G2X Unlocked(SIM) on AT&T 4G

Search This thread

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I think you're confusing rooting the phone with unlocking the SIM. The G2X is already rooted but there's partition differences with the O2X that the devs need to be resolve.

nate420

Feb 19, 2011
eau claire,wisconsin
I think you're confusing rooting the phone with unlocking the SIM. The G2X is already rooted but there's partition differences with the O2X that the devs need to be resolve.

lol no im talking about unlocking the phone to use on different carriers

i have unlocked my:
samsung vibrant via xda help (no carrier/manufacturer help)
HTC HD2 same way
and last but not least my old black berry i had (from att not tmobile)

you can find ways to get the unlock code within the phone it's self...it takes a long time but works! as ive had att sim cards in almost all of my phones

stefan.buddle

May 10, 2009
lol no im talking about unlocking the phone to use on different carriers

i have unlocked my:
samsung vibrant via xda help (no carrier/manufacturer help)
HTC HD2 same way
and last but not least my old black berry i had (from att not tmobile)

you can find ways to get the unlock code within the phone it's self...it takes a long time but works! as ive had att sim cards in almost all of my phones

Yeah some phones have the unlock codes on the phone itself lore the galaxy s series, which with a little root you can unlock yourself, other phones don't have this option available to them, hence the need to have it done by the manufacturer

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

nate420

Feb 19, 2011
eau claire,wisconsin
Yeah some phones have the unlock codes on the phone itself lore the galaxy s series, which with a little root you can unlock yourself, other phones don't have this option available to them, hence the need to have it done by the manufacturer

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

learn something new every day thanks!

i assumed all phones had it hidden some where inside of their guts

spyz88

Oct 28, 2008
not to pick a fight but NO its not officially out yet... it went on pre-order the 15th... that is not an official release if its just on pre-order
call customer service they will tell you the same

now as the same methods that worked with the O2x may not work with the G2x...

If I were to order it right now, with overnight shipping I would get it the 19th...which is before the 20th...so it is not a pre-order. Pre-order means it wouldn't ship UNTIL the 20th or be received on the 20th. Not arguing just saying...

nate420

Feb 19, 2011
eau claire,wisconsin
If I were to order it right now, with overnight shipping I would get it the 19th...which is before the 20th...so it is not a pre-order. Pre-order means it wouldn't ship UNTIL the 20th or be received on the 20th. Not arguing just saying...

does t-mobile even offer overnight?
i asked for this devise and they said no....

i really could care less when it comes cuz i got the phone free of charge but still if there is a overnight option ill be pissed

crazythunder

Apr 2, 2007
buffalo,ny
does t-mobile even offer overnight?
i asked for this devise and they said no....

i really could care less when it comes cuz i got the phone free of charge but still if there is a overnight option ill be pissed

mine left ohio for buffalo ny at 3 am. sat. night. ups is showing that as the last update. it's only a few hours drive between the 2. ugh. i saw no overnight option when i ordered at midnight on thursday. just got home from work hoping to find a package.....no go.

nate420

Feb 19, 2011
eau claire,wisconsin
mine left ohio for buffalo ny at 3 am. sat. night. ups is showing that as the last update. it's only a few hours drive between the 2. ugh. i saw no overnight option when i ordered at midnight on thursday. just got home from work hoping to find a package.....no go.

my left louisville, KY
should be here mid day tomorrow!
and im guessing yours will be too!

AuroEdge

Dec 17, 2010
The people at T-Mobile customer support as well as the stores have been telling me they will NOT give you unlock codes. One lowly sales rep said best option is to wait until a homebrew software option is available or to go to the Manufacturer.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington

The problem a lot of us have learned with T-Mobile is that your shipping method has nothing to do with when you'll receive the phone. It'll ship overnight like they say but there's up to three days of internal processing at T-Mobile before it gets to UPS. People who ordered at midnight on Thursday and paid for Saturday delivery didn't have their phones leave the T-Mobile warehouse until today. I had a UPS tracking number (two day express) since early Friday morning but the phone didn't get to UPS until today. T-Mobile's internal systems obviously aren't too robust. I don't think they held the shipping up because of a 4/20 sale date; I think they're just incompetent.

spyz88

Oct 28, 2008
The problem a lot of us have learned with T-Mobile is that your shipping method has nothing to do with when you'll receive the phone. It'll ship overnight like they say but there's up to three days of internal processing at T-Mobile before it gets to UPS. People who ordered at midnight on Thursday and paid for Saturday delivery didn't have their phones leave the T-Mobile warehouse until today. I had a UPS tracking number (two day express) since early Friday morning but the phone didn't get to UPS until today. T-Mobile's internal systems obviously aren't too robust. I don't think they held the shipping up because of a 4/20 sale date; I think they're just incompetent.

WOW. Just wow. That's INSANE.

skyhigh2004

Oct 10, 2010
Saint Cloud MN

+1 to this.

sent from my side of the galaxy....

compuguy1088

Jun 17, 2010
NoVA
www.compuguy1088.com
The people at T-Mobile customer support as well as the stores have been telling me they will NOT give you unlock codes. One lowly sales rep said best option is to wait until a homebrew software option is available or to go to the Manufacturer.

In that case, until someone offers or makes a software unlock, this phone is off my radar.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

sk337sk337

May 21, 2009
Tennessee

If you buy on a contract you can't have it until after your buyers remorse (14 or 30 days). Full price can be requested as soon as you buy and FAX. I KNOW what I'm talking about :)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

AuroEdge

Dec 17, 2010
If you buy on a contract you can't have it until after your buyers remorse (14 or 30 days). Full price can be requested as soon as you buy and FAX. I KNOW what I'm talking about :)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

I should've been specific when saying, at least the people I encountered, would not supply a key when you buy the phone outright.

lionsson

May 11, 2009
Yes they will unlock it for you if you bought it at full retail price and here is the Email from T-Mobile Sim Unlock Team and it worked, but I have bad news I called Tmobile and LG and had extensive conversation with them, basically came to the conclusion that the frequencies are there but the software is not configure to work with AT&T's 3G network until and if the merger is fulfilled. And even a Tmobile advance support hinted that this was done for their business purposes not because the phone wasn't capable.

So I have a G2x unlocked working on AT&T's voice and 2G after a quick APN setup, but no 3G.

email.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kind of a repeat of what is in this thread started by me (which you tried to hijack)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1036129

Re-posting what I have found here:

I just got off of the phone with t-mobile customer care (1-877-453-1304). I called them because I wanted clarification on this before I purchased 2 full retail price phones.

The program is called the "Sim Subsidy Unlock Program." It is for anyone that purchases a phone for the full retail price from a corporate store or an authorized retailer and pays all of the price upfront.

You need to call customer care, explain that you purchased a phone for full price and request a "remedy request form number." They will then open this request and you then have 7 days to fax the following to the Sim Unlock Team at 1-813-353-6557 :

ATTENTION: SIM UNLOCK TEAM
    Full Name
    Mobile Number
    Email Address
    Readable Copy Of Sales Receipt

It takes 24 to 72 hours to process and they will email you instructions to unlock your phone.