[Q] AT&T i317 with N7105 ROM and i317 Modem ==> TOTAL HAPPINESS

Search This thread

miscom

Oct 8, 2007
Gallatin, TN
SOLVED

See post #7 below

Greetings,

My apologies if this question has already been answered in another thread but after searching for several hours and finding nothing I decided to ask:

Is it possible to flash an N7105 Stock ROM into an i317? Will this brick the device?

To preserve AT&T's LTE I am assuming that I should flash the AT&T radio.Will this setup work OK?

Thanks for advance for your help.

Last edited:

dandaman1219

Jul 30, 2012
I would like a definite answer on this as well. The other threads were too vague with too many different answers. I know it's probably not recommended, but that is what nandroids are for!

miscom

Oct 8, 2007
Gallatin, TN
I would like a definite answer on this as well. The other threads were too vague with too many different answers. I know it's probably not recommended, but that is what nandroids are for!

Exactly: A definite answer. I have seen a lot of people asking the same question and no clear answer anywhere.

If I flash STOCK ROM N7105XXALJ5 (or similar) in a i317, would the device get bricked? How about LTE? If it doesn't work, does it work after flashing the AT&T modem UCALI6?

And how about the EFS partition? Would it get damaged by flashing an N7105 Stock ROM?

antiochasylum

Inactive Recognized Contributor
There are other factors besides just a modem that need to be present and enabled for the rom to work.

If your flashing through odin I would be careful, I would flash through recovery and make sure all the mount points are correct first. The device SHOULD(in theory) not brick - since they are in a nut shell *the same*

EFS partition should be fine, your not touching that UNLESS you flash a modem, if you retain the stock modem and do not flash a new one you should not have to worry about your EFS.

Modem's in my opinion are something that should not be flashed again and again. Flash one and leave it, less likely to corrupt the EFS.

You'll need a kernel as well for LTE, i supposed the stock 7105 will work, because the bands of the modem are defined in the modem.bin.

I'm about to flash omega 7.1 on my 317, I've copied over all the needed files, and edited installer NOT to flash a kernel or modem. So It should work with flying colors :)

J

juwttt

There are other factors besides just a modem that need to be present and enabled for the rom to work.

If your flashing through odin I would be careful, I would flash through recovery and make sure all the mount points are correct first. The device SHOULD(in theory) not brick - since they are in a nut shell *the same*

EFS partition should be fine, your not touching that UNLESS you flash a modem, if you retain the stock modem and do not flash a new one you should not have to worry about your EFS.

Modem's in my opinion are something that should not be flashed again and again. Flash one and leave it, less likely to corrupt the EFS.

You'll need a kernel as well for LTE, i supposed the stock 7105 will work, because the bands of the modem are defined in the modem.bin.

I'm about to flash omega 7.1 on my 317, I've copied over all the needed files, and edited installer NOT to flash a kernel or modem. So It should work with flying colors :)

Could you please explain what you did in more detail. I have also been trying to port.
Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

miscom

Oct 8, 2007
Gallatin, TN

Well, what you are going to do with Omega 7.1 is basically the same thing I want to do with a Stock N7105. Please let me know how it goes.

miscom

Oct 8, 2007
Gallatin, TN
Sunccess!!!

Greetings,

Please see the attached screen shots.I have the N7105 ROM running on my i317 (didn't even wipe data!).

To make this long store short I downloaded Samsung-Updates.com-GT-N7105_MM1_1_20121012152856_ah7cer98dy.zip and unpacked it and ran it through the kitchen found at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633246 to create a new flashable ZIP file (CDW or TWRP, although I only tested it through TWRP.

This ROM is pure stock, none wipe zip aligned and I removed the N7105 modem.bin. Oh, and before I forget I removed all the customizations from SG. If someone wants those APK I can publish them.

I have AT&T LTE speeds with an N7105 ROM. And Multi Window is working too.

If someone wants to test it AT THEIR OWN RISK please PM me. I am going to upload this ROM to my dropbox account and then share it.

If this works OK I will open a new thread in development where I will try to have the latest N7105 converted for our i317 or create a ROM on request.

So to recap: This ROM won't replace your radio and it won't wipe your data. If you want to test it you do it at your own risk. I cannot be held responsible for any issues that happen with your phone or if you brick it.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2012-11-25-16-34-21.jpg
    Screenshots_2012-11-25-16-34-21.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 855
  • Screenshots_2012-11-25-16-44-07.jpg
    Screenshots_2012-11-25-16-44-07.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 825
  • Screenshots_2012-11-25-17-08-17.jpg
    Screenshots_2012-11-25-17-08-17.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 812

440hsp

Jun 9, 2011
Guys I've been looking into this also. I had the int. 32gb gt-i9300 until it took a an accidental bath in the washing machine. Then I seen that the i317 carried the same internal components as the int. version but with 2gb of ram and lte support. It was a win win in my book. Noticed dev support isn't as great as int. Version and I got used to having so many options with my s3. If we could use these int. roms on our phones we would definitely have the best of both worlds. I've never used the kitchen as described in an earlier post but with a little help I would be willing to give it a shot. I miss the omega roms and others to boot. I liked having so many options to choose from. Lets get together guys and work this out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

darktriad

Nov 10, 2012
It would be great if you can show more proof that it was actually done in lte since it only shows 4G in the symbol and not 4GLTE (unless its in the rom itself tgat it couldnt display the symbol at all, just guessing)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

miscom

Oct 8, 2007
Gallatin, TN
It would be great if you can show more proof that it was actually done in lte since it only shows 4G in the symbol and not 4GLTE (unless its in the rom itself tgat it couldnt display the symbol at all, just guessing)

The international version doesn't show LTE but it's still using it.

I will have the ROM up this morning in the development section. I wanted some people to test it before releasing it.

Reactions: darktriad

dbzgod

May 4, 2012

I will have the ROM up this morning in the development section. I wanted some people to test it before releasing it.

Showing LTE is controlled by the CSC. Have a look at my post here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34688873
I copied what you did and also injected the Canadian CSC's onto my Canadian Note II. It shows LTE proof in screen shots. My LTE was working fine.

Sent from my SGH-I317M

miscom

Oct 8, 2007
Gallatin, TN

Mwinggg

Jul 27, 2011
nice, gonna test it on my rogers gn2

wont wipe data means i dun have to reinstall apps right?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

miscom

Oct 8, 2007
Gallatin, TN
nice, gonna test it on my rogers gn2

wont wipe data means i dun have to reinstall apps right?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Yes,you won't have to reinstall your apps and it won't replace your current modem.

When you do the backup of your current ROM remember to include the modem and the EFS partition.

Please let me know how this works out for you.

pirgulation

Dec 28, 2007

I did this one as I drove by MCI (Kansas City International Airport) yesterday, running the international rom w/ the ATT modem flashed.

I find it fairly interesting if you watch the symbols up there, 3g/H/H+/4g,, with the stock firmware I dont remember seeing much out of it 'but' 4g even though It was nowhere near 4g/lte.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-28-21-39-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-28-21-39-23.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 257
  • Screenshot_2012-11-29-22-27-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-29-22-27-44.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 253

cswithxda

Jan 24, 2012
all over
I did this one as I drove by MCI (Kansas City International Airport) yesterday, running the international rom w/ the ATT modem flashed.

I find it fairly interesting if you watch the symbols up there, 3g/H/H+/4g,, with the stock firmware I dont remember seeing much out of it 'but' 4g even though It was nowhere near 4g/lte.

Damn, that's some insane speed. I was in Overland park earlier tonight where it was covered by LTE. Tested on my gf's iphone5 and the down speed was like 2Mb, although up speed was decent at 15Mb... Weird AT&T or crappy iphone i guess.

buckiii2

Mar 19, 2011
modem

I have an AT&T Note 2. How do I find out what modem I have. I think I flashed Scott's K7 modem on his AT&T se 1.0 forum but I want to make sure. By the way his rom is awesome. I also flashed Note2Core v2.10 - AsylumCore 2.11 Kernel for Galaxy Note II N7100 / N7105 (LTE) which is running at 1.92. I am getting quadrant scores from 7600 to 8200, FPS 58 to 60. I also have flashed the 23 toggle mod from Scotts forum. I love this phone. It is running very smooth.

buckiii2

Mar 19, 2011
I have an AT&T Note 2. How do I find out what modem I have. I think I flashed Scott's K7 modem on his AT&T se 1.0 forum but I want to make sure. By the way his rom is awesome. I also flashed Note2Core v2.10 - AsylumCore 2.11 Kernel for Galaxy Note II N7100 / N7105 (LTE) which is running at 1.92. I am getting quadrant scores from 7600 to 8200, FPS 58 to 60. I also have flashed the 23 toggle mod from Scotts forum. I love this phone. It is running very smooth.

Update. I found it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sunccess!!!

Greetings,

Please see the attached screen shots.I have the N7105 ROM running on my i317 (didn't even wipe data!).

To make this long store short I downloaded Samsung-Updates.com-GT-N7105_MM1_1_20121012152856_ah7cer98dy.zip and unpacked it and ran it through the kitchen found at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633246 to create a new flashable ZIP file (CDW or TWRP, although I only tested it through TWRP.

This ROM is pure stock, none wipe zip aligned and I removed the N7105 modem.bin. Oh, and before I forget I removed all the customizations from SG. If someone wants those APK I can publish them.

I have AT&T LTE speeds with an N7105 ROM. And Multi Window is working too.

If someone wants to test it AT THEIR OWN RISK please PM me. I am going to upload this ROM to my dropbox account and then share it.

If this works OK I will open a new thread in development where I will try to have the latest N7105 converted for our i317 or create a ROM on request.

So to recap: This ROM won't replace your radio and it won't wipe your data. If you want to test it you do it at your own risk. I cannot be held responsible for any issues that happen with your phone or if you brick it.

Showing LTE is controlled by the CSC. Have a look at my post here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34688873
    I copied what you did and also injected the Canadian CSC's onto my Canadian Note II. It shows LTE proof in screen shots. My LTE was working fine.

Sent from my SGH-I317M