Search This thread

qaliza

Dec 2, 2006
Alexandria
App2sd finally working with ext partition.

Happy:
-1508 Quadrant Score
-Fluid & smooth scrolling

Issues:
- no root access
- battery draining is not optimal for now, will test further (but you can tell by the developed heat)
- a2sd doesn't work for me
- WiFi was still working upon reboot but was showing zero signal, solved by restarting WiFi
- Green tint/incorrect gama on pictures, some effects not working
- No overcloking enabled in Kernel (but happy without it)

been running this for 12 hours and all seems great. only prob is a2sd don't seem to work and also not rooted. other than that great job. probably the best performance hd build i've tested and i've pretty much tested them all.

Ok Guys, after a lot of googling, youtubing and testing with my device i got the app2sd working with ext partition. And it is working GREAT.

Before we start I'd just like to say that Sentinel196 has a thread about this and that i'm just sharing my own experience.

I'm using windows 7 32BIT
All you need is the clockworkmod recovery.
I'm using a 4GB toshiba sd card

Before anything, BACK UP your SD card contents

Here is what I did:

1- Remove the sd card from the device and connect it to your pc.(I think it could work from the mass storage option in the clockworkmod recovery, but i did not try it.)
2- Format the sd card using normal window tools. (restore device defaults)
3- Copy the initrd.gz and ZImage (from the clockworkmod recovery folder) to the root of the sd card
4- Place the sd card in your device, boot it up and get into the clockworkmod recovery.
5- scroll down to advanced then partition sd card
6- Choose the ext size you want and then the swap size and then it will start the partition process. (I used ext 512 and swap 32)
7- Remove the sd card and connect it to your pc again
8- Repeat step #2 again Important The fat32 partition will only be formatted
9- Now the sd card is ready for app2sd with ext partition.
10- Copy back the initrd.gz and ZImage and the Randroid desire ZIP to the sd card.
11- Place the sd card into the device and re-install the ZIP Build again.important

Viola...... You now have a working app2sd with ext partition.

Notes:

- After first boot: In settings - sd & phone storage the internal storage will show 126MB
I installed a dozen applications just to test it.
angry birds
angry birds seasons
asphalt 5
fifa 10
skyforce
skyforce reloaded
z4root
Igo
N-drive
es file explore
file manager
firefox
dolphin hd
and a lot of apps all about 160MB
I Knew this cos when i connected my device in Disk drive mod to a Pc running Ubuntu two partitions showed up, fat32 and sd-ext.
The sd-ext partition had 2 folders app and app private.The app folder was about 160 MB having all my installed apps.

- I re-installed the ZIP Build again (just to make sure) and after it booted up all my apps where there and the internal storage also showed 126MB

- The partition created was ext2

- The ext partition created saves and stores the apk files while the 126 MB internal storage saves only their settings. so after a hard reset you will get the apps installed but not their settings.

This worked for me and I hope it does for you.
I'm now gonna try it with other builds supporting app2sd ext partition and see if it works

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: solid.snake

af974

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Sometimes it happens and i solved in this way:

Enterbootloader, connect Phone to PC and flash any WMobile rom.
Let it make the configuration then rebbot and enter again in BootLoader and make a Task 29.
Once Task29 end, enter in Bootloader, connect Phone to PC and Flash MAGLDR 1.1.
After that, flash CWM 1.1 250 mb partition layout, offcourse previously you need to copy the s files from CWM folder to SD card Root..

If you are using an EXT partition to your SD card, i suggest to use the CWM internal partitioner, i did fail while partitioning with Windows software,lol
This doesn't seem to work - I flashed the 250mb Clockwork Recovery, copied this rom to the SD Card, then tried to Install From Zip. Phone now hangs on Blue robot with HTC splash screen...

af974

Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
I fixed the Green Camera problem by replacing 3 files, anyone knows how to root a build before flashing it?

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
I fixed the Green Camera problem by replacing 3 files, anyone knows how to root a build before flashing it?

good work, wish i know how to help you, its sad devs are not supporting their DHD builds

white-energy had the same root problem in his feather rom and he fixed it, i think you can ask him, he usually answers back (for a change)http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=903002

once root is sorted, can you post your version?

by the way i think since this rom is flashable through CWM, we can then flash darktremor a2sd script (better for sense) and manually move the dalvik to SD

Last edited:

matt-86

Jul 11, 2009
Tenerife
hi, i've tried all the procedures to change the bootanimation but no one is working...... i don't really understand why...................

sydneybelinda

Jun 28, 2010
To gain root access I downloaded su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip, copied it to my SD card, rebooted to Recovery, then flashed the Zip File with clockwork recovery...

Root seems to work - although I'm not getting any superuser prompts...

af974

Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Camera fix attached.

Flash it from Recovery or replace those files to original update.zip.

For me it worked ( now i temporary change build ).

For root problem:

If you know how to use Linux, you should do these commands:

"chown root:root system/xbin/su"
"chmod 4755 system/xbin/su"

Credits and thanks to White-Energy for the tip, i didnt try them yet though, i'm not a Linux expert :D

Attachments

• Camera_fix.zip
    63.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Reactions: pinobigbird

mayoni

Jul 21, 2007
Toronto
This is great, other than the super user not working and the green glow when taking pictures with flash, the battery life is just amazing. 6 hours of use and only 20% gone.

hg3atintin

Jan 30, 2010
Camera fix attached.

For root problem:

Credits and thanks to White-Energy for the tip, i didnt try them yet though, i'm not a Linux expert :D

I tried to update camera with flash zip in recovery but it says installation aborted :( Why?

pinobigbird

Nov 13, 2007
Netherlands
Camera fix attached.

[...]

I copied/replaced the files included in your zip using Root Explorer and the green smudge is gone now. Thanks for that! ***EDIT*** With flash the green is still present.
The Force Close after pressing "upload" on a camera preview is still there.

Last edited:

qaliza

Dec 2, 2006
Alexandria
Camera fix attached.

For root problem:

I applied the camera fix by replacing the files in the original Update.zip but still the green colour with flash is present.

This is the best desire HD build i have seen so far, and this is the only issue i'm having so please try to provide a proper fix.

Thank you.

Last edited:

89luca89

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 18, 2010
Terracina (LT)
TO FIX GREEN CAMERA:

Go in build.prop and change from

Code:
ro.product.name=htc_leo
ro.product.device=leo
ro.product.board=leo

to...

Code:
ro.product.name=htc_bravo
ro.product.device=bravo
ro.product.board=bravo

reboot and it's fixed :D

Reactions: pinobigbird

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom is based on the latest 1.72.405.3 WWE ROM for the Desire HD

THIS ROM IS ONLY FLASHABLE USING CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY FOR HD2 FOUND HERE

How to flash;
    1: Boot into Clockwork Recovery
    2: Select install zip from sdcard
    3: Select choose zip from sdcard
    3: Select ROM file and then confirm
    4: Wait for All Done! message
    5: A wipe is recommended but not always required, if you experience force closes or things not working, try wiping before posting problems.

Changelog;
    -v1.2b- Latest
    **REQUIRES V1.2 TO BE FLASHED FIRST**
    -Incremental patch
    -Fixes in-call volume
    -GPS Fix
    -A2SD+ Permissions Fix
    -Updated build.prop to show version number

-v1.2-
    -Fixed Camcorder
    -Fixed Teeter Freezing
    -Possibly fixed TMOUS MMS (Please test)
    -Replaced A2SD with my own slim script for A2SD+
    -Flash Player fixed
    -Cleaned up system
    -Fixed WiFi MAC address
    -Forgot what else...

-v1.1-
    -Fixed Green tint on photos
    -New kernel with EXT4, G-Sensor/TS Fix and smartass governor
    -FC Fixed in share after taking photo
    -Optimized APKs to reduce size
    -Fixed SU not working

-v1.0- Initial Release
    -Requires 250M Partition in clockwork
    -Own kernel based on linux_on_wince_htc git kerel with added yaffs2 supprt
    -RMNet by default, create ppp folder in system to enable PPP data
    -SU Fully working
    -Squashed app + framework folders
    -Removed Apps: Facebook, Twitter, Maps, HTC Locations + Widget, Flash Player

Downloads;

Old Releases;

Credits to;
    Cotulla + DFT - For all the great work thats gone into NAND on the HD2
    Gauner1986 - For the help fixing the kernel
    CyanogenMod Team - For the great recovery that allows flashing custom roms
    Anyone else who has contributed to android on the HD2
    working on update now, fixed teeter FC and fixed camera, still working on the flash closing the browser
    Because I like this ROM so much, and I am still using the 1.0, I do not know if this is fixed in 1.1, but in the event its not, download the attached file at the bottom, and copy it to your SD card and do the following:

Disable WIFI (settings/System/Wireless & networks untick wifi. System must be rooted, use any root explorer, and navigate to your SD card location where you put the file you downloaded, and select to copy it, then navigate to system/etc/lib. and rename the file with adding .old at the end, and paste this file into this location. Then MOVE the file you just added ".old" to your sdcard as a backup, exit out of your explorer and reboot.

And when you are back in the phone, turn wifi on, go to settings about phone then hardware information, and you now have your actual wifi mac address and not the generic :)

If this was fixed then FML but I tried :)

Will be posting this in the Q&A forum as well, but wanted to share this with RaiderX since I am more then hooked on this rom at the moment.

And there is a bug I found igf its not known, apparently it seems that connecting the usb to the computer at times (havent found how if there is a pattern) will not bring up the menu to choose the type of connection, charge,sync,drive etc, I had to reboot the phone for it to be recognized for the menu to appear. If I can find the sequence if there is one, will let you know.

The attached file is not zipped, after downloading just rename and remove the .zip at the end, forum will not allow uploading of unknown extension
    same problem here..any fixes

2 fixes.

Either calibrate with screen down.

Or use this link. And replace file. Both works.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=902129&highlight=sensor
    this patch will fix su http://files.virtuousrom.com/~rmk/rmk-superuser-v1.0.0.zip just flash it with clockwork manager
    original thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=886999

actually you don't need most of this patch, what was wrong in raidroid file was that su had a duplicate in the bin folder plus wrong permissions for the app folder

im uploading a full CW zip file with both su and camera fixed