[ROM][Kernel][Bootloader] OUYA EPRJ Kernel 3.4.37, OUYA-Enhanced rom, repacked image

Search This thread

nchantmnt

Jan 26, 2012
Head over to kholks thread and ask for it. it should be possible in theory but with so many different models of webcams out there it might me too tricky. But like I said. Ask over at our forum. Kholk should know best about that.

Gesendet von meinem One X+ mit Tapatalk

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX
i almost booted for me haha i fastboot flashed your 0.1c repack because im also on the newest ota and it rebooted to the eternity BL a couple times then got to the little ouya boot screen and then decided to reboot back to the eternity BL, so i let it try again and it was just a black screen haha sooo i unplugged it to let it cool down a bit and ill report back if i make it past the boot screen later

cronikman84

Dec 8, 2012
Holyoke
so hello everyone,

as i promised here are the repacks for stock rom
repacked with ramdisk for version 1.2.771

version 0.1c
older versions:

the location will be changed later so see this as a temporary download link.
all the thanks for this work goes to kholk of course.
for directions on how to use it and what may go wrong, read the dedicated thread over at eternityproject forum.
there's a link in the op.

Why is there 2 repacks? which one of the 2 do i use on stock ouya rom?

tarvoke

Mar 8, 2011
Slightly Outside America
Head over to kholks thread and ask for it. it should be possible in theory but with so many different models of webcams out there it might me too tricky. But like I said. Ask over at our forum. Kholk should know best about that.

most inexpensive webcams are using uvcvideo.ko module. it even works in stock ouya kernels (although ouya framework doesn't seem to give any userspace access to it. - i.e. ouya framework does not see it as built-in camera.)

with stock ouya, I had no problem seeing video using a couple different free webcam apps from google store. this was with 2 different webcams, one was a fairly standard cheap type; the other was one of the endoscope/snake type. both used uvc video driver.

I did try to get them working with several different VoIP apps (in their settings, many of such apps allow you to select audio in, audio out, and video device - from a pulldown menu) - but all of those apps crashed right after starting so I could not verify.

the other problem is supporting usb microphone/headphone - stock ouya most definitely does not (I tested with a generic linux compatible device.) but should not be so much of a problem with EP kernel, since, again, the driver for most of these is supported/generic (but may possibly require CM framework instead of ouya stock or stockplus framework)

nchantmnt

Jan 26, 2012
update for now: i'll keep on making repacks but will not publish the them here anymore, but over at our forum.
I'll still keep you up2date but that will be rather basic updates.
i'd prefere all discussion over at our forum to keep everything in one place - else reports, questions and so on might get lost.

forum link in the op

regards

edit:

thread for repacked bootimages created here

may be added to OP

Last edited:
Reactions: realhuh and tarvoke

nchantmnt

Jan 26, 2012
From tpl bootloader menu just do "fastboot flash boot kernel.img" where kernel.img is to be replaced with actual name.
Please read instructions in download thread.

Last edited:

cronikman84

Dec 8, 2012
Holyoke
From tpl bootloader menu just do "fastboot flash boot kernel.img" where kernel.img is to be replaced with actual name.
Please read instructions in download thread.

i did follow the instructions, i think it has something to do with my new OUYA cause i just flashed the repacked kernel into my second OUYA from april 2013 and it booted right away, no issues, never got a restart maybe 1 flicker and that's about it... So i might have to start from scratch on my new OUYA and see what happens... Thanks for trying to help tho :good:

nchantmnt

Jan 26, 2012
Can you take a look over at ep forum and post which chip revisions you have and which one can handle the kernel?

Reactions: Sensational_

nchantmnt

Jan 26, 2012
Ok great. For now kholk seems to be the only one with cpu process 3 :)

cronikman84

Dec 8, 2012
Holyoke
Ok great. For now kholk seems to be the only one with cpu process 3 :)

yeah, i was hoping that my older OUYA from april was going to say cpu process 3 but NO..I wonder if kholk OUYA is one of the first backers console or is it one of the newer ones?... i'm gonna have to ask him some time.

Last edited:

cronikman84

Dec 8, 2012
Holyoke
Install this Kernel is not so safe!! Be careful!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There's nothing to worry about, that's why the EP bootloader is there for, to prevent bricking your OUYA, i'm guessing you haven't flashed it yet and that's why your talking non-sense, you shouldn't be scarring people like that, all people have to do is follow the instructions and your good to go, if anything real bad goes wrong (which you will have to be a very special individual for something real bad to happen) the EP bootloader allows you to be able to recover and get the OUYA back to working order... You should DO SOME RESEARCH before warning about false info...

darkknight1812

May 28, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I have a wild idea for why this kernel is having problems for most people. The heatsink is only attached to the board in three places and by unconventional means (solder joints?) It is possible that the heatsink is not sitting right on the die causing the apu to overheat. This also could explain why some ouyas are okay and some are not (manufactor process). I know there is a mod to add a copper shim to it. Also, has anyone tried the noctua fan mod? I have one in mine and it is quiet and cool.
Sorry for not posting to the other forum, but I have yet to create an account. Feel free to copy paste this into the other forum. I plan on creating an account soon,just so busy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kernel:
    EternityProject Kernel 3.4.37 for OUYA (CPU 2GHz - GPU 650MHz)
    Suitable for StockPlus Rom 1.0.519r2

You will also need EPRJ bootloader:
    EternityProject TPL Bootloader for OUYA

nchantmnt said:
    Kholk's kernel is designed to be used with StockPlus Rom 1.0.519r2.
    If you decide to use it with another rom there might/will be unpredictable issues like no access to internal storage and many more.
    The Images here are created to fix this problem.
    Only use them for the firmware-version they are designed for and of course only if you know what you are doing.
    If you want use kernel with the newest rom:

Repacked Bootimages - EternityProject Kernel 3.4.37 for OUYA

For news go to the EPRJ forum :good:

New rom for OUYA from nchantmnt is here:
    [ROM] OUYA-Enhanced 0.1

nchantmnt said:
    based on latest official OTA (RC-OUYA-1.2.858-r1_ota)
    rooted & busyboxed
    deodexed & zipalinged
    Xposed-Framework, Playstore & Modcollection comes preloaded
    slightly themed
    no boot.img, nor recovery.img in this one! read isntructions ;)
    some minor tweaks
    so hello everyone,

as i promised here are the repacks for stock rom
    repacked with ramdisk for version 1.2.771

head over here for repackes boot images.

all the thanks for this work goes to our main developer kholk of course ;)
    Good news so far. I'll have a new ROM in the making and should be able to publish it today or tomorrow.
    But to be honest: nothing fancy yet. Just progressing where stockplus rom was put on halt.

I'll post link here as son as it's up on our forum :D

update for now: i'll keep on making repacks but will not publish the them here anymore, but over at our forum.
    I'll still keep you up2date but that will be rather basic updates.
    i'd prefere all discussion over at our forum to keep everything in one place - else reports, questions and so on might get lost.

forum link in the op

regards

edit:

thread for repacked bootimages created here

may be added to OP
    Good news, even thou I will not bring you cm11 kernel I can at least tell you that kholk might continue his work as I will do with mine.

News will be spread over @ EP first of course. Will keep you up2date of course.
    About latest repack...got to get at my PC later. Don't know when exactly, but its ready to be uploaded...

Edit:
    repack of ep-kernel for latest stockrom (1.2.1084):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz6hjToYRU1kOU9mV1ZXTGFQbjQ/edit?usp=sharing
    (caution: this is a temporary link ... seem to have some problems with our server)