Guys... which is good Sensation or SAMSUNG Galaxy SII?

Search This thread

sam razzy

Oct 12, 2011
Ma sweet home
Guys I just want to know which is the best device to go for next? SGSII OR SENSATION? what say?

Sent from my device using Tapatalk

theking_13

Dec 20, 2011
Florida
It would be more logical if you asked between the Amaze and the SGS2, since the Sensation is older. Anyways, I prefer the Amaze because of the higher pixel density. The SAMOLED+ is great, but a 4.5 inch screen with 480x800? Ill pass.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

Reactions: sam razzy

Ex()rcizm

Mar 15, 2012
Sunshine Coast
It honestly depends on what your looking for

If you like the sensation UI or Touchwiz UI, whether you want the extra horsepower or not, etc

I own a Galaxy S2, and I LOVE the thing to death!
It is EXTREMELY HARD to break it via flashing ROMS and Firmware, it has lots of support, it's powerful, has ICS support already, and has many benefits over the Sensation IMHO, the screen is better too, I played with a sensation and it felt laggy and slow at the Telstra store, even when I tweaked it a bit, everyone is going to have different opinions, but so far Samsung have won my vote

(I use to own a HTC Desire and HTC G1 (Dream))
and I prefer Samsung at the moment :)

I will be getting the Galaxy S III! :D

Reactions: sam razzy
i own both sgs2 and a sensation, after using sensation for about a week i gave it to my wife and went back to s2. It's heavy and the screen is narrow and a few other things i didnt like about it. As far as sense goes i got over it in a week.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using xda premium

masands

Apr 15, 2010
Yeah I agree the screen on the Sensation is stupidly narrow...I just cannot type on this thing (I actually had to download a iPhone default keyboard so I can type).

But I think the Sensation becomes a much better phone than the GS2 with the official ICS. On GB, the GS2 destroys the Sensation is terms of speed and smoothness, but on ICS its more or less even.

I mean seriously, do you want to buy a phone from a company than makes washing machines...or do you want to buy a phone from a company that invented the first touch screen smartphone? :D

And the end of the day as long as its not an iPhone or WP7 buy what you wish! :)

andrewluecke

Jul 11, 2010
Honestly, I just switched from the i9000 to the Sensation XE recently, and you'd be crazy to buy a Samsung. Nothing on the i9000 worked properly, and one thing I learnt from the experience is that because Samsung develops a wide range of electronics, they will select inhouse electronics which clearly aren't designed well, over competitors whenever possible. (Just a short list, it was incredibly laggy, GPS was useless, their OS used too much ram, and the system reserved too much ram, and there wasn't near enough to actually use the phone without it crashing, it would crash regularly when browsing, etc). Oh, and then my flash memory died (like every other i9000's, and the flash seems to be a Samsung component).

That isn't likely to change. I now own a Sensation XE, and the only problem is occasionally reception. Just remember that the main problems with the Galaxy i9000s weren't immediately evident. HTC might be the better choice, because, HTC isn't a hardware company, so isn't forced to use controllers which are crap (ie, ones designed possibly designed inhouse) simply to avoid embarrassment.

Honestly, with the i9000's, there should be a class action lawsuit. The only good thing about them is that they were unbreakable

munkyvirus

Dec 21, 2010
Minnesota
I'd stick with a Sensation over a Amaze. Amaze has a 1.5 dual-core and worse battery life. Only differences. Get a Sensation.

swift2fly

Aug 9, 2011
check out my bench mark results.

I have the regular Sensation

Attachments

• screenshot-1331968646670.jpg
    screenshot-1331968646670.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 364
  • screenshot-1331968892897.jpg
    screenshot-1331968892897.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 320

leftheodo

Feb 14, 2010
lolx OP comparing a new device with a old device.

The Sensation and the GS 2 are the same generation phones! They were introduced in early 2011 (mwc) and released about 2 months later (in Europe the gs2 was released earlier than sensation)! So what are you talking about?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

Ex()rcizm

Mar 15, 2012
Sunshine Coast
i own both sgs2 and a sensation, after using sensation for about a week i gave it to my wife and went back to s2. It's heavy and the screen is narrow and a few other things i didnt like about it. As far as sense goes i got over it in a week.

"after using sensation for about a week i gave it to my wife and went back to s2"

Yet underneath your comment it says

"Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using xda premium"

HAHAHAHA XD

"after using sensation for about a week i gave it to my wife and went back to s2"

HAHAHAHA XD

Thats right gave it to the wife not sold it or destroyed it. When i did that post i was using my wifes phone.

Lets just keep it to the point, give ur views and ur expriences to help this guy decide which phone he wants to buy.

There is no need for littlr detective comments or starting samsung/htc war.

If you want to start android/apple war im with you. LOL

Sent from my GT-P7500 using XDA Premium HD app

Ex()rcizm

Mar 15, 2012
Sunshine Coast

HAHAHAHA XD

Thats right gave it to the wife not sold it or destroyed it. When i did that post i was using my wifes phone.

Lets just keep it to the point, give ur views and ur expriences to help this guy decide which phone he wants to buy.

Haha, yeah i'm with you too on an Android vs Apple war =D
I'm not nit picking at you or anything, I was just pointing out something i found funny :p

Take it easy buddy :)

Reactions: theking_13

LilChinchster

Feb 18, 2012
Well I have Sensation XE and everything is stock and I absolutely love this phone, represents Android perfectly, not bashing Samsung here but touchwiz is a bit boring and too simple much like iOS (and I wonder why).
And as far as sense being a ram hog... Well good (better) things come at a cost so if you want something fun HTC is the way to go.
The aesthetics of the phone are amazing, feels like a proper phone in the hands and I absolutely love the back, the build quality is amazing as well. As far as death grip and issues of that sort go I haven't noticed much.
The display is amazing to and as far as the outside visibility goes I put my friends SGS2 along my XE and both were equally visible (same brightness). I'm not saying sAMOLED+ isn't a good display but there isn't much difference outdoors.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HAHAHAHA XD
    It would be more logical if you asked between the Amaze and the SGS2, since the Sensation is older. Anyways, I prefer the Amaze because of the higher pixel density. The SAMOLED+ is great, but a 4.5 inch screen with 480x800? Ill pass.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
    It honestly depends on what your looking for

If you like the sensation UI or Touchwiz UI, whether you want the extra horsepower or not, etc

I own a Galaxy S2, and I LOVE the thing to death!
    It is EXTREMELY HARD to break it via flashing ROMS and Firmware, it has lots of support, it's powerful, has ICS support already, and has many benefits over the Sensation IMHO, the screen is better too, I played with a sensation and it felt laggy and slow at the Telstra store, even when I tweaked it a bit, everyone is going to have different opinions, but so far Samsung have won my vote

(I use to own a HTC Desire and HTC G1 (Dream))
    and I prefer Samsung at the moment :)

I will be getting the Galaxy S III! :D
    lolx OP comparing a new device with a old device.

HAHAHAHA XD

Haha, yeah i'm with you too on an Android vs Apple war =D
    I'm not nit picking at you or anything, I was just pointing out something i found funny :p

Take it easy buddy :)