WM6 English 5.2.1616.18120 Standard v3.7 (FINAL!)

Search This thread

vjgrace

Jul 7, 2007
WM6 English 5.2.1616.18120 Standard v3.7 (FINAL!) 01/11/08

Hello all,

VERSION 1 was my first ENGLISH ROM cook and it seemed to be pretty stable, based on Nitrogenious v5 Greek edition (Nitrogenious--THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HARD WORK!!).

****NOTE**** BEFORE FLASHING ANY OF THE BELOW VERSIONS, IT IS RECOMMENDED TO PERFORM A "format BINFS" TO ELIMINATE ANY PRE-EXISTING ROM FILES AND AVOID ANY UNUSUAL BEHAVIOR/CONFLICTS (FOR FURTHER RATIONALE GO TO PAGE 53 AND POST #529 here), FOLLOW KARHOE'S GREAT GUIDE:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=1453008#post1453008

****VERSION 3.7 INCLUDES ALL OF THE FIXES UP TO DATE...ADDITIONALLY THERE ARE 7 SHORTCUTS IN THE ACCESSORIES FOLDER (BLUETOOTH TOGGLE, BLUETOOTH DISCOVERY, PHONE TOGGLE, REBOOT, POWER OFF, WIRELESS MANAGER AND MUTE) USING THE SYSTEM'S OWN ICONS. VERSION 3.7 IS IDENTICAL TO v3.5 EXCEPT THE RE-ORGANIZATION OF THE SETTINGS/CONTROL PANEL AND THESE 7 SHORTCUTS ADDED IN THE ACCESSORIES FOLDER. THIS IS MY FINAL VERSION (HOPEFULLY :D ) UNLESS THERE ARE NOTICEABLE ERRORS!!!

THIS VERSION IS VIRTUALLY A PREVIEW OF NITROGENIOUS'S UPCOMING ROM RELEASE , HOWEVER THIS IS A BASIC/LITE VERSION). NITROGENIOUS'S ROM WILL HAVE MORE ADDED FEATURES, SOFTWARE, TWEAKS, AND ANIMATION!!!

**I have tried to MAXIMIZE STORAGE SPACE--adding a couple beneficial apps and taking out some other apps to improve storage.

Details:
*WM6 Standard 5.2.1616.18120.0.4.0
*8MB Pool
*Fully application unlocked
*MMS client
*HTC Camera 4.00.23355
*IE can download *.rar, *.exe, *.doc, *.pdf, *.3gp
*Windows Media Player playback support of 3gp, mp4, aac
*Automatic date/time adjustment (needs latest GSM update)
*Voice Speed Dial

Included Applications:
-Cyberon Voice Speed Dial 1.7.16
-HTC File Manager 1.41
-HTC File Explorer
-Right Menu v1.97
-CeleTask 2.2.2433.4986
-Commanager 1.6
-HTC SIM Manager 6.31
-OMAPClock 0.21
-Oxios Memory 1.40
-Oxios Alarms 1.31
-WM5torage 1.8
-Orneta Calculator 1.02
-Vijay's VJOkButt
-Vijay's VJKeypress
-ViJay's VJVolubilis
***The 3 files above were added in to allow more choices for the hardware keys... thanks to Vijay for these 3 great little programs!!

THANKS TO NITROGENIOUS'S AND EA'S ROM BASE FOR MOST OF THESE TWEAKS!!
THE SETTINGS/CONTROL PANEL HAS BEEN RE-ORGANIZED TO MIRROR THE ORIGINAL DOPOD WWE WM6 VERSION TO TRY TO MAINTAIN ORIGINAL STYLE...ALLOWS FOR LESS CONFUSION AND BETTER ORGANIZATION.

THE TWEAKS ARE ALL THE SAME IN v3.7, JUST RE-ORGANIZED WITH THE MAIN TWEAKS UNDER THE HEADING "UI TWEAKS" IN THE SETTINGS/CONTROL PANEL.

---HOMESCREEN (heading/title)
------DateTimePlugin
------Custom Theme Color (BaseHue)
------Custom CProgback image
------Image Path
---CLOCK & ALARM (heading/title)
-----ALARM
------Looping alarm
-----CLOCK ON TOP
---GPRS OPTIONS (heading/title)
------Keypress End Call close GPRS
------GPRS Auto Connect/Disconnnect
---ACCESSIBILITY (heading/title)
------SMS Edit font size (DEFAULT SIZE: 12)
------SMS sent message
------Vertical/Horizontal Scrollbar adjustments
---UI TWEAKS
------BATTERY BAR
------HARDWARE KEYS Thanks to NitroGenious for this Great Tweak!!!
***REFER TO BOTTOM OF POST FOR A LISTING OF ALL THE HARDWARE KEY OPTIONS***
------STARTUP/SHUTDOWN ANIMATION
------INTERNET EXPLORER
------VOICE TAG
------START MENU
------FONT CACHE
------SMS DELIVERY RECEIPT FIX
------COMMMANAGER SET

---SMS Reading Default Font Size 11
---Default Display timeout 25 seconds and backlight 10 seconds to save battery power (can be re-adjusted in the Settings/Control Panel)
---THESE TWEAKS ARE IN ADDITION TO WHATEVER TWEAKS THAT WERE ALREADY PROVIDED IN THE PREVIOUS/INITIAL VERSIONS

ON INITIAL COLD BOOT WITH STORAGE READINGS:
(PLEASE READ REGARDING STORAGE READINGS--> I used Celetask for reading storage stats and performed the procedure without the SIM card and without the Storage card...ADDITIONALLY IT IS THE INITIAL COLD BOOT AFTER SETUP BOOT-->No programs should be opened or previously opened other than Celetask (as empty cache as possible!!)...REFER TO POSTS #25 AND #39 for technique if you are not getting similar readings, thanks)
Available Memory:
48.69 Mb Total
31.28 Mb Free (v3.7)....31.30 Mb Free (v3.5)

Available Storage:
21.94 Mb Total
19.97 Mb Free (v3.7)....19.98 Mb Free (v3.5)

***IF YOU LIKE THE BELOW HTC LOGO SPLASHSCREEN, JUST RUN THE PROVIDED FILE (HTC Splash Screen RUU) in ZIP format, just extract and run the RUU.

REMEMBER TO SUPERCID YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING!!!

***THIS IS ONLY THE OS...NO IPL, SPL, GSM, OR SPLASHSCREEN!!***

(v3.7) HERE IS RAPIDSHARE LINK TO v3.7 (NOTE--FOR v3.4, v3.5 and v3.7 YOU WILL NOT NEED THE sp5 or sp5m BUTTON FIX, THANKS TO NITROGENIOUS'S GREAT HARDWARE KEY TWEAK!!)...This is my FINAL version, unless there are noticeable errors:

http://rapidshare.com/files/83065285/Build_5.2.1616.18120_____v3.7.zip.html

(v3.5) HERE IS RAPIDSHARE LINK TO v3.5:

http://rapidshare.com/files/80024980/Build_5.2.1616.18120____v3.5.zip.html

***FOR VERSIONS 3.4 AND BELOW RUN THE BELOW VoIPfix.cab FILE AND SOFT-RESET***
(v3.4) HERE IS THE RAPIDSHARE LINK TO v3.4:

http://rapidshare.com/files/76322885/Build_5.2.1616.18120______v3.4.zip.html

(v3.3) HERE IS RAPIDSHARE LINK TO v3.3:

http://rapidshare.com/files/72908221/Build_5.2.116.18120___v3.3.zip.html

(v3.2) HERE IS RAPIDSHARE LINK TO v3.2 (Refer to posts #220 and #222 regarding wmplayer full screen issue) If you plan on using this version simply unzip below WMPlayer FullScreen fix zip file and place the file in the windows directory:

http://rapidshare.com/files/71213400/Build_5.2.1616.18120____v3.2.zip.html

ENJOY!!!! I WON'T be checking back regularly for questions, so I am sorry if I don't answer questions. If I get a chance I will try to respond!!

****I HAVE INCLUDED A BUNDLED APPLICATIONS ZIP FILE BELOW WHICH CONTAINS MOST OF THE APPLICATIONS REMOVED FROM NITROGENIOUS'S ROM BASE...MOST OF THESE ARE .EXE FILES (EXCEPT FOR VOIPISER WHICH IS IN CAB FORMAT). UNZIP AND ENJOY, JUST CREATE A SHORTCUT WITH THE INCLUDED FILE MANAGER TO WHEREVER YOU PLACE THE .EXE (YOU WON'T HAVE TO CREATE A SHORTCUT FOR VOIPISER, HTC FILE EXPLORER, OR MORTSCRIPT VIBRATE TOGGLE)****

Here are the 78 Hardware Key Options (for the above listed Hardware Key tweak):
1. None
2. Action Button
3. Active Sync
4. Asterisk Button
5. Audio Gateway Audio Chan. Off
6. Audio Gateway Audio Chan. On
7. Audio Gateway Control Chan. Off
8. Audio Gateway Control Chan. On
9. Back or Escape Button
10. Backspace
11. Bluetooth Discovery Mode
12. Bluetooth Toggle
13. Bubble Breaker
14. Calculator
15. Calendar
16. Call History
17. Camera
18. Close or Exit Button (OKClose Button Program in Accessories Folder)
19. CommManager
20. Contacts
21. Down Arrow
22. Edit Registry
23. End Call (Red) Button
24. End Position of Line or Page
25. File Explorer
26. File Manager
27. GPRS or Data Connect
28. Home Position of Line or Page
29. Infrared (IR) Obex On
30. Infrared (IR) Obex Off
31. Internet Explorer
32. Internet Sharing
33. Left Arrow
34. Left Menu Soft Key
35. Messaging
36. Mute
37. New SMS
38. Number or Pound Button
39. Omap Clock
40. Oxios Alarms
41. Oxios Close Apps
42. Oxios Hibernate
43. Paste Text Function
44. Phone or Radio Toggle
45. Phone or Talk (Green) Button
46. Pictures and Videos
47. Power Off (Splash Screen)
48. Power Off (No Splash Screen)
49. Profiles
50. Quick List
51. Reboot
52. Record Button (Long Volume Up)
53. Right Arrow
54. Right Menu
55. Right Menu Soft Key
56. Settings
57. SIM Manager
58. Solitaire
59. Spacebar
60. Speed Dial
61. Start Menu
62. Tab Function
63. Task Manager
64. Tasks
65. Today Screen (Home Key)
66. Up Arrow
67. Video Recorder
68. Voicemail
69. Voice Notes
70. Voice Tag
71. Volume Down
72. Volume Up
73. WiFi Off
74. WiFi On
75. Windows Media Player
76. Wireless Manager
77. WLANUtility
78. WM5torage

Attachments

• VOIPfix.cab
    1,020 bytes · Views: 597
Last edited:

vjgrace

Jul 7, 2007
Thanks ericjm!!

@admin22,
No GSM means no radio, you are just able to pick the radio you want. This is just the OS. If you already have radio on your system, you should still be able to make calls if you were able to before. If you want the latest radio version just search for the radio version 4.1.13.28_02.61.01 and you will find one. I will try to upload one to Rapidshare for you.

Here is Rapidshare link for this radio:

http://rapidshare.com/files/68584762/GSM_Radio_4.1.13.28_02.61.zip.html

Thanks

Last edited:

NiTroGenious

Feb 16, 2007
Ioannina
www.nitrogen.gr
WOW!!! Nice work, vjgrace. You really did it! Almost 20MB free internal storage; a new record!!!

Welcome to the ROM cooking game, pal! :)

Btw, "Phonebook Speed Dial key mappings changed to match t9" refers to the Greek character key mapping (in original Greek ROM the character key mapping in Speed Dial was different than the one in SMS editing!!!), so you don't need to describe it as a feature. :D Because of that "feature", there is no Cyrillic character support in Speed Dial, unless you install the package I provide here. :)

@admin(!!!)22:
You can also upgrade the GSM together with the bootloader, using the SPL link in my signature. ;)

Last edited:

NiTroGenious

Feb 16, 2007
Ioannina
www.nitrogen.gr
As I have already said, there is no good, better or best ROM. There is only the one that satisfies you and your needs. EA's has many new settings, but lacks of application quantity. This one has many useful applications and more free space. It's your call...

My english ROM was just a very rush release to satisfy all you non-greek Tornado owners. EA's ROM was a great update. But this ROM is just what I really wanted to release! ;)

Keep up the good work, vjgrace! If you need any help/advice for future releases, don't hesitate to ask. :)

EDIT: I've just noticed that the available memory/storage values are written vice versa. :p

Last edited:

vjgrace

Jul 7, 2007
Created final version

Hello all,

Refer to post #1, I have v2 still listed in post #1 if you still want it, but I have finished a final version, which is listed in post #1. I have deleted the link and text to the version in this post to decrease confusion, thanks!!!

Last edited:

NiTroGenious

Feb 16, 2007
Ioannina
www.nitrogen.gr
Well, OK, but... What's the point of loosing all these apps and games for a 0.01kb gain? I don't think you should release a new version, unless you replace all those kBytes with something more usefull. ;)

Exitao

Aug 28, 2007
Vancouver
As I have already said, there is no good, better or best ROM. There is only the one that satisfies you and your needs. EA's has many new settings, but lacks of application quantity. This one has many useful applications and more free space. It's your call...

My english ROM was just a very rush release to satisfy all you non-greek Tornado owners. EA's ROM was a great update. But this ROM is just what I really wanted to release! ;)

Keep up the good work, vjgrace! If you need any help/advice for future releases, don't hesitate to ask. :)

EDIT: I've just noticed that the available memory/storage values are written vice versa. :p

I quite liked your ROM. EA's worked better for me (after tweaking the audiogain), probably because of the fewer applications.

I'm not entirely sure which of your included apps was causing me the trouble, but if I could have resolved that, I'd likely not have bothered trying yet another.

I guess that for me, less is more. :eek:

vjgrace

Jul 7, 2007
@Nitrogenious,
Thanks for your comments, you are correct...definitely not much gain on the storage side of it, but a little on the memory side (0.34mb) not much though. I really just wanted to give the option of more control/options for the base with the ability to still use the apps on the storage card.

@Exitao,
I too am under the train of thought that less is more...that is without effecting storage amount.
If you have the audiogain tweak maybe I could implement in the registry...Just let me know.

Thanks again for your comments, they are appreciated!!

NiTroGenious

Feb 16, 2007
Ioannina
www.nitrogen.gr
Thanks for your comments, you are correct...definitely not much gain on the storage side of it, but a little on the memory side (0.34mb) not much though. I really just wanted to give the option of more control/options for the base with the ability to still use the apps on the storage card.
Since you have not removed any applications from the StartUp directory, you have no memory gain or loss. What you should always consider an error of +-1MB maximum. Why? Because of the cache. If you browse more the Start Menu before checking the available memory you'll see less of it. If you open the Home Screen settings before the System Setting, free memory is again reduced. So, an error of +-1MB should always be considered!

And also do not forget the ...Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle for Windows Mobile; the memory report utility consumes an amount of memory. :p

In other words, you have no gain in available memory by removing a non-startup application, even it seems so. ;)

Exitao

Aug 28, 2007
Vancouver
@Exitao,
I too am under the train of thought that less is more...that is without effecting storage amount.
If you have the audiogain tweak maybe I could implement in the registry...Just let me know.

Thanks again for your comments, they are appreciated!!

I don't know why but the speaker phone was really quiet. I tried some tweaks I found in the forums, but apparently audiogain tweaks don't always work well across different smartphones.

The one I settled on came from this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=1374443&postcount=108

However, in my mucking about I may have altered others before using the ones he mentions above. So below are my current settings (excluding the handsfree/car stuff I've never used, let alone tweaked):

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\audiogain1]
"CODEC_GAIN_EMBEDDED"=hex:\
      A0
"SPEAKER_UPLINK_VOLUME"=hex:\
"EAC_GAIN_EMBEDDED"=hex:\
"RECEIVE_UPLINK_VOLUME"=hex:\
"EARPHONE_UPLINK_VOLUME"=hex:\

Maybe you could tell me what your settings are so I can see what I've changed...?

vjgrace

Jul 7, 2007
Hello Exitao,

Thanks for the PM regarding that link to this ROM, boy that is frustrating, I just sent you a PM. Thanks again.

Well, here is the registry for this ROM...I haven't noticed a decrease in speakerphone volume but I will definitely listen to see if my phone is affected. If so, I will implement your provided tweak in an updated version to make sure this ROM has the optimal tweaks.

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\AUDIOGAIN]
"DeviceID"="Generic_20050926"
"AUDIO_DEBUG_FLAG"=dword:0
"EXTERNAL_RECORDING_GAIN"=hex:06
"INTERNAL_RECORDING_GAIN"=hex:17
"CODEC_GAIN_CARKIT"=hex:00
"CODEC_GAIN_HEADSET"=hex:05
"CODEC_GAIN_EMBEDDED"=hex:00
"EAC_GAIN_CARKIT"=hex:67
"EAC_GAIN_HEADSET"=hex:67
"EAC_GAIN_EMBEDDED"=hex:70
"EARPHONE_UPLINK_VOLUME"=hex:19
"HEADSET_UPLINK_VOLUME"=hex:14
"SPEAKER_UPLINK_VOLUME"=hex:10
"RECEIVE_UPLINK_VOLUME"=hex:19
"CARGEARPHONESIDETONEVOLUME"=hex:08,08,08,08,08,08
"CARGHANDFREESIDETONEVOLUME"=hex:08,08,08,08,08,08
"CARGHEADSETSIDETONEVOLUME"=hex:08,08,08,08,08,08
"CARGCARKITSIDETONEVOLUME"=hex:08,08,08,08,08,08
"CARGRECEIVESIDETONEVOLUME"=hex:02,06,0C,0C,0D,0D
"CARGHANDFREEVOLUME"=hex:61,64,21,24,27,2A
"CARGHEADSETVOLUME"=hex:60,63,66,23,26,29
"CARGCARKITVOLUME"=hex:61,64,21,24,27,2A
"CARGRECEIVEVOLUME"=hex:60,63,20,23,26,29

@Nitrogenious, THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS...GREAT INFORMATION!!!

Thanks again,
vjgrace

P.S. to Exitao...This block of code I just provided proves that the individual who is taking credit for this ROM build on that link is a fraud because the only way to get this specific block of code (from this build and this version) is to dump the rom and build the rgu files. What a shame.:(

Last edited:

vjgrace

Jul 7, 2007
Hello illi,

Thanks for the inquiry...I was actually about to ask Nitrogenious how to manipulate the registry to add those tweaks. Thanks to Nitrogenious this does have some extra settings tweaks (display timeout adjustment, IE tweaks, Voice tag location tweaks, and more), I am not sure how many more EA's version has (I haven't dumped and located), but hopefully I will be able to find out those values and implement them in this version.

Thanks again for the questions.

Hello illi,

Thanks for the inquiry...I was actually about to ask Nitrogenious how to manipulate the registry to add those tweaks. Thanks to Nitrogenious this does have some extra settings tweaks (display timeout adjustment, IE tweaks, Voice tag location tweaks, and more), I am not sure how many more EA's version has (I haven't dumped and located), but hopefully I will be able to find out those values and implement them in this version.

Thanks again for the questions.

Hi vjgrace,
Thanks for the quick reply. I hope your next release will compliment at least EA's if not more on the UI tweaks. I especially am interested to have the IE and Inbox folders in Storage Card; (its a pain to manually tweak the registry every time I flash different ROM). I have also tweaked the \Volatile folder to point to Storage Card. It saves as well and at least maintain the speed/responses when running applications.

Thank you.

vjgrace

Jul 7, 2007
Hello illi,

Looks like we are online at the same time, that's pretty wild :cool: (I usually don't answer questions quickly). Anyway, I asked Nitrogenious about the tweak values and hoping to get a response. Once I know where to look to manipulate those values I can dump EA's ROM, find his values and hopefully implement them in this version. Always easier to manipulate registry in Settings rather than registry edit, if you know what I mean.

Thanks again

admin22

Nov 1, 2007
Thanks ericjm!!

@admin22,
No GSM means no radio, you are just able to pick the radio you want. This is just the OS. If you already have radio on your system, you should still be able to make calls if you were able to before. If you want the latest radio version just search for the radio version 4.1.13.28_02.61.01 and you will find one. I will try to upload one to Rapidshare for you.

Here is Rapidshare link for this radio:

http://rapidshare.com/files/68584762/GSM_Radio_4.1.13.28_02.61.zip.html

Thanks

hey thanks. i am from singapore, and singapore have a static IP, not sure if i can dl from rapidshare. but i will report back here is i cant downloadit .thanks a lot!!!!

Shiryu

Oct 3, 2007
Kraków
Thanks for great rom, vjgrace :)

I have one question: how can I bind Long_VolDown shortcut with MultiFlashLight? I've created a shortcut and it works, but MFL starts at the same time, as Cyberion VoiceCommand... :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,
    I am not able to supercid my phone! =(
    I've been searching on the site on google, everywhere but I can't make it work.

I think that the problem is that spv-developers.com is down, and the program tryes to connect there.

Any solution / idea to supercid my SP5?

Thanks in advance,
    Mariano.