[Q] Please help with possible bricked epic

Search This thread

leebo73

Oct 22, 2010
Someone please help. I let a co-worker use my rooted epic and he's supposedly into developing ROMS so I trusted him. To make a long story short he tried to update my profile and PDL. When I got my phone back the phone had a number of data errors so I used quick boot to reboot. When the phone rebooted it went into recovery mode with an error that said E:/can't open\cache\recovery\log. I have re odin the DK28 modem and pit file but when I try to flash a new ROM it boots back into recovery with the same error. Any suggestions would be great! Help please.:(

Whosdaman

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
Please post questions in Q&A section. Everyone please remember to click the "Report Post" button on the original post to have immediate action taken by the moderators. Also do not post in the thread itself telling the user that he made a mistake or broke a rule as it doesn't contribute to the thread and is unnecessary.

leebo73

Oct 22, 2010
I Odined the .TAR file also but no joy. Getting MD5 mismatch! E:Can't open/chache/recovery/log

leebo73

Oct 22, 2010
Going to try to Odin Eclair? Tried and no joy still get same error

Last edited:

leebo73

Oct 22, 2010
Ok... I was able to odin back to stock and am now running Build number Samsung ECLAIR.DG27. I am trying to re-root the phone but am having difficulty. I installed SDK and I can see my device in adb when I type adb devices. When I try to on-click root it shows that the devices is offline. Any suggestions? I am trying to get back to 2.2 and run Nebula Twin Jets. I loved it and would like to get back to norm.

makipsee

Feb 17, 2010
central islip, ny
www.facebook.com
Ok... I was able to odin back to stock and am now running Build number Samsung ECLAIR.DG27. I am trying to re-root the phone but am having difficulty. I installed SDK and I can see my device in adb when I type adb devices. When I try to on-click root it shows that the devices is offline. Any suggestions? I am trying to get back to 2.2 and run Nebula Twin Jets. I loved it and would like to get back to norm.

if u would like u can go to the wiki site that the viperteam and other members have created here is the link and it has a guide and links 2 flash to dk28
http://teamviper.devphone.org/wiki/index.php?title=Guides#How_to_flash_stock_DK28

Top Liked Posts