Launcher

Search This thread

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
Who prefers a 3rd party launcher over TouchWiz what features do you miss out on?

I'm thinking I want to do Nova but I like some of the upgrades on this new touch wiz.
I'm a traditional Nova man though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app

composi

Jul 14, 2012
Who prefers a 3rd party launcher over TouchWiz what features do you miss out on?

I'm thinking I want to do Nova but I like some of the upgrades on this new touch wiz.
I'm a traditional Nova man though.

What features are you specifically worried about losing? The only thing I have noticed that didn't work with Nova Launcher is the "OK Google" voice command from the home screen...but then again, you might use something I don't...

karmuh

Jan 15, 2014
Orange County, NY
I'm using Nova and haven't noticed any TW features that are missing. Maybe that's just because I never used those said features, I don't know.

Br4nd3n

Sep 20, 2013
Ive used almost all the 3rd party launchers, including aviate beta. I enjoy Nova the best, and Apex second. Nova feels slightly more customizble than Apex and I am addicted to the gestures.

You shouldnt lose any of the TW features because its still the OS.. Nova is simply just a launcher. You can still access the primary phone settings with nova active.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
What features are you specifically worried about losing? The only thing I have noticed that didn't work with Nova Launcher is the "OK Google" voice command from the home screen...but then again, you might use something I don't...

What about toolbox and the pop up text messages?

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
I'm using Nova and haven't noticed any TW features that are missing. Maybe that's just because I never used those said features, I don't know.

I could always try and and see how I like it or go back if I want huh

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
Ive used almost all the 3rd party launchers, including aviate beta. I enjoy Nova the best, and Apex second. Nova feels slightly more customizble than Apex and I am addicted to the gestures.

You shouldnt lose any of the TW features because its still the OS.. Nova is simply just a launcher. You can still access the primary phone settings with nova active.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the advice