[Q] [SOLVED] updating default apps

Search This thread

muhammad.uzi1994

Aug 15, 2013
hey all, i have a query, last week i ran an RUU 1.29.707.4 on my phone and it installed some default apps on my phone like 7Digital , now i understand that these default apps are necessary for applying OTA updates as OTA checks md5 sum of these default apps. but today, i checked PlayStore and there was an update available for the 7Digital app so i went ahead and updated it. My question is this : can this updated 7Digital app affect OTAs by failing the md5 checksum or does the md5 remain the same even after updating the app? i just updated the app via playstore, didnt rename, remove or move it. Thanks in advance :)

cr1960

May 15, 2007
Melbourne
hey all, i have a query, last week i ran an RUU 1.29.707.4 on my phone and it installed some default apps on my phone like 7Digital , now i understand that these default apps are necessary for applying OTA updates as OTA checks md5 sum of these default apps. but today, i checked PlayStore and there was an update available for the 7Digital app so i went ahead and updated it. My question is this : can this updated 7Digital app affect OTAs by failing the md5 checksum or does the md5 remain the same even after updating the app? i just updated the app via playstore, didnt rename, remove or move it. Thanks in advance :)

updating apps won't stop OTA. you can even add some apps if you like too.

Reactions: muhammad.uzi1994

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

updating apps won't stop OTA. you can even add some apps if you like too.
    ok, thanks, so it means i can update default apps that came with the RUU via playstore, it wont affect OTAs?

correct