Frequently Asked Questions - LG Optimus G (AT&T)

Search This thread

DeathmonkeyGTX

Oct 15, 2007
Little Rock, AR
Hi guys ! I have a problem with noozxoide and google play music, the equalizer worked only one time but non it doesn't. I also tried DSP manager , same result. Any solutions ?

Envoyé depuis mon LG-E970 en utilisant Tapatalk 4 Beta

You can't throw multiple sound editor apps at one system and expect it to work well. If you want to use noozoxide then you must freeze dsp manager in titanium backup or a similar app. That being said, I can't get noozoxide to not fc on the last few 4.3 roms I've tried out.

Sent from my Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Unrealrogue

Mar 1, 2013
IMEI disappear every time try to upgrade to JB4.1

My E970 is running stock 4.0.4 ROM, rooted and unlocked. I tried to update my phone to stock 4.1.2 Rom for E970 both way by LGNPST (failed - IMEI null) and by flash stock 4.1.2.zip with JB radio (failed too). After upgrade, the phone lost IMEI (IMEI null) and crashed after a few minutes running (blue screen system crashed). Here is the screenshot of mu E970 current status:

Screenshot_2013-09-17-11-26-27.png

:( Im living in VietNam and GPS on stock ROM doesn't work, that is the biggest concern. Otherwise, the signal is good, 3G and wifi great too. Please help.

manojcitc

Nov 30, 2011
ahmedabad
right now i am on e97011c software .,..

now i want to update to jellybean so i have downloaded jellybean rom from here ..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2158144

it's a SnowJB v1.1 [2/20/13][STOCK][DEODEX]

So what will i have to do?

I have touch CWM install so i have to flash directly by going into recovery or not?

I am on ICS version e97011c...

emepher

Jul 28, 2010
LG V50 ThinQ

gilaneli

Dec 20, 2013
att lg optimus g

hi,

i'm new here, so sorry if i'm asking stupid question ;) i bought lg optimus g from USA, i live in Europe, can i still update my android version officially? or do i need to root my phone?

jituthejeet

Dec 30, 2012
My E970 is running stock 4.0.4 ROM, rooted and unlocked. I tried to update my phone to stock 4.1.2 Rom for E970 both way by LGNPST (failed - IMEI null) and by flash stock 4.1.2.zip with JB radio (failed too). After upgrade, the phone lost IMEI (IMEI null) and crashed after a few minutes running (blue screen system crashed). Here is the screenshot of mu E970 current status:

Screenshot_2013-09-17-11-26-27.png

:( Im living in VietNam and GPS on stock ROM doesn't work, that is the biggest concern. Otherwise, the signal is good, 3G and wifi great too. Please help.

Hey my phone is also working fine but IMEI is null so no network. I tried to flash stock ROMs using LGNPST and custom ROM using CWM / TWRP - still no luck.

Also - I tried to flash my friend's E970 EFS but still IMEI is null.

Do you know any solution for this?

199xpro

Dec 3, 2013
STOCK ROM

Hi All,
I have one question : When will version Stock 4.4 Office for E970 be published :p?
Thansk for all !

rashp12

Feb 10, 2014
Currently, running jellybean stock ROM on LG optimus G e970. One problem is with call answer display/screen. In order to attend or decline a call, I have to grab/slide phone icon out of constant moving circles to accept. By the time I grab the phone, miss call before attending..
Can it even possible to replace with something simple touch icons similar to IOS 7.1. Someone said it is built in phone.apk. Thanks.

deshwani

Dec 21, 2013
sorry i am posting this message to anywhere because i need quick replies to fix my error as i m so tense...

My question to all the developer here... can anyone help me please? i have LG Optimus G E970 at&t and having serious issue as it is not detecting sim network, everything is running fine except sim network. I was on stock and all things running fine but i installed 4.4 kitkat rom from this link: https://yadi.sk/d/F7yqEV7yaFk8V
then my network not worked, i restore back to stock 4.1.2 but still same problem, no sim detected, i showed it to market developer and they said it is hardware issue while i told them its happened due to installing rom and one have tried on it all things as he was software engineer but no luck, then i gave it to repair shop and they changed its sim jack and insert everything perfectly, but still no network! though one changed in that now when i put sim its not showing but when i eject sim from the jack while phone on the message comes "Phone will restart to use GSM network" and then phone is restarting but same problem , no sim.....!
can anyone tell me exact solution for this? is it really hardware issue or software related? i m stuck up and spent heavy amount on it and still on risk.... i will appreciate your kind cooperation.... thanks in advance..

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
sorry i am posting this message to anywhere because i need quick replies to fix my error as i m so tense...

My question to all the developer here... can anyone help me please? i have LG Optimus G E970 at&t and having serious issue as it is not detecting sim network, everything is running fine except sim network. I was on stock and all things running fine but i installed 4.4 kitkat rom from this link: https://yadi.sk/d/F7yqEV7yaFk8V
then my network not worked, i restore back to stock 4.1.2 but still same problem, no sim detected, i showed it to market developer and they said it is hardware issue while i told them its happened due to installing rom and one have tried on it all things as he was software engineer but no luck, then i gave it to repair shop and they changed its sim jack and insert everything perfectly, but still no network! though one changed in that now when i put sim its not showing but when i eject sim from the jack while phone on the message comes "Phone will restart to use GSM network" and then phone is restarting but same problem , no sim.....!
can anyone tell me exact solution for this? is it really hardware issue or software related? i m stuck up and spent heavy amount on it and still on risk.... i will appreciate your kind cooperation.... thanks in advance..
Have you tried a different SIM card? I had intermittent network issues when my SIM card failed.

Reactions: deshwani

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+3]Frequently Asked Questions[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+2]LG Optimus G (AT&T)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]This a short list of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Q1: How do I root/unlock this phone?[/SIZE]
    There is a guide in the 'General" subforum. Recoveries can be found in the 'Development' subforum.
    Note: There is an " Everything" thread stickied in the 'General' subforum where you will find many of the goods for this device.​

[SIZE=+1]Q2: What is the best ROM?[/SIZE]
    Please refrain from asking questions about the 'best' ROM, kernel, launcher or anything else as the answer is subjective at best. Here is a reply from a Moderator Best/Fastest Rom
    [SIZE=+1]Q3: Do I need to do anything besides root/unlock before flashing a ROM?[/SIZE]
    Make a backup of your current ROM.​

[SIZE=+1]Q4: After flashing a ROM I am stuck on splash/boot screen- what do I do?[/SIZE]
    Try wiping data, cache,and dalvik as well as under mounts and storage format system then reflash. If you still have the issue go to the ROM specific thread and search there for an answer. If you have searched and the answer is not there then post the question, preferably in 'Q&A' subforum rather than the development thread.​

[SIZE=+1]Q5: I changed to a different recovery- where is my backup?[/SIZE]
    It can not be seen by a different recovery - either revert back to the recovery where your backup is located or make a new backup with the recovery you are now using.​
    [SIZE=+1]Q6: How do I return to stock?[/SIZE]
    LGNPST. There is a guide in the 'General' subforum.​
    [SIZE=+1]Q7: Why is my 'XYZ' app not working on this new ROM?[/SIZE]
    This is most likely not because it is a new rom. Best solution is to uninstall the app and do a fresh install, meaning not from a backup.​
    [SIZE=+1]Q8: Why is battery life not so good on my phone?[/SIZE]
    We all use our phones a little to a lot different than someone else therefore there is not a 'one fix' answer. Try using a couple of apps such as CPU Spy and Better Battery Stats to help you identify the problem areas.​
    [SIZE=+1]Q9: After flashing a rom, I get a pop-up saying ' Unfortunately the process Android.process.media has stopped. How can I clear that message?[/SIZE]
    Clear Data in media storage is usually all it takes. You may also re-flash the rom- when re-installing apps do not restore data.​
    [SIZE=+1]Q10: MTP connection for my phone is on. Why doesn't my pc/laptop recognize it?[/SIZE]
    Try a different USB port and / or cable- try rebooting the computer (up to 3 times). Try USB port that is 2.0 rather than 3.0.Some Win 8 users report issues, consult Win 8 support. Uninstall and then re-install the LG drivers from Here

This FAQ is part of a Recognized Contributor Group Initiative. Please look for a similar FAQ thread when visiting another device forum.

A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this FAQ
    Keep posts/threads on-topic

Whilst a minor amount of off-topic posting may be overlooked, the general rule is your posts / threads must be relevant to the Forum / thread in which you are posting.
    General Forums - For news and announcements relating to your device.
    Q&A Forums - For all question threads / posts. If there is no Q&A forum use the device General Forum
    Accessories subforum - For posts related to accessories relevant to the phone model
    Development Forums (ones with the word development in the title) - For developers to post release threads e.g. ROMs and Kernels including modifications to Kernels, Bootloaders, ROMs, etc.
    Themes and Apps Forums - For themers to post Themes and App. announcements & discussions including modifications made to Apps and Themes.

(OP will be reviewed and updated periodically)
    Hi All,
    I have one question : When will version Stock 4.4 Office for E970 be published :p?
    Thansk for all !
    September 10th. 2018.
    ^^ This. +1... and a huge congrats TS- you will be a great Mod!! :)

OP updated - Q9 and 10. Thanks, dbgeek. ;)

Have you tried a different SIM card? I had intermittent network issues when my SIM card failed.