Search This thread

rob8178

Nov 7, 2012
You can flash it with clock work just like you would flash a rom

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

vseslija

Jun 11, 2009
Vancouver
Yeah that would be great but if I download the file from the link does it not have to be converted so its no longer an odin file but one cwm would recogize?

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app

vseslija

Jun 11, 2009
Vancouver
Ok so i Rooted my phone and decided to go with TWRP.
When I download this file can I flash it the same way I would flash a ROM?
I flashed jedi x and my signal is horrible barely getting anything. Thanks for the help!!

williamrazmy

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Are there any roms specifically made for t889v? Not the t-mobile t889, but just for Canadian version.

I'm just wondering because we don't get some of the features like wifi calling because that's through t-mobile but is it possible to get it on t889v

verifiedsub

Mar 3, 2012
Cambridge
Are there any roms specifically made for t889v? Not the t-mobile t889, but just for Canadian version.

I'm just wondering because we don't get some of the features like wifi calling because that's through t-mobile but is it possible to get it on t889v

No it isn't possible.. our service providers dont give us the capability of wifi calling.. I think there are third party apps that do that but not entirely sure about that..

Sent from my SGH-T889V using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

But jedi X is based solely for the t889 and the t889v so yes there are ROMs specifically for t889v

Sent from my SGH-T889V using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: williamrazmy

sidmuer

Sep 7, 2011
I've got a windmobile T889V note 2.
I am now on virgin mobile which offers LTE.
I know the tmobile modem offers LTE now.
I am also aware that it can corrupt IMEI and put me in a boot loop if I flash a tmobile modem.

But, is it 100% that it will do this, or just a chance?
If it does, can I flash the modem back? Or do something to recover?

And if it will do this error 100%, what can I do, short of buying an at&t model, to enable LTE on this Windmobile T889V note 2?

thank you.

verifiedsub

Mar 3, 2012
Cambridge
I am also aware that it can corrupt IMEI and put me in a boot loop if I flash a tmobile modem.

And if it will do this error 100%, what can I do, short of buying an at&t model, to enable LTE on this Windmobile T889V note 2?

thank you.

DO NOT INSTALL ANY MODEMS ON A WIND MOBILE PHONE. PERIOD.. IF YOU DO YOU WILL CURRUPT IMEI 100%.there is no fix for us with wind phones I had to send mine to the states to Jtag repairs for it to get fixed.. I tried everything to fix the imei.. but none of the solutions that work for other models of the phone would work for out t889v models.. please do not install any modems on your phone or your phone will be an expensive paperweight. .

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: vseslija

sofia-captivate

Mar 7, 2011
Vancouver
DO NOT INSTALL ANY MODEMS ON A WIND MOBILE PHONE. PERIOD.. IF YOU DO YOU WILL CURRUPT IMEI 100%.there is no fix for us with wind phones I had to send mine to the states to Jtag repairs for it to get fixed.. I tried everything to fix the imei.. but none of the solutions that work for other models of the phone would work for out t889v models.. please do not install any modems on your phone or your phone will be an expensive paperweight. .

What about on Mobilicity phone?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

sofia-captivate

Mar 7, 2011
Vancouver
Can someone please help me i download the jex x15 rom and before that i downlaod carbon rom that made my phone t889 and my phone is suppose to be t889v cause thats what it says on box. so can i still flash this? i use mobilicity provider

vseslija

Jun 11, 2009
Vancouver
Oh that doesnt matter after I flashed x15 my phone also says its t889 but I know its t889v. That happens its fine. Your phone is still t889v no matter what. Before you flash x15 make sure to do a full wipe. Also when you are installing x15 select option to Retain modem. Do not flash any of the modems on the list.

Sent from SGH-T889v Canadian Wind Mobile

verifiedsub

Mar 3, 2012
Cambridge
* * * * * * * * * *Greetings, all!
We on the Council and deviant development team have been speaking with Ptmr3 as of late, and real life is pushing him very, very hard right now.* As a result, we’ve suggested to him, and he has accepted, that he should probably back off of all of his work on XDA for a bit.* We would MUCH rather see him take a break for a while than burn out and just walk away.*
As a result, updates will be few and far between for a while, and the Council and DD team, as well as the other members of these threads, I am confident will jump in and help any and every way they can.* This is the essence of the Jedi spirit.
Ptmr3 , and we as the Council, appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding in this matter.
SJH aka Verifiedsub
Deviant Development Prospect, and council memeber..

subaron

Feb 14, 2012
Sorry for reviving a super old post.
I have a unlocked Windmobile T889V running CM12.1 ROM. I want to use my phone with T-Mobile USA to get LTE speeds. What is the best/safest way to install T-Mobile (T889) modem on my phone to enable the LTE bands?

I want to avoid the IMEI erase or bootloop issues that I have read about on this thread.

verifiedsub

Mar 3, 2012
Cambridge
Unfortunately you cannot install any other modems on a wind mobile phone.. secondly a wind mobile phone if not capable of reaching typical LTE speeds. Highest you will most likely get is 7 to 9 Mbs. You can use other carriers with the phone but you cannot get true LTE speeds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910W8 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Canadian T889V

Many people have mentioned bad reception/ service/ speed while using some of the tmobile ROMs on the board. This will fix that.

ONLY FLASH THIS TO INCREASE SPEED IN THE 888V. IF YOU ARE ON TMOBILE STAY AWAY FROM THAT LINK
    Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sus8dkjs4aae26l

Thank You verifiedsub for testing, verifying the fix and the mirror
    Added to the OP. If you dont have tge 889V, dont flash the 889V modem
    Link in OP no longer works... any mirror?

Give me a few and ill provide link till op is updated.. ptmr is just chillaxin for the moment he will be back to cooking in the next few days..

**EDIT** here u go bro.. till ptmr3 updates op.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sus8dkjs4aae26l

Sent from my T889v Note2 On 》Jedi X《 using Xda Premium HD! thanks to the amazing work of Ptmr3!!!
    Help used this on tmo usa getting boot loop help

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

thank you.