[Q] Stock Recovery Compatibility

Search This thread

Dynamata

Sep 23, 2013
I bought a rooted HTC One M7 on ebay, it had Teamwin Recovery installed. I want to install OTA updates before installing Revolution ROM & followed advice here:

sakitechonline how-to-get-ota-updates-on-a-rooted-htc-one-m8

I installed this stock recovery which should be compatible:

"stock recovery 1.54.401.10 recovery.img"

but when I tried to boot into recovery it stuck on this message:

"Entering Recovery..."

so I re-installed Teamwin, where can I find a compatible stock recovery & how can it be verified? :confused:

Last edited:

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
I bought a rooted HTC One M7 on ebay, it had Teamwin Recovery installed. I want to install OTA updates before installing Revolution ROM & followed advice here:

sakitechonline how-to-get-ota-updates-on-a-rooted-htc-one-m8

I installed this stock recovery which should be compatible:

"stock recovery 1.54.401.10 recovery.img"

but when I tried to boot into recovery it stuck on this message:

"Entering Recovery..."

so I re-installed Teamwin, where can I find a compatible stock recovery & how can it be verified? :confused:

Here is a Collection of Stock Recovery. You might want to follow this guide http://llabtoofer.com/2014/02/24/how-to-manually-install-ota-updates/ it is for the M7. You will want to find the stock recovery for your OS, you can find the OS version on the bootloader screen.

Dynamata

Sep 23, 2013
Thanks for the quick reply, I successfully flashed this:

stock recovery 1.54.401.10 recovery.img

& booted into the system, there was no option to check for updates. I tried to boot into the recovery from Goomanager but the phone did a factory re-set, so I'm back to square one. The recovery img specified Android 4.4.2/Sense 6.0 my phone is Android 4.4.2/Sense 5.5. is this an issue, do I have to re-lock boot-loader before flashing?

What is supposed to happen when you boot into stock recovery? :confused:

Last edited: