[Nook HD/HD+] EMMC CM11 install - updated 11/29

1,305 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,652

By verygreen, Senior Member on 7th January 2014, 01:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th January 2014, 09:56 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Verygreen, your new release is so stable that it may be time to buy my folks another HD+. I thought about an iPad but the air starts at 500 which is absolutely ridiculous for what u get (or lack thereof). While I agree an iPad just works, I'm not dropping that kind of cash on it when tablets like this have the latest kitkat very stable along with so many other great features. So yes thank u for ur work on this VG and saving us all lots of $.

EDIT: Just noticed the SD card problem too, minus that though, everything is solid.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

9th January 2014, 10:19 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolitans

Thank you verygreen for a very smooth Kit Kat ROM for our Nooks. I am running your build of January 9 on my HD, and everything seems to be running very well with one exception -- it cannot write to the external sd card. There is no problem reading files on the external card, or even copying them to internal. I just can't delete anything on the external card from within the HD, and many apps trying to write to it throw up an error.

I have the same problem.
I found in terminal that all files in /storage/sdcard0 own to group sdcard_rw but all files in /storage/sdcard1 own to group sdcard_r

Envoyé de mon BN NookHD+ en utilisant Tapatalk
9th January 2014, 10:51 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verygreen

Yes, this has TRIM-enabled kernel, though I have not decided if I should do it for the official releases.
Have there been any more bricks with the trim-fixed kernels in the past couple of months?

I'm following the trim problem from some months and I have no bricks to report.

The patched kernel seems good.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk
9th January 2014, 10:52 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by victle

Thanks, verygreen. Can you please upload a new version for sdcard install too?

@verygreen, I second that! And also plz add some instructions for installing to sdcard. I plan to start with a fresh sdcard.

Welcome back. I've been a bit fuzzy headed with the flu lately and missed your return.

Sent from HD+ MAG2GA CM 10.2 from SD
9th January 2014, 11:10 PM |#105  
Flag Olympia Washington
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:

Thank you verygreen for a very smooth Kit Kat ROM for our Nooks. I am running your build of January 9 on my HD, and everything seems to be running very well with one exception -- it cannot write to the external sd card. There is no problem reading files on the external card, or even copying them to internal. I just can't delete anything on the external card from within the HD, and many apps trying to write to it throw up an error.

Someone mentioned wi-fi not re-establishing itself after being killed when the screen goes off, but my nook has no problems with this. It comes back on by itself as reliably as it did on stock. It is automated by Llama. Maybe it was fixed in the latest build? I just tested it today.

I have the exact same issue on my HD+. Very annoying. I can get a logcat if needed but I have no idea what events to attempt to trigger the error. Also if I try to format the SD card within the tablet it reboots the device. :-\

Sent from my Android powered coffee coaster.
9th January 2014, 11:57 PM |#106  
OP Senior Member
TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebra

I have the same problem.
I found in terminal that all files in /storage/sdcard0 own to group sdcard_rw but all files in /storage/sdcard1 own to group sdcard_r

Yup, confirmed.
An update later today will address this.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to verygreen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift verygreen Ad-Free
10th January 2014, 01:29 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks for all your hard work to keep our Nooks on the latest software versions verygreen.

One request when you get the chance. I use Cisco Anyconnect to get behind my companies firewall. It has never worked on any version of CM on my HD+ always throwing a "VPN server could not parse request" error when trying to connect. However, on succulents CM11 build it works flawlessly. Wondering of there is an easy way to find what is different and apply those changes to your build. The main difference I see between the 2 builds is that you are on kernel 3.0.31 while succulent uses 3.0.101.

Any logs or anything I could provide I'd be happy to do.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
10th January 2014, 02:01 AM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:

Someone mentioned wi-fi not re-establishing itself after being killed when the screen goes off, but my nook has no problems with this. It comes back on by itself as reliably as it did on stock. It is automated by Llama. Maybe it was fixed in the latest build? I just tested it today.

I delete files from SD card using default file manager with root access

Sent from my 1080P-N003 using xda app-developers app
10th January 2014, 02:01 AM |#109  
OP Senior Member
TN

Donate to Me
More
New binary update:
The only change on my end is fixed inability to write to sdcards.
Do not attempt to reformat sdcard from android, as that seems to be broken and crashes volume manager leaving sdcard in bad state in process.

* cm-11-20140110-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
* cm-11-20140110-UNOFFICIAL-hummingbird-emmc.zip
* cm-11-20140110-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-sdcard.zip
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to verygreen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift verygreen Ad-Free
10th January 2014, 02:12 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkeller62

Thanks for all your hard work to keep our Nooks on the latest software versions verygreen.

One request when you get the chance. I use Cisco Anyconnect to get behind my companies firewall. It has never worked on any version of CM on my HD+ always throwing a "VPN server could not parse request" error when trying to connect. However, on succulents CM11 build it works flawlessly. Wondering of there is an easy way to find what is different and apply those changes to your build. The main difference I see between the 2 builds is that you are on kernel 3.0.31 while succulent uses 3.0.101.

Any logs or anything I could provide I'd be happy to do.

I use the rooted version of AnyConnect without a problem on 10.2.

Cheers,
Rich

10th January 2014, 03:01 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rholm

I use the rooted version of AnyConnect without a problem on 10.2.

Cheers,
Rich

Tried the rooted version on both 10.1 and 10.2 without success. Maybe be some difference in the back end server we are connecting too?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)