[q] ota update

Search This thread

alrojas

Apr 18, 2013
Hi,

The OTA Update depends on carriers?
My current carrier is MOVISTAR PERU, so when I'll unlock my phone. I will be receive the updates from motorola?
Or I won't recieve any updates from any one.

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
Hi,

The OTA Update depends on carriers?
My current carrier is MOVISTAR PERU, so when I'll unlock my phone. I will be receive the updates from motorola?
Or I won't recieve any updates from any one.

If you mean, unlock the bootloader..then this has NOTHING to do with carrier..unlocking the Sim..I cannot image why either..if a carrier branded device is carrier unlocked and the device remains on that same carrier, then the device will continue to receive OTA's..it's when carriers are switch with the device, is when one MAY NOT receive the OTA because of the carrier/device relationship...

sent by my 4.1.2_98.72.16
XT912 Droid RAZR Maxx

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
If you mean, unlock the bootloader..then this has NOTHING to do with carrier..unlocking the Sim..I cannot image why either..if a carrier branded device is carrier unlocked and the device remains on that same carrier, then the device will continue to receive OTA's..it's when carriers are switch with the device, is when one MAY NOT receive the OTA because of the carrier/device relationship...

sent by my 4.1.2_98.72.16
XT912 Droid RAZR Maxx

The carrier doesn't matter. The BL being unlocked doesn't matter.

Ota updates always come from Motorola, never the carrier. Even an unactivated phone with no Sim/carrier will still continue to receive ota updates if connected to Wi-Fi.