[Script][Tool] how to create a tar.md5 file from img For Odin

Search This thread

masterross

Apr 13, 2005
Hi mate,

Thx for the script.
I use it to make tar with 2 modems inside (modem+NON-HLOS).
If anyone need it here is the bat.

you need to put it in tar-Tool_Odin3-v3.07_by_mkh.mourad folder along with modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin
The script will create CP_modem.tar.md5 file and you can flash it with odin.
Warning: Do not include any other bin in the folder except modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin
I'm not responsible if you kill your phone!

Attachments

• modem+NON-HLOS.zip
    458 bytes · Views: 678

Megado

Sep 16, 2013
Hi mate,

Thx for the script.

you need to put it in tar-Tool_Odin3-v3.07_by_mkh.mourad folder along with modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin
Warning: Do not include any other bin in the folder except modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin

Good job! Works great! Thanks!

RazerMamba

Jan 3, 2015
Great work

for how want to use Odin to flash the ClockWorkMod Recovery img or any image files like "boot.img", this is a tool to create a tar.md5 file from the img file.
unzip the file tool, and put your img files into the same directory of the batch file.
if you have more than one file put each file in a separate folder.
launch the "ImgToTar.MD5.bat" to create files with the extension of tar.md5 for each img file.
Note: the script rename the each file starting by "recovery*.img" to "recovery.img" , and files named "boot*.img" or "kernel*.img" image to "boot.img". if your file has another name , don't forgot to rename a recovery image to recovery.img, and the boot image to boot.img.

hope that help some body how search a batch file to create tar.md5 file for using it in Odin.

Works like a charm :cool: :cool:

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
Hi mate,

Thx for the script.

I have tried it and it looks like it's working.
About the real usage, I'd like to make a kernel tar.md5 file for trying to root my S5 Prime.
Do I have only to extract the boot.img file from inside the tar.md5, place it in the folder and run the batch file?

azoga

Jan 31, 2015
almarj
for how want to use Odin to flash the ClockWorkMod Recovery img or any image files like "boot.img", this is a tool to create a tar.md5 file from the img file.
unzip the file tool, and put your img files into the same directory of the batch file.
launch the "ImgToTar.MD5.bat" to create files with the extension of tar.md5 for each img file.
Note: the script rename the each file starting by "recovery*.img" to "recovery.img" , and files named "boot*.img" or "kernel*.img" image to "boot.img". if your file has another name , don't forgot to rename a recovery image to recovery.img, and the boot image to boot.img.

hope that help some body how search a batch file to create tar.md5 file for using it in Odin.
I need csc from i9192
I have tow files
cache.img & hidden.img

how do that ??

auzang

May 27, 2015
Now I use my SM-g900fd but Odin mode Product name changed from SM-g900fd to SM-g900md I want to change back to the SM-g900fd how do you fix it.

ALAN89

Jul 29, 2015
I find out that Odin is perfectly able to flash a TAR file, even without md5 hash check.
So I've used the Official TAR for Windows [/B][/URL]and that's it. By the way, 7z tar are not compatible.
Hi Im struggling doing TAR file:confused:, I'm noob ... lol so is there any instruction to do step by step from ur giving method? really appreciated if u can help me, thanks.

biobio76

Feb 19, 2013
Hi Chris,

did you find an answer to your question?

anybody knows how to completely create a backup tar file to be flashed in case of need via ODIN?

I am glad I ran accross this thread. It appears to be just what I've been looking for. I am still new to installing custom ROMs.

On occasion I need to restore my VZW SGS3 to "out of the box" condition. I found this wonderful tar.md5 (COMBINATION_I535VRBLK3_I535VZWBLK3_381038_REV09_user_low_ship.tar.md5) and in one step I am able to completely restore my device in ODIN using just this one file.

I'd like to create a file just like from my custom ROM. I'd really like to know the steps involved. Can anyone help with this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

******************** new version of the script:
    in this new version you can combine multiple files ,img and bin files, all of them into one file tar.md5 bundle.
    a "AllFiles" directory is created including this result pack file ready to use in new Odin version v3.10.7.
    Yes odin accept tar file. The md5 sum is a check for the integrity of data on the file. It's more safe to use a tar.md5 instead of tar file.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk 4
    the tool of op only pack .bin and .img files. i edit a bit to can pack every file types in .tar file. enjoy:)
    Hi mate,

Thx for the script.

Solved!

I find out that Odin is perfectly able to flash a TAR file, even without md5 hash check.
    So I've used the Official TAR for Windows and that's it. By the way, 7z tar are not compatible.