New update today Verizon OTA

Search This thread

cmraymond

Nov 3, 2011
Well, it wasn't Kitkat , still on 4.3, but maybe there's hope!! Anyone else get it?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

wuestsider

May 11, 2010
Rancho Cordova, CA
I also recieved the update (ND3), but still on 4.3. I can't find anything stating what the update actually is.

WUESTSIDER X!
Sent from my Mighty Galaxy Note 2

jpatt

Jan 14, 2011
Cleveland
Damn it that Knox crap. What's the point, I am stock. I can't even flash a Mod. Because I am root they knife me in the back.

Tell me there's no way back except ODIN back.

nbock01

Dec 19, 2007
Added ability to roam on telus network. Got it last night. Also freaking patches the kernel so the saferoot method no longer works :(

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

PuffJr2

May 4, 2013
it's probably just a way for them to try and lock the phone back down before the 4.4 release.

mattymo

May 29, 2010
There's a pdf you can view before you download the update. it lists an update for Galaxy Gear, improvements for wifi, maps, voicemail notifications, bunch of other crap. comes with amazon appstore preloaded. im not rooted so i guess i'll go ahead and download it lol.

PuffJr2

May 4, 2013
theyve been killing root with every update. id be more surprised if they allowed root to stay.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using XDA Free mobile app

thebat1

Oct 27, 2010
not going to take it

I keep getting bugged to do the OTA..
I don't want it...
I guess I need to start a new thread and find out how to stop the OTA if I am not rooted.

So the numbers did not change? I am on 4.3 now...

doctor-cool

Jan 24, 2009
I got the message to update today so pulled the battery.

I don't want it...
I guess I need to start a new thread and find out how to stop the OTA if I am not rooted.

The only thing I care about is My free WiFi Hot Spot.
The last update KILLED my free FoxFi hot spot. But I was able to get it to work again by

(1) turning the phone off,
(2) removed the SIM card,
(3) retried FoxFi, without the SIM card, That got me passed Verizon's Subscription Check and Allowed FoxFi to install a security certificate.
(4) turned the phone back off and reinstalled the SIM card.
(5) turned the phone back on and my FREE WiFi Hot Spot has been working every since.

Could someone that has already taken the latest update try this and let me know if it will work ?

only_humann

Feb 5, 2014
Update and root.

Just wanted to say, I was rooted running the stock rom and I took the OTA update this morning. I still have root access according to Super SU and Root Explorer. I have no idea about Foxfi, I don't use it.

I just downloaded and installed FoxFi, and while I'll admit I'm not familiar with the app, I got it set up on my phone and was able to connect and surf the web on my sons tablet. I didn't have to use the steps in the post above though. Hope that helps?

Last edited:

doctor-cool

Jan 24, 2009
Please tell me.

Good I rooted and installed another rom before this update!!

What version were you at when you installed another rom. I'm at Verizon stock 4.3 now and have not taken the latest update on 5/14/2014 . Is it possible for me to root and install another rom ?

Last edited:

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
What version were you at when you installed another rom. I'm at Verizon stock 4.3 now and have not taken the latest update on 5/14/2014 . Is it possible for me to root and install another rom ?

the only way that I understand on flashing a new rom <touchjizz only> is using hashcode's safestrap after rooting, I have no idea how to go about this though, I'm still unlocked on 4.1.2 bootloader running an AOSP rom, lol. knock on wood my phone won't screw up and I have to warranty it out for a "brand new" <insert refurbished> stock 4.3 Note II.

emsed1

Jun 13, 2011
4.3 OTA

I don't want it...

I believe this was only a small change to allow roaming on Telus in Canada. :(

mrraya

Dec 12, 2012
there was another thread started verizon screwed up aparently you can odin back to the previous mj9 to regain root from the new update big red sent out can we say loophole the original post is in the main topics for galaxy note 2 i dont know how true it is but there was a "yes it worked" in the comments.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update and root.

Just wanted to say, I was rooted running the stock rom and I took the OTA update this morning. I still have root access according to Super SU and Root Explorer. I have no idea about Foxfi, I don't use it.

I just downloaded and installed FoxFi, and while I'll admit I'm not familiar with the app, I got it set up on my phone and was able to connect and surf the web on my sons tablet. I didn't have to use the steps in the post above though. Hope that helps?
    This update its very telling. A simple roaming fix that also kills root. Looking like my last samsung phone and maybe the end of VZ for me.
    The only thing I care about is My free WiFi Hot Spot.

Could someone that has already taken the latest update try this and let me know if it will work ?

So far I have not taken the update.. Sorry I cant help you.. :(
    thanks this is what I am reading.. YEA!!!:good:

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

What did you do? Do tell

Follow this link

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024207&nocache=1

download the file for the stock image for VRUEMJ9 4.3 along with SCH-I605_16gb.Pit

Follow the directions to use odin with the stock image and the pit file to roll back your phone from the most current ota update to the previous 4.3 version and then run SafeRoot from this link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758