Search This thread

bish8

Jan 10, 2014
HTC Wildfire a3333
Android version 2.2.1
Build number 2.22.405.1
Browser version 3.1
Kernel version 2.6.32.21-g0f9e9bs

I have a problem with youtube not working i get an error message "ATTENTION There is no network connection right now. Please try again later." I can't access youtube via the app or through google. I believe the app is pre installed as the option to uninstall the app is grayed out.

Thought of a great plan to root my phone to uninstall the app and then reinstall. I don't know what im doing i d/l'd Kingo root, ticked the box for debugging mode but can't find the S-on option to turn off.

In summary i just need to get youtube working again the above is how far i have got but couldn't say if im in the right direction so need guidance.

Thanks guys.

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Hi, welcome to the forums :) have you tried deleting the apps data from settings/apps/YouTube? And have you tried using WiFi?
If you want to root you will probably need to use revolutionary to gain s-off. Just follow the guides in the general section and the wildfire index from the dev section :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Reactions: bish8

bish8

Jan 10, 2014
Hi, welcome to the forums :) have you tried deleting the apps data from settings/apps/YouTube? And have you tried using WiFi?
If you want to root you will probably need to use revolutionary to gain s-off. Just follow the guides in the general section and the wildfire index from the dev section :)

I might just be a little tired but im not finding this as easy to navigate as other forums, could you direct link me to the links you mentioned.

The uninstall icon has been grayed out so it won't allow me to.

Thanks so far though

bish8

Jan 10, 2014
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1145035 try this one first :)

Got to the S-OFF instructions where it tells me to download a program to help with back dating my phone. Only maybe my anti-virus has drawn up a false positive but its saying its a trojan horse virus.

Possible the site could have been infected?

Also, i don't have a microSD card so do i skip the step or is there something else to it?

Last edited:

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
OK, this is not the thread I thought it was. What specifically is coming up as a trojan horse?
If it is anything it will be psneuter, which is a false positive.
Can you boot into hboot and tell me what version you have? ( power off fully and then power back on using volume down and power at the same time. The screen with show a bunch of numbers on a background you will probably not have seen before, tell me them. Battery pull and then reboot with power button to return to normal)
Also a SD card is mandatory, for the whole process, no sdcard - no s-off pal.

Last edited:

bish8

Jan 10, 2014
OK, this is not the thread I thought it was. What specifically is coming up as a trojan horse?
Can you boot into hboot and tell me what version you have? ( power off fully and then power back on using volume down and power at the same time. The screen with show a bunch of numbers on a background you will probably not have seen before, tell me them. Battery pull and then reboot with power button to return to normal)

hboot: 1.01.0001
microp: 0622
touch panel - atmel224_16ab
radio: 3.35.20.10
nov 17 2010

Just got home from buying a micro sd. Emailed the admin and he/she reassured me phone roots can cause this but to not be concerned. Going through the guide straight after i post this. Between the both of us hopefully i can get my phone working order and youtube playing again fingers crossed.

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
nov 17 2010

Just got home from buying a micro sd. Emailed the admin and he/she reassured me phone roots can cause this but to not be concerned. Going through the guide straight after i post this. Between the both of us hopefully i can get my phone working order and youtube playing again fingers crossed.

You can just go straight to using revolutionary pal, don't bother with the gold card :)

bish8

Jan 10, 2014
***I DID IT I FINALLY F'ING DID IT!***
:D

Now how do i go about uninstalling youtube to reinstall :confused:

Last edited:

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
***I DID IT I FINALLY F'ING DID IT!***
:D

Now how do i go about uninstalling youtube to reinstall :confused:

Congratulations :) download an app called root uninstaller. Use it to uninstall YouTube and then redownload from then play store :) if that still doesn't help try flashing cyanogenmod 7 and gapps and see if that improves any. Remember to make a nandroid back up from your custom recovery, as if anything goes wrong it is a life saver :)

bish8

Jan 10, 2014
Congratulations :) download an app called root uninstaller. Use it to uninstall YouTube and then redownload from then play store :) if that still doesn't help try flashing cyanogenmod 7 and gapps and see if that improves any. Remember to make a nandroid back up from your custom recovery, as if anything goes wrong it is a life saver :)

How do i make a back up from custom recovery?

Also steps or links of flashing cyanogenmod 7 /gapps would be brilliant.

Make it really easy for me please, literally how do i suck on this egg...

Thanks for sticking around helping me out btw

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
How do i make a back up from custom recovery?

Also steps or links of flashing cyanogenmod 7 /gapps would be brilliant.

Make it really easy for me please, literally how do i suck on this egg...

Thanks for sticking around helping me out btw

Ok watch this video for making a back-up, remember that when you are in the recovery you need to use the trackball to select and push it in to confirm. just do as i do ;)

then download this CM7 and this gapps.

then place the onto your sdcard in whatever way you prefer and reboot back into recovery.

then watch this video

and that will be you sorted pal :)
@bish8 post updated

Last edited:

bish8

Jan 10, 2014
Heavy metal you been an absolute star, the only guy bothering to help me out with this. Managed to root my phone and got me interested in making customisation to it in the future, il probably start with the background as it looks boring :good: Also sorting out a backup is a true necessity anyways and the vids a time saver.

However what i have just found out to my dismay would be that youtube doesn't send for updates automatically and doesn't tell you about it when you really need to either. So it wasn't a bug at all. On the plus side i have a root software, back up and an sd card...:victory:

Signing off til the next time my phone stops working.

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Heavy metal you been an absolute star, the only guy bothering to help me out with this. Managed to root my phone and got me interested in making customisation to it in the future, il probably start with the background as it looks boring :good: Also sorting out a backup is a true necessity anyways and the vids a time saver.

However what i have just found out to my dismay would be that youtube doesn't send for updates automatically and doesn't tell you about it when you really need to either. So it wasn't a bug at all. On the plus side i have a root software, back up and an sd card...:victory:

Signing off til the next time my phone stops working.

I'm glad your all sorted out pal :) I've found that this wildfire forum in its day was a hive of activity with plenty of people dev'ing and helping each other out, but as she gets older the people leave. I'm happy to help out here as this is where I was helped first and show the kindness to combat my noob questions. Also a funny thing is that I only found xda and this forum and started all my interest in YouTube was because my wildfire had issues with the YouTube app on froyo! Best problem I ever had all things considered :) have a blast pal ;)

MarioR34

Jul 21, 2014
Hello

I diden't want to open new topic , because it' s a same or similar problem , my youtube app stop working , now it is on factory youtube app you can't delite fully from my htc wildfire and it says There is no network connection right now. please try again lather, before i install and uniustall without problem , i have wi fi network ( home network with modem who can transmit wi fi ) . This is copy /paste what i write on google play in youtube app in comentary sectio.

It's been a month now , maybe more and still i can't see youtube application on my HTC Willdfire on Google play , i can see it on web (mobile phone) but cant do nothing with it . Three or four update ago everything was fine until app started to crash on mobile phone , i unistall it , try to install it but device isen't compatible with your device ? Like i mention it before now i can't see it at all on google play or play store whatever you call it .On my tablet it's work fine with some minor problem with network . 1. Fix network connection problem , (my wi fi works fine ) 2. Make it movable to SD card . 3 Direct copy link for sharing. 4 .The possibility of playing in the background. still no youtube app for htc wildfire

So ,must i root my phone or there is some other way , i don't wanna brick it i'm new at this , i tried some root unistaller app to completly unistall youtube app , but nothing ..... so please help :D

Last edited:

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Hello

I diden't want to open new topic , because it' s a same or similar problem , my youtube app stop working , now it is on factory youtube app you can't delite fully from my htc wildfire and it says There is no network connection right now. please try again lather, before i install and uniustall without problem , i have wi fi network ( home network with modem who can transmit wi fi ) . This is copy /paste what i write on google play in youtube app in comentary sectio.

It's been a month now , maybe more and still i can't see youtube application on my HTC Willdfire on Google play , i can see it on web (mobile phone) but cant do nothing with it . Three or four update ago everything was fine until app started to crash on mobile phone , i unistall it , try to install it but device isen't compatible with your device ? Like i mention it before now i can't see it at all on google play or play store whatever you call it .On my tablet it's work fine with some minor problem with network . 1. Fix network connection problem , (my wi fi works fine ) 2. Make it movable to SD card . 3 Direct copy link for sharing. 4 .The possibility of playing in the background. still no youtube app for htc wildfire

So ,must i root my phone or there is some other way , i don't wanna brick it i'm new at this , i tried some root unistaller app to completly unistall youtube app , but nothing ..... so please help :D

I think that Google has dropped support for the froyo version of android. Which means that you must either s-off your phone and flash a custom ROM on gingerbread or higher (guides in the general section) or buy a new device that has a newer android version. Or keep using it via web browser pal.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1145035 try this one first :)

EDIT.

nov 17 2010

You can just go straight to using revolutionary pal, don't bother with the gold card :)