[THEME]6/26-TransBlue Market update! (fixes for those with fc's)

Search This thread

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Well, I was thinking I might find some discrepancies with the certs used to sign certain portions of gapps between the new version and the older one, but so far the only ones that I think are off is miui. Even with that though, 2.2.11 worked with miui and 2.2.11 has the same certs as 2.3.2....so that must not be a factor like I thought.

@Vanquiz,
Was it the themed market or the one you had in before?

@musashiken,
Sorry to hear that man. There shouldn't be a need to total wipe for this, but I understand how that could be a little disconcerting having the google account missing. It was still there I'm sure, but there was something not jiving with some stored value somewhere, I'm guessing maybe the package manager, but I don't know for sure.

If anybody can, I'd be interested to see the logcats when/if there's an issue.

Last edited:

jayjay1234

Jan 24, 2009
For those who lost their google account, wipe, flash gapps, reboot and it should start you up with the setup screen.

This worked for me:D

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
embarass.gif
embarass.gif
embarass.gif

My sincerest appologies, all....I had the WRONG updater script in there which is most certainly the cause of the much of the maladies. It was something that I had left over from an experiment with a sense based rom when I flashed gapps with the market prethemed. It has been corrected. Now, there could still be the other issues that have happened with earlier releases, but hopefully all of the *really* weird stuff is out.

Once again, very sorry about that. :eek:

musashiken

Feb 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 5T
Well, I was thinking I might find some discrepancies with the certs used to sign certain portions of gapps between the new version and the older one, but so far the only ones that I think are off is miui. Even with that though, 2.2.11 worked with miui and 2.2.11 has the same certs as 2.3.2....so that must not be a factor like I thought.

@Vanquiz,
Was it the themed market or the one you had in before?

@musashiken,
Sorry to hear that man. There shouldn't be a need to total wipe for this, but I understand how that could be a little disconcerting having the google account missing. It was still there I'm sure, but there was something not jiving with some stored value somewhere, I'm guessing maybe the package manager, but I don't know for sure.

If anybody can, I'd be interested to see the logcats when/if there's an issue.
Here's a logcat. It's just the logcat for the time when I tap on the market and nothing happens.

Hope it's enough.

Attachments

• alogcat.2011-02-19-00-52-28+0800.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 4

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Here's a logcat. It's just the logcat for the time when I tap on the market and nothing happens.

Hope it's enough.

Thanks for that musashiken, the updater script that I had in there was actually google's gapps install script. Prior to copying the gapps files, it has a remove script that removed much of the google specific stuff. Pretty huge mistake on my part
fryingpan.gif

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
No problem pendo..glad it got sorted..is the OP updated with the new ones?

eliasadrian

Nov 8, 2010
SLC, UT
It worked! I randomly decided to try again, so I redownloaded the file from the OP, cleared cache/dalvik cache, and flashed the green market, works great so far!

I think the second or third time I tried the gapps version from one of your posts and it didn't work, but that makes sense cuz I'm on stock rom.

Thanks Pendo!!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

ChaosBoy

May 28, 2010
Driedorf
Hi Pendo,

Can you make the blue market in version 2.3.2 without transparent??? Thanks for your work!!!!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Uh, oh...well....to be honest, I haven't touched that file. That's exactly how I got it (can't remember where at, but it was here at xda somewherer).

Did you go to settings/applications/manage applications/all and try to uninstall updates/clear cache?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6/26 FIXED
    FC issues resolved, and tested for stability. Short update note in this post.

6/21-For those who have fc's, I've added a second link for each of the new TransBlue Markets. The only change is that I use the original, unedited Manifest. The downside is that the comments page will have a white background, but ALL of the other updates are still in play. 100% stable, guaranteed :) These versions have "og_manifest" at the end of their file names.

6/18

I've recently made a revision to TransBlue (the most popular by far) At first the changes may seem minor, and visually they may not be the first things that pop out, but underneath there's actually quite a few changes. What I've strived for this time was to reduce the usage of public resources a little. I had already pretty much themed all that I could otherwise, so I started to edit the layout xml and (and a couple places in smali) to instead call new local resources I've added. Kind of a long process as it's a bit of trial and error for me (never done anything like it before really), but I think I've come to a decent point where I can release it.

This grew out of another project I'm working on for SGS2.
    Screenshots courtesy of esk02k. Thank you! Also, thanks to fernando sor, who's pm exchanges instigated much of the research that led me to this revision. :)

TransBlue-sgs2-1.png
    TransBlue-sgs2-2.png
    TransBlue-sgs2-3.png

And here's one showing the widget:
    TransBlueWidget-sgs2.png

FLASH IN RECOVERY

Market2.3.6-TransBlue_v2.2.3BT.zip

Thanks everyone for your support, and a very special THANK YOU to those who've passed me a drink or two :)

4/18-Added TransGreen

4/16
    Found the problem some had with the boxes in the app listings. The parent of one of the styles I use has a different id in froyo vs gingerbread. All is well now. I will endeavor to add trans-green and the regular blue as I can.

TransBlue has been updated just a bit to include some of the changes I introduced in TransRed so now both of these included my latest theming efforts

TransBlue_v2.1_Market-2.3.6.zip

TransBlue-main.png
    TransBlue-widget.png

TransRed_v2.1_Market-2.3.6.zip

TransRed-main.png
    TransRed-widget.png

TransGreen_v2.1-Market2.3.6.zip

TransGreen-main.png
    TransGreen-widget.png

The original non-transparent Blue version (pic below in 2nd post): BlueMarket2.3.6_v2.1.zip

If you feel inclined please use either the "Thanks" button below, or the "special" thanks button right above my avatar :)

Thanks everyone for your comments and a special thanks to those who've passed me a drink or two :)
    Sorry guys, I've been busy. Last night I got a verified good version of the market. Not that the other one's were 'fake' per se, I just know that this one was received OTA on a nexus one.....mine.

After going through every single directory that I've modded I still have no idea what's causing the issue. I ran diff's on the code side of it, and came up with nothing. There was basically one item that's different. I left the gingerbread and above drawable folders in that existed on the tablet version. These were drawable-hdpi-v9 and drawable-mdpi-v9. These shouldn't have caused an issue anyway because the only images in those folders were menu png's and 2 statusbar png's....nothing in the regular layout. Anyway, I'm hoping that it just caused some confusion with some roms, especially those that may still have edited fingerprints that are different than their actual build.

So after A LOT of hours, here's a new TransBlue. Also made a few more cosmetic edits, updated launcher icon, and the pressed highlights are yellow now instead of blue. Changed the widget just a bit. I also darkened the background a bit to make the text a bit more legible. I didn't do it to the widget, though...so let me know if you think I should do that as well. I've spent sooo much time on this little thing I really hope I got everything this time. I will update the TransRed as well as TransGreen but I need to get some positive feedback from those that had issues first. I won't be back online probably til late, late or even tomorrow cause I've GOT to get caught back up on some school work I neglected while chasing this gremlin down.

TransBlue_v2.0_Market-2.3.6.zip

PS, Thanks a bunch esk02k....mucho appreciated dude :)
    Hello fellow XDA'ers,

I have themed the new market a little, the primary goal was to change from the green to a blueish theme. I've actually had this for a little while, but only posted it in my super circle thread. It was suggested that I start a new thread for it, as there may be some interested, that don't frequent the battery thread. Just about every image has been replaced.

Here's a shot:
    432acab1.png

The zip file below will place Vending.apk into your /system/app directory. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

===>NewMarket-pb-signed.zip<===

Thanks for looking

Hi Guy,
    Downloading now. Don't know where everyone else is today :) Have always preferred Blue to green ;)
    Hey pendo great work as always ... question for the you .. the blue background at the top .. wasnt it not semi transparent at one point in the last market or was that my imagination playing tricks on me again

Man I'm sorry, I thought I replied to you on this the other day. Yes, it is still semi-transparent.

I did just update to 2.3.3 for the transparent versions. Update zips are at the top of the op. :) I'll try to get to the request for the non-transparent a little later today.
    does this work for the cyan 2.3 roms yet, I cant seem to get the install to take using clockwork 3

I've tested it on aosp gingerbread, as well as the 1/20 nightly. (But should work on froyo as well.)

But I also am running the older clockwork. I mention this in the downloads section, but try to mount system first while in recovery. It's an option under "mounts and storage" Had a buddy just do it on his N-S works fine.