[Q] Alarm Randomly Doesn't Work

Search This thread

Bracemg

May 3, 2010
Around one out of every five times, my alarm just doesn't work. I wake up (on my own) and 1) the phone is pretty hot, 2) an alert that says "Upcoming Alarm" has shown up in the pulldown menu, and 3) a time that is 20-30 min ahead of the alarm was supposed to go off shows up on the right hand side of the notification. Again, this only happens around 20-30% of the time, but it's already made me miss a few important engagements. And yes, I've tried deleting and resetting the alarm as well as making sure the volume is up. Nothing works. Please help!!

I attached a pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-20-08-39-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-20-08-39-59.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 30

Teksu

Jun 9, 2010
Around one out of every five times, my alarm just doesn't work. I wake up (on my own) and 1) the phone is pretty hot, 2) an alert that says "Upcoming Alarm" has shown up in the pulldown menu, and 3) a time that is 20-30 min ahead of the alarm was supposed to go off shows up on the right hand side of the notification. Again, this only happens around 20-30% of the time, but it's already made me miss a few important engagements. And yes, I've tried deleting and resetting the alarm as well as making sure the volume is up. Nothing works. Please help!!

I attached a pic.

Since google bought timely i have been using that with out issue. love the smart wake feature too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.bitspin.timely

Here's a link to the question and answers section of the moto x forum here at XDA for no reason at all...

http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa

someguyatx

Feb 7, 2012
Louisville
Hey Bracemg do you have anything disabled/frozen/greenified etc? I have a similar intermittent issue with silent sleeping mode in moto assist. I will probably have to do a factory reset soon, just holding out for 4.4.2 update first.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

D

Darth

Relying solely on your phone to wake you isn't the best idea....crap happens. ;)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...