• Nova

Votes: 107 28.8%
  • Trebuchet

Votes: 73 19.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

johrie

Jan 11, 2010
Seriosly? Lol, edit the zip before you flash it if it bothers you that much. Don't ask a dev to change his ROM just because you don't like something, how selfish. Plus this isn't something he's making from scratch, it's ported from a team's official builds. So if you want it changed it really needs to change all the way at Team Kang. Again, how selfish. Dev's put forth hours of work for us and you're asking him to change the setup for something that takes you a few seconds?

/rant

Launchers are personal preference, therefore it is up to you to have the preferred launcher. Why try to force your choice on everyone else? (Unless you're the dev. Then you deserve to force lol)

Wow wow wow...
Why are you getting so angry about this.. I am just asking a question and you are being a total ass about this... you could also have awnsered with..

Launchers are of personal preference, the dev likes nova so exclude it yourself..

But nevermind the question some people just don't know how to react to a person his question......

Edit: Also I said if he COULD not that he SHOULD.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

buxtahuda

Feb 4, 2011
Cleveland, MS
Wow wow wow...
Why are you getting so angry about this.. I am just asking a question and you are being a total ass about this... you could also have awnsered with..

Launchers are of personal preference, the dev likes nova so exclude it yourself..

But nevermind the question some people just don't know how to react to a person his question......

Edit: Also I said if he COULD not that he SHOULD.

I'm not, just saying. I didn't flame all up or anything, and I make sure never to get worked up over online stuff.

But a ROM is usually a dev's personal work and what they use every day, why would you ask them to change anything that isn't bug-related?

Nothing personal in all this. But it's constant requests like these, and bug reports without reading the rest of the thread that causes dev's to get fed up and drop devices.

I guess I'm just trying to say please respect the dev's and their choices, I'm not trying to say don't ever ask a question and I'm not trying to hound you.

gteye

Oct 26, 2010
That can easily be turned around and one could say "It's rants like yours that drive users away which support sites and development for devices."

What's worse, someone asking a question already answered or the 200 people responding with "RTFM!" and "That was already answered moron!"

I'd say the latter.

adamz667

Jan 15, 2011
Warsaw
Nova Launcher is included in AOKP sources, so it is a part of rom and will not be removed. Like someone else said - you can edit update zip before flash or ignore it and just make your favoured launcher as default.

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
You kids need to put your money where your mouth is.
Attached is a flashable zip that removes Nova. A bit excessive maybe but hey, just flash it after you've flashed this ROM & you're good to go ;)

FOR THE RECORD though I personally love and use Nova Launcher Prime (with Andromadus) so I have a flashable zip I use that removes Trebuchet, stock Music and GooManager :D

Attachments

• remove_nova.zip
    154.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

adamz667

Jan 15, 2011
Warsaw
as mentioned, start up scripts are not holding effect.

will reflash later today.

There is a problem in ROM Control which is causing this.

Fix:
Copy attached liberty.cfg to /system/etc and change its permission to rwxrwxrwx (777). Reboot and tweaks should now works fine. I will fix it in next build.

liberty.cfg - http://sourceforge.net/projects/aokpforvision/files/liberty.cfg/download
----------------------------------------------------

iDAREK
:
If you want to enable swap, just put your renamed to e.g. "97swapon" [number is important] script to /system/etc/init.d and change its permissions to rwxr-xr-x (755). Enable sheduled tasks option is used to enable cron jobs, not your startup scripts.

Last edited:
Reactions: buxtahuda

Careless_

Nov 13, 2010
swagger toggle is part of the Systems P1MP protocol.
careful though, leaving it on too long may over-swaggulate your phone.

Reactions: EdKeys

iDAREK

Feb 29, 2008
Leeds
dariusz.wieckiewicz.org
There is a problem in ROM Control which is causing this.

Fix:
Copy attached liberty.cfg to /system/etc and change its permission to rwxrwxrwx (777). Reboot and tweaks should now works fine. I will fix it in next build.

liberty.cfg - http://sourceforge.net/projects/aokpforvision/files/liberty.cfg/download
----------------------------------------------------

iDAREK
:
If you want to enable swap, just put your renamed to e.g. "97swapon" [number is important] script to /system/etc/init.d and change its permissions to rwxr-xr-x (755). Enable sheduled tasks option is used to enable cron jobs, not your startup scripts.

thnx for liberty solution.

About schedule, my mistake.. :) cron is cron...
btw. is there any possibility to edit rom ROM Controls cron jobs, or this is only the option to enable, and all jobs we need to ad to cron from terminal.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

About swapin file.

I have made a script in init.d - 97swapon
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
swapon /sdcard/swap.swp
echo 60 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

swap.swp was created by swapper and works when swapon runned from terminal, but the problem is that comand from 97swapon arent executed - one of this commads arent runed on init. Any idea?

adamz667

Jan 15, 2011
Warsaw
thnx for liberty solution.
About swapin file.

I have made a script in init.d - 97swapon
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
swapon /sdcard/swap.swp
echo 60 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

swap.swp was created by swapper and works when swapon runned from terminal, but the problem is that comand from 97swapon arent executed - one of this commads arent runed on init. Any idea?

Please paste here result of command:
# ls -al /etc/init.d

And tell me did you change permissions for 97swapon file to r-xr-xr-x (chmod 555 /etc/init.d/97swapon)?

iDAREK

Feb 29, 2008
Leeds
dariusz.wieckiewicz.org
Please paste here result of command:
# ls -al /etc/init.d

And tell me did you change permissions for 97swapon file to r-xr-xr-x (chmod 555 /etc/init.d/97swapon)?

here you are,

Code:
-r-xr-xr-x root     root         1874 2008-08-01 13:00 00check
-r-xr-xr-x root     root          913 2008-08-01 13:00 01zipalign
-r-xr-xr-x root     root          934 2008-08-01 13:00 02sysctl
-r-xr-xr-x root     root          327 2008-08-01 13:00 03firstboot
-r-xr-xr-x root     root         1580 2008-08-01 13:00 05freemem
-r-xr-xr-x root     root         1057 2008-08-01 13:00 06removecache
-r-xr-xr-x root     root          922 2008-08-01 13:00 07fixperms
-r-xr-xr-x root     root         1827 2008-08-01 13:00 09cron
-r-xr-xr-x root     root          999 2008-08-01 13:00 10sdboost
-r-xr-xr-x root     root           72 2012-05-17 21:14 97swapon
-r-xr-xr-x root     root          208 2008-08-01 13:00 98tweaks

and yes, permisions changed... simply init.d script doesn't start.. .have read about this in many forums, and none solutions is working for init.d.

adamz667

Jan 15, 2011
Warsaw
iDAREK:
Here you've got instructions to enable init.d on that rom:
1) Put that file - http://sourceforge.net/projects/aokpforvision/files/install-recovery.sh/download - to /system/etc and change permissions to 777
2) Put that file - http://sourceforge.net/projects/aokpforvision/files/sysinit/download to /system/bin and change permissions to 755
3) Add some file to /etc/init.d (e.g. your 97swapon) to test if it works (it was working for me in that way when I create some foo file on /data using init.d script, so it should work).

If it helps, please, write it here ;)

michael9413

Aug 23, 2010
Subang Jaya
I've also had the keyboard freeze bug. It seems to be related to haptic feedback. Yesterday, I was using voice typing and had to delete a word and the phone froze, forcing me to pull the battery. Upon booting I tried it again with the same result. A little later though, I used the search bar using the virtual keyboard in portrait mode and it locked up again. I turned off "Vibrate on Keypress" in keyboard settings and now it seems fine.

Unfortunately I don't have a logcat yet. I'll try to get one later today. Despite my sig, I am using this ROM.

weird... i'm trying that voice typing now in the message apps... no problem at all... and my keyboard is having haptic feedback on...

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Okay, so I think that tile rendering is a suspect of problems with menu and system hang up.

Fix:
Open /system/build.prop using e.g. Root Exlporer or adb pull and push, type hash (#) before line "debug.enabletr=true" so it will be looks like:
#debug.enabletr=true
Or change true to false and save file. Reboot phone and problem should disappear.

It will be fixed in next build.

iDAREK:
I will look on it after weekend, now I don't have a free time.

bro, i would like to ask for a favour... can you included a tweak in the Performance Menu, Set CPU??? I would like to have a sleep setting, i think that would help a lil on the battery performance....

Thank you for your ROM like it very much...

BTW what is the setting that you are having??? My setting is as per below...
Version : 14-05-2012 / build 35
CPU : 1024 max & 245 min (Scaling Governor : Smartass V2)
Free Memory : 50MB

I just purely playing with the ROM, RAM & CPU but do not have either EXT4 / others partition in my SD, or any SWAP / others options...

the rom still has a lil hiccups (lags here and there) but not affecting the overall performance...
I'm quite a moderate to heavy user, as battery life drops like hell when i try to use Waze (traffic and navigation apps, which uses GPS and Data like Trapster)...
Keyboard typing in the message is a lil slow in responce, but still can live with it especially you have to speak to type function :)
got a few freeze after 2 days of usage, mostly on Waze usage and Message, BTW message starts a lil slow sometimes it just couldn't load up maybe i have quite a numbers of SMS...

at the current moment there isn't any other than that...
my most frequent apps use is K9 Mail, Gmail, Whatsapp, Viber, Camera (gallery too), phones of course and a lil facebook & twitter...

Last edited:

iDAREK

Feb 29, 2008
Leeds
dariusz.wieckiewicz.org
iDAREK:
Here you've got instructions to enable init.d on that rom:
1) Put that file - http://sourceforge.net/projects/aokpforvision/files/install-recovery.sh/download - to /system/etc and change permissions to 777
2) Put that file - http://sourceforge.net/projects/aokpforvision/files/sysinit/download to /system/bin and change permissions to 755
3) Add some file to /etc/init.d (e.g. your 97swapon) to test if it works (it was working for me in that way when I create some foo file on /data using init.d script, so it should work).

If it helps, please, write it here ;)

Very thnx. I was to curios to do not try this, but not... it's not working... but I drop this from 2 reasons.

1. Becouse of problem to run start script. So I decide to use Swapper2 (not swapper) even that this is limited to 256mb of ram.
2. This metod isn't good also, becouse there is problem if you unmount sdcard when connecting to computer. Swap cannot be reinitialised. Swapper2 have option to reinitialise swap in that situation.

Last edited:

Realm11984

Dec 7, 2007
Just wanted to chime in....I have been running b36 with screen density at 190. Lovin it! None of the problems I was having at 160 with the phone and the size of everything at 190 seems to be just right. One question, is there a way to turn off track pad wake? Thanks for the awesome ROM!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would like to present you Android Open Kang Project builds for HTC Vision.

Rom is based on Android 4.0 (ICS) and have a lot of customization options.

It's also DEV thread, so if you have a some problems with rom, first, try to find fix by yourself. If you can't - add post with description of your problem and LOGCAT.

Any help is welcome :)

I don't do this for any purposes, I just want to learn something new, so if you want to thanks thnk about AOKP Team and/or Andromadus Team :)

Special thanks goes to AOKP dev team (Team Kang) and Andromadus Team!

What's working:
    - everything should be fine

What's not working:
    - waiting for feedback -

FOR USERS EXPERIENCING WIFI TO DATA SWITCHING ISSUES WITH THEIR CARRIER ONLY : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1701467

Try some themes for your AOKP: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=aokp+theme&c=apps
    If you're installing it for first time (coming from other rom) do FULL WIPE.

Remember: I'm not responsible for any phone bricks, tornados and diarrheas. You are doing it for your own and your warranty is void now.

How to install:
    1) Put rom and GApps on your sd card.
    2) Go to CWM (or other) Recovery.
    3) Do a nand backup.
    4) Do a full wipe (fist installation - coming from other rom) or just wipe cache/dalvik cache (update).
    5) Flash rom.
    6) Flash GApps.
    7) Reboot (first boot can take a while).

How to enable TabletUI
    1) Open ROM Control and enable Navigation Bar, but don't reboot phone now.
    2) Change LCD Density to any lower than 171 (e.g. 165 / General UI).
    3) Reboot your phone.
    4) Wipe Google Play data.

Note:
    If you want go back to Phone UI just change LCD Density to any higher than 179.

• Changelog:
    23-07-2012 / Milestone 6
    Major changes since Milestone 5

Removed FB sync
    Added ability to hide sender and/or message body in notifications (Mms)
    Added CM9 T-Mobile theme manager
    Added Sense 4 style Task switcher (you have the option of choosing from stock/web os/sense 4 now)
    Added ability to play boot sound (disabled by default) -- read instructions in ROM Control > General > Boot sound
    added delayed ring feature to Phone
    added Emoji to Mms (enable in Mms settings)
    added AOKP wallpapers app
    added USB tether toggle,
    added AOKP clock widgets
    added notification counters
    new boot animation
    added nav bar widgets (must add nav bar widgets button/long press button in nav bar settings and add some widgets to play with!)
    added AOKP stats (www.stats.aokp.co) -- you can opt out
    added bluewall firewall - RC > General UI > Less Notification Sounds -- limits the number of notification sounds an app can play per X seconds, so like 1 GTalk ping/30s, but notifications will still be coming in
    improved weather code
    added "copy to clipboard" option in "Share" dialogs throughout Android
    added hardware info in about screen
    added new music layout to lockscreen (you can choose between old and new)
    added nfc toggle
    added nfc polling settings (Settings > More > NFC polling mode)
    made lockscreen weather prettier
    fixed DRM issues

There has been TONS of more stuff than this added. It's really difficult to find all the differences... here is a FULL list of commits that have entered our code base since Milestone 5. There are a lot of changes.

Here is a list of changes since build 40. They are mostly bug fixes.

25-06-2012 / build 40
    - updated Apex Launcher
    - added PinyinIME
    - added Greek IME
    - added set phone number under Phone settings
    - fixed Google Voice bug

and other...:
    added hardware info in Settings > About
    fixed DRM issues (including Hulu)
    made lockscreen weather much prettier
    fixed tablets
    added NFC polling mode Settings > More > NFC polling mode
    added NFC toggle
    added Achromatic theme
    updated Nova
    fixed added custom WiFi SSID FC
    always moar things!
    Full change log available here

19-06-2012 / build 39
    - updated Apex Launcher
    - updated Andromadus kernel
    - added ability to change host name (settings > dev > device hostname)
    - added ad-hoc network support
    - added adb over network
    - added AOKP stats (you can opt out, Settings > About > AOKP Statistics) www.stats.aokp.co
    - added bluewall firewall - RC > General UI > Less Notification Sounds
    --- limits the number of notification sounds an app can play per X seconds
    --- so like 1 GTalk ping/30s, but notifications will still be coming in
    - added "Device options" link in Settings for devices that have an app to tweak device-specific settings
    --- right now I believe only tuna/aries/p1c have these, all credit goes to CM trees where these apps came from
    - improved weather code, shouldn't bother you everytime it updates weather now
    - added "copy to clipboard" option in "Share" dialogs throughout ANdroid
    - added ability to toggle to "new" and "original" music controls on the lockscreen
    - as always, tons of other device-specific and internal changes, find them all at http://gerrit.sudoservers.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z

a note about linaro (warning, tech mumbo jumbo ahead)
    These builds do NOT include the new Linaro optimizations. The optimizations don't increase the speed of Android by 100%, nor do they inject butter. They use a newer toolchain to compile Android, which has more optimizations. The Linaro people have also made the proper changes in Android code to allow builds to be compiled with -O3 instead of -O2 flags (think of it as another pass of code optimizations).

Please do not ask us whether we will include them in the future. We like speed as much as the next guy, but we want to make sure that it doesn't break ANYTHING. When/if it's ready, you'll know.

Enjoy!

05-06-2012 / build 38
    - Merged TabletUI
    - Added Hot Reboot
    - Added Apex Launcher
    - Added (physical) Home button long press setting for TabletUI
    - Fixed microphone in headset (caused by improved volume mod)
    --- build 38 changelog
    reverted tablet nav bar button padding change (back to stock ics padding now)
    fix SMS/BT crash bug when no msgs exist
    reworked lockscreen music layout to be cleaner
    fix ugly gradient on dark holo background
    added AOKP Tips widget
    added statusbar autohide for tablets (for apps that need full screen)
    added support for more lockscreen targets (2-8 options, your choice)
    cleaned up octo lockscreen layout
    fixed certain FCs with RC related to weather
    Mms: fixed stripping certain Polish characters
    decreased size of custom lockscreen apps to match other icons
    statusbar brightness enabled by default after you wipe (sliding thumb across statusbar to change brightness)
    added statusbar notification counter (RC > Statusbar General > Notification Counter)
    new AOKP boot animation from @rascarlo
    Out of range Bluetooth devices won't show up anymore in Settings
    Browser: added option to close all other tabs (besides current)
    Fixed data toggle
    Removed requirement to reboot when toggling keyboard switcher (IME switcher) in statusbar
    Added nav bar widgets (to enable, go to nav bar settings > add toggle widgets as one of your nav bar actions/ long press actions, then add widgets -- be sure to add at least 2 for best experience)
    ...as always, tons of fixes for devices and other backend fixes!

Remember: builds are considered "nightlies"!

25-05-2012 / build 37
    - Full working init.d support (so Startup Tweaks are fixed finally)
    - Fixed Singapore quotation brackets - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26278913&postcount=109
    - Added Louder headphones volume - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1603327
    - Added LG 4x Lockscreen mod - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24811293
    - Symbol keys enhance on pop up symbol keyboard (FN + SYM) - if you want some additional symbols - write to me I'll add them
    - Added SIM Toolkit
    - Etc...
    --- build 37 changelog
    fixed navbar glow resetting on reboot
    fixed hide navbar for tablets
    fixed back button disappearing on tablets
    auto-brightness fixes
    added more SwagPapers
    added volume adjust sound preference (Settings > Sound > Volume adjust sound)
    fixed memory leak with lockscreen code
    fixed auto-rotate toggle
    systemui will now restart on changing themes to avoid any potential errors
    navbar background is now set through XML to allow theming
    added aokp clock widgets
    navigation bar app icons now scale better
    fixed bug in native Email app that would cause wakelocks
    Support GSM AT commands for SMS over bluetooth
    updated nova to 1.1.4

23-05-2012 / build 36
    - System hang-ups on opening app setting menu or other - fixed
    - Volume +/- (short press) when Volume Music Controls enabled not working - fixed
    - Added Trackpad Wake switch
    - Possibly faster WiFi/2G/3G switch
    - Some other merge stuff/fixes

16-05-2012 / build 36
    - Fixed Recent App switcher (Sense 4 style/WebOS/Stock)
    - Fixed WiFi Tether toggle causing SystemUI crash
    - Added USB Tether Toggle
    - Fixed keyboard backlight in right way
    - Enabled tile rendering for tests
    ------ build 36 changes -----------------------
    - updated Mms emoji code from CM
    - added delayed ring feature to Phone
    - fixed a bug when hiding sender information, photo would still show
    - default ICS wallpapers have returned
    - added SwagPapers (AOKP Wallpapers)
    - updated theme engine from CM
    - fixed volume slider showing incorrect volume in a voice call (making it look like it wasn't full)

14-05-2012 / build 35
    - Cleaned all mess
    - Everything should be faster and smoother
    - Added Trebuchet launcher, Speech Recorde, Movie Studio
    - Added 2g/3g, Mobile Data, Tether AP etc toggles
    - Themes are working now
    - Other stuff from AOKP build 35

11-05-2012:
    - Fixed Camcorder
    - Fixed keyboard backlight
    - Fixed Camera led flash (only in AUTO mode)

8-05-2012:
    - Initial release
    - Camcorder is not working right now (will be fixed)
    - Camera led is not working right now (will be fixed)
    - Keyboard backlight works only with autobrighntess (will be fixed)
    Here we go again - AOKP for Vision is back ;)

There is no changelog for now, because it is initial and very eraly/nightly release. AOKP is based on Android 4.2.1.

So you are flashing it on your own responsibility - full wipe is required.

There could be some bugs. All things like calls, sms, mobile data, wifi, gps, camera (when using stock app there are stripes on picutres, but with 3rd party app pictrures are clean), camcorder, webkit etc should work.

Thanks goes to:
    Flinny, Juansheng (cn.fyodor), Darkspadez and rest of Andromadus Team
    Android Open Kang Project Team and CyanogenMod Team

Downloads:

ROM:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/aokpforvision/files/aokp_vision_unofficial_Feb-02-13.zip/download

GApps:
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip
    I've got some good news for you guys, see screenshot below ;)
    Okay, finally I've found a poblem which causes camera FC's. So probably new build will be ready today.

After that I'll resync with JB repos and start to work with AOKP based on Android 4.1.
    New build is up:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/aokpforvision/files/aokp_vision_milestone-6_20120723.zip/download

Changelog:

Major changes since Milestone 5

Removed FB sync
    Added ability to hide sender and/or message body in notifications (Mms)
    Added CM9 T-Mobile theme manager
    Added Sense 4 style Task switcher (you have the option of choosing from stock/web os/sense 4 now)
    Added ability to play boot sound (disabled by default) -- read instructions in ROM Control > General > Boot sound
    added delayed ring feature to Phone
    added Emoji to Mms (enable in Mms settings)
    added AOKP wallpapers app
    added USB tether toggle,
    added AOKP clock widgets
    added notification counters
    new boot animation
    added nav bar widgets (must add nav bar widgets button/long press button in nav bar settings and add some widgets to play with!)
    added AOKP stats (www.stats.aokp.co) -- you can opt out
    added bluewall firewall - RC > General UI > Less Notification Sounds -- limits the number of notification sounds an app can play per X seconds, so like 1 GTalk ping/30s, but notifications will still be coming in
    improved weather code
    added "copy to clipboard" option in "Share" dialogs throughout Android
    added hardware info in about screen
    added new music layout to lockscreen (you can choose between old and new)
    added nfc toggle
    added nfc polling settings (Settings > More > NFC polling mode)
    made lockscreen weather prettier
    fixed DRM issues

There has been TONS of more stuff than this added. It's really difficult to find all the differences... here is a FULL list of commits that have entered our code base since Milestone 5. There are a lot of changes.

Here is a list of changes since build 40. They are mostly bug fixes.

PS: If you encounter FC's on Navbar settings do FULL WIPE.