[ROM][WWE] LantisOS [v4.01 ONLINE|5.x PRIVATE|-END-]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
dansblackcat, Reefermattness, freco, AllTheWay, anubis23, fhk, alxnet, in2vnyl, venelar, Jazz8, scotchua, gikoz, p50kombi-- thanks for the coffee!

FUTURE BUILDS WILL NOW BE PRIVATE. THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!

Looking for the 4.01 link? Release post will be here

Updating the thread-- if you're looking for versions 1.00-3.01 it's here

Check the 2nd post on how to install the ROM (specially for AT&T and Navigon users)/ROM fixes/Additional requested cabs

General ROM Features/Specs:
  • Raphael "VANILLA" ROM based from Raphael HTC Build 5.05
  • 16MB PagePool
  • HSUPA/HSDPA Enabled
  • various graphics/GPS/cache optimizations
  • YouTube and Facebook Upload (2.01 up)
  • Manila with QuartzHD contacts Tab (RC1)
  • Manila with QuartzHD contacts Tab and Blackstone stocks tab (RC2 with stocks and patch for 3.01 versions and above)
  • CFC compressed Manila by ChainFire (3.01 and above)

Application List:
  • Internet Explorer 6
  • Java JBED
  • Total Commander
  • Bubble Breaker
  • Solitaire
  • Teeter
  • Internet Sharing
  • Messenger
  • Opera
  • Remote Desktop Connection
  • Windows Live
  • YouTube
  • HTC Album
  • HTC Audio Booster
  • HTC Camera
  • HTC FM Radio
  • Streaming Media
  • Windows Media Player
  • Google Maps
  • GPS Test
  • QuickGPS
  • Bluetooth Explorer
  • File Explorer with File Extension plugin
  • SIM Manager
  • SPB Calculator
  • Voice Recorder
  • Fabliv's Action Screen
  • xcsdm PTT button support (3.01 versions and above)

Last edited:

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
How to Flash this ROM

If you don't know what is HardSPL, STOP! You need to read this before you continue. This ROM is only for GSM devices. For CDMA ROMs, look here.

I release my ROM in flashable microSD format, mainly because:

• To prevent newbies just running an .exe file without knowing what it is
  • Less space in the compress release
  • microSD flashing is the SAFEST way to flash.

Can't wait? on to flashing!

• What You Need

• Zip or 7zip extractor for the compress file. You can download 7zip here
    • USB cable if flashing from ActiveSync
    • CustomRUU Wrapper (download it here) if flashing from ActiveSync
    • microSD formatted to FAT32 if flashing via (micro)SD method

• Flashing via ActiveSync

- Make sure your battery level is above 50%, or the flash will not continue!
    - BACKUP ALL THE CONTACTS/FILES YOU NEED!
    • extract RAPHIMG.NBH from the compressed file, rename it to RUU_Signed.nbh
    • put the RUU_Signed.nbh on the location where you've put the CustomRUU Wrapper.
    • Connect your Touch Pro/Fuze to your PC via USB cable.
    • ActiveSync should run and connect your device. Wait for the icon to turn GREEN.
    • Run the Custom RUU Wrapper and follow the steps on the screen

• Flashing via (micro)SD Method

- Make sure your microSD card is formatted to FAT32, or else your Touch Pro/Fuze won't detect the file.
    - at least have around 40% of battery. I've done it with 23%, but just to be safe, make sure you have enough juice left :)
    - BACKUP ALL THE CONTACTS/FILES YOU NEED!
    • extract RAPHIMG.NBH from the compressed file and put it to your SD
    • Do a HARD RESET
      • with your stylus, press the RESET button while holding down the VOLUMN DOWN button and ENTER button. It should go to diagnostics (rainbow screen) mode.
      • release the RESET button, but continue holding the VOLUMN DOWN and ENTER button until you see "This operation will delete all your personal data..."
      • press VOLUME UP button to hard reset.
    • while resetting, press VOLUMN DOWN button to go back to diagnostics (rainbow screen) mode.
    • if done correctly and your microSD is formatted to FAT32, it should say "Loading..." or else you will just see the rainbow screen.
    • Press POWER button to flash your ROM and wait for it to finish. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR BATTERY!
    • When the flash finishes, press the RESET button. DONE!

UC Ready ROM

- this ROM is UC ready. What is UC? Check it here.
- NOTE TO NAVIGON USERS: If you are using your Navigon SD to flash and setup UC, you need to rename the 2577 directory first otherwise UC will not work correctly (thanks urys)

For AT&T Fuze Users

- screwed hardware keyboard? Download the fix below (see post attachment) or download it here
- to setup your connection problems:

• Download AllTheWay's AT&T Settings Cab from here (Thanks AllTheWay)
  • On Start->Settings->Tab "Connections"->Connections->Manage Existing Connections->Tab "Proxy Settings", uncheck "This network uses a proxy server to connect to internet"
  • On Start->Settings->Tab "Connections"->Connections->Tab "Advanced"->Select Network, change both pulldowns to "Media Net" (Thanks Reefermattness)

If you still have some problems (weather in TouchFlo3d not updating), try this (thanks AlienHairball):

• On Start->Settings->Tab "Connections"->Connections->Tab "Advanced"->Select Network, change both pulldowns to "My ISP"
  • if you edit "My ISP" make sure it's on "Auto" instead instead of either "My ISP GPRS" or "ATT GPRS"
  • On Start->Settings->Tab "Connections"->Advanced Network->Tab "HSDPA/HSUPA"->make sure that "Enable HSDPA/HSUPA" is set

Requested Cab Section

Applications

Others

Last edited:

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
I know, I know, I'm supposed to quit-- but the new base is soo tempting to cook :)

PRIVATE BETA for the moment. I want to hear first from the users of my ROM before (you know who you are and I know who you are, send me the pm for the link!).

Let's keep this thread clean and learn from mcmexican's post.

Canadian users, I've removed the rilphone mod for a while, sorry. I need to know if it will work with this one (reg entries not enabled yet). If not, then I'll cook it in again if there are no difference in call quality.

PRIVATE BETA 2 Link : MediaFire. Same password as BETA 1. Changes from BETA 1 are:

• Changed Opera to a new build (15545) as the other one has a duplicate launch bug
  • Added zoom in Opera from g2tl
  • changed GPS settings and drivers
  • changed video drivers
  • changed some service loading timings
  • removed Butler
  • (I forgot) removed YouTube link in Internet Tab

This will be the release (plus cleaning of Windows, still lots of files to remove) for 4.00. I'm still considering releasing a loaded ROM, what's in my head right now is:

• dotFred's Task Manager
  • Butler or dredSensor
  • Music ID
  • PIM BackUp
  • Diamond Tweak or Config
  • MortPlayer
  • Adobe Acrobat
  • wMRegOptimizer

still considering:

• Worldcard Mobile
  • RSS Hub
  • Sprite Backup

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
LantisOS Build History

Build History

v. 1.00 to 3.01 history is here

Lantis OS 21009 AKU 1.5.0 v4.01 FINAL (RELOADED)

21009 XIP and 20931/20954/21009 SYS. This is reloaded, because it's almost the same as 4.00 but using 1.95 as the base. Also FINAL unless bugs are found as next build will be very different. No file overwrite problems anymore :)

• [REMOVED] VOIP Internet Sharing-- cab is available for this :)
  • [REMOVED] Power Tab menu (Power Information is currently crippled in 5.05)
  • [REMOVED] BootLoader-- again to remove redundant services
  • [BACK] base from HTC 1.95 ATT Build
  • [BACK] drivers from 5.05 Raphael build
  • [BACK] Windows Live + Messenger 10.6.46.800
  • [NEW] Faster TF3D with HD Contacts (CFC) with reduced language files (about 600+ files removed)
  • [NEW] Youtube with Program Guide thanks to whc
  • [NEW] VolumeControl with Youtube overlay thanks to whc
  • [NEW] Opera Build 15445 with Zoom
  • [NEW] Long Press End Key manila-like skin
  • [NEW] ConnectionSetup from TouchPro 2 dump
  • [NEW] Updated a lot of OEM to 5.05 (too many to mention)

Download : 4Shared | MegaUpload | RapidShare | FileDropper

Thanks to venelar, crying and darth maximus for the mirror.

Last edited:

tinuz97

May 26, 2008
OnePlus 5
Hi sabre,good to see you cook a new rom again.
A question: is it based on the new 'official' htc rom floating around here?,if yes,do you have also that bug from youtube app?
When i am trying lower the volume it does not work,with and without headphone :confused:
It stays on high volume .
And if you need a tester i am willing to help if you can use that (i am rom flash addict) :p

Last edited:

ramontrotman

Retired Moderator
Mar 5, 2006
brooklyn
no pointless posts in this thread.

no - im downloading now...

no - this rom is amazing....

no - rza i love you

NO POINTLESS POSTS IN THIS THREAD.

consider yourselves warned!

edit: side note....feel free to tell me how much you love me. It makes me glow ;)

Last edited:

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
Hi sabre,good to see you cook a new rom again.
A question: is it based on the new 'official' htc rom floating around here?,if yes,do you have also that bug from youtube app?
When i am trying lower the volume it does not work,with and without headphone :confused:
It stays on high volume .
And if you need a tester i am willing to help if you can use that (i am rom flash addict) :p

I can't tell you since I didn't cook the YouTube app from the latest Raph ROM yet, I need to modify it again to clean the installation from \Windows.

For the testers Butler is modified and cooked in this ROM thanks to siggie1970. Currently swipe launcher is the only one enabled (swipe up and down on the left and right side of the capacitor sensor and you'll know). I'll be updating the Butler source code and put it on the next BETA build. Check out HKLM\Software\Butler for more settings :)

EDIT: and I'm only planning to implement the app launcher and the sip changer from Butler-- the face down lock I would imagine a lot of people would be annoyed (example is when reading in your bed)

Last edited:

dewhut

Aug 23, 2006
From VA to SC
i use to be a big tester over in the kaiser community til my usb port stopped working, and as of 2 weeks ago i've been a happy fuze owner, i'm willing to test this rom.

g2tl

Nov 27, 2007
Boston
RZA still makes some of the dopest beats!

-Anyways, the ROM passes my utterly useless test of GBA emulation--good framerate, no irrecoverable crash after a soft-reset (triggered when kfortouchpro isn't set to default).
-YouTube works fine, although HTC really needs to release some significant updates so the videos don't play at 10fps.
-Email and SMS work well without any noticeable bugs (i.e. nothing weird happened so far).
-Fixed Opera is a bit of problem. It has to do with the build, rather than your ROM. When launched from tf3d, it opens up with 2 tabs, whereas buttler-launch would have one tab. It lacks the zoom slider, which can be enabled with a reg tweak (but I forgot what it was). I personally like the transparent skin that someone implemented for 15202, so maybe if you could look into that, that'd be great. If I get a chance to, I'll test the skin.zip on the new version.
-Butler is great, but I found myself accidentally launching apps too often. You should try dredsensor, which does a lot of interest things. With dredsensor, I'm able to use PIE and Opera Mini in full screen mode by assigning the home and back buttons as left and right softkey. I also set long-clicks to launch stuff, which means I rarely (never, so far) launch anything accidentally.
All that is without my customizations (sdconfig.txt). So I'll report further if I see any incompatibility problems with the apps I use.

[Edit]
SDAutorun.exe doesn't initiate automatically.

[Edit 2]
I solved the Opera problem. Apply the provxml and use the skin included. Too lazy to make a cab file :p

Attachments

• opera9fix.zip
    290.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

TweakMyDevice

So far...

-seems faster to restart and boot up

-after quick gps, Gpstest took approx 1 min to get a 3D lock

-TomTom nav 7 lags approx 1 to 2 seconds approx 50% of the time, but is dead on accurate the other 50%

-Only had one small instance where I was typing a new sms and it booted me out of it and into the inbox (where it then brings up the quick menu instructions) and it put the message I was typing in in 'drafts'

-I like having Butler integrated! Never used it before and if it was installed in 3.01 I didn't realize it.

-I prefer the black dialer

I like it so far...seems faster overall. I flashed from sd card. Using quartz radio. I'll report back after more testing.

Thanks pfcsabre

ROM

my setup

FUZE, Radio quartz 1.11.25.01 (Radio that ships with the 5.05.405.1)

First played with base setup, no installed apps

could not break it/find any bugs, GPS fix was <1min, battery drain normal, no major memory leak, all base functions (incl landscape typing) working, GPS accurate, generally fast and responsive, only issue has been Opera opening two tabs when opened.

Then loaded it out

1. Adv config
2. Diamond/Tf3d tweak
3. Diamond TV
4. Starplayer
5. Resco Radio
6. Skyfire (8154)
7. PCMkeyboard
8. Yota Contacts/Dialer (TF3d skin)
9. GekoCal
10. Navipanel
11. HTC Zip
12. RSS
13. HTC footprints
14. SoftKey Manager
15. BCR worldcard
16. Adobe Le
17. Arcade
18. S2u2 1.42 TP skin
19. Finger Menu
20. TP Super Arcade

Did not experience any bugs, all apps functioned properly, a few things I noticed.

yota dialer was unresponsive to a phone button press on the stock ROM5.05.405.1 (periodically dialer would not load if phone button was pressed), on this ROM it functions fine.

You went to the small ezinput, I couldn't get the ST keyboard installed (it would install but bottom half of the keyboard graphics would be messed up). This occurs on pretty much every rom with the smaller ezinput (at least that I have tried), any chance you would go back to large ezinput?

gikoz

Oct 24, 2007
v4.00 PRIVATE BETA

Hi, nice to see you back again!
Running the v4.0 for about 5 houres and it seems very stable. Noticed the following:
- SDConfig does not initiate autonatically
- Video drivers seem to be slower than v 3.01. Used the coreplayer in both of them and the Benchmark that includes gives 159.72% for V4.0 and 185.44 for v 3.01.
Still testing!

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
seems 5.05 graphics drivers are not up to it... thanks gikoz :)

let me try the opera fix g2tl-- I initially tought the problem was from the new manila as launching opera via Butler is working fine. And, you can set the sensitivity of Butler so you won't be launching apps too often :p

The black skin will be on the final release, I'm just lazy to put it right now.

EzInput will be the small one as I checked most keyboard cab that is available is working on this release. EzInput and XT9 will be cleaned again to WWE for the final release.

Anything else? I'll cook the fix and put the link of the next build if it's ok.

g2tl

Nov 27, 2007
Boston
seems 5.05 graphics drivers are not up to it... thanks gikoz :)

let me try the opera fix g2tl-- I initially tought the problem was from the new manila as launching opera via Butler is working fine. And, you can set the sensitivity of Butler so you won't be launching apps too often :p

The black skin will be on the final release, I'm just lazy to put it right now.

EzInput will be the small one as I checked most keyboard cab that is available is working on this release. EzInput and XT9 will be cleaned again to WWE for the final release.

Anything else? I'll cook the fix and put the link of the next build if it's ok.

I was pretty sure the multi-tab bug was fixed, but after a few resets and installs, it's back :(
At least the zoom slider is there, and the buttons are half-transparent :D
Btw, I'm pretty sure it's not the newer manila that causes this, as 15202 doesn't have that issue.
Unless you come out with some major fixes, I'll probably stay with this beta.

Oh, one thing I did have problem with is sprite backup. I had to disable tf3d for the backup process to go through. Even so, the devices freezes on the reset after the backup. Another reset solves the problem though. Oddly enough, I've had this problem with a customized PROven 1.14a as well, so it may have more to do with one of the apps I installed than your ROM.

[Edit 2]

Uh, is it just me, or is the phone lock curtain missing?

Last edited:

g2tl

Nov 27, 2007
Boston
yup it's missing in 5.05 Raphael-- I'll put up the other version that I have with the dlls from 5.05.

Still thinking what more to change-- I'm trying to port the multiple appointments from HD.

That'd be awesome.
What'd be more awesome is if you could port the weather tab :D

But one thing at a time, I guess.

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
Hi, nice to see you back again!
Running the v4.0 for about 5 houres and it seems very stable. Noticed the following:
- SDConfig does not initiate autonatically
- Video drivers seem to be slower than v 3.01. Used the coreplayer in both of them and the Benchmark that includes gives 159.72% for V4.0 and 185.44 for v 3.01.
Still testing!

gikoz, can you send me your coreplayer settings and file that you've tested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RC E100

for the guys using HTC RC E100, I got mine already but it doesn't work also. I can't even use the drivers that were included. Do you have a ROM reference that's working? I've checked some threads it seems to be a common problem with this RC earphone.

Hi Pfcsabre. The first time I used it, I was using the stock ROM. It was still working when I flashed NATF v 4 for Touch Pro (or the Raphael but definitely not the Fuze), it's still working. I tried too to re-install the driver, but it was saying that "You have an updated version of the driver." I tried to find some solution with the registry, but the last time I played with Windows registry when it was with Windows 95:). Not even a mobile one.

I am not even a programmer, but I am thinking that the driver distributed by HTC is one of the clues?

Thank you very much for trying (and even buying the RC E100 to test your ROM).

Oh, I forgot, I think that head set was at first introduced for Kaiser (TyTN II).

I will be in the capital of my country in two months (I live and work 2000 km from there), so I might get a chance to seek for other option to test with your ROM with similar accessories (like the HTC AY 300). But still two months:)

Or may be, I should wait for your LantisOs v.5