[ROM] Android Open Kang Project

Search This thread

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
What the hell I can't get any APN's to populate...i have no service. Running build 29 with the new Harsh kernel.
Edit:
I'm on 29 with latest harsh and everything is good. Except I can not for the life of me get wifi to stay on consistently, screen on or off just keeps playing with me lol except for that awesomeness

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Last edited:

DJLamontagneIII

Senior Moderator
Sep 30, 2008
Mom's Basement
Let us know how it does if you would!

Thanks dude!

New harsh kernel works great on AOKP... get the one on his thread the one he posted last night in here is no good

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

i'm sure i am dumb as hell, but can someone please post a link to rootz where the rom...i can't seem to find it, i can only find the one for the nexus 2...i found the forum for the g2x but i can't find the aokp rom

LINK

stevew84

Oct 21, 2010
Google Pixel 3
Edit:
I'm on 29 with latest harsh and everything is good. Except I can not for the life of me get wifi to stay on consistently, screen on or off just keeps playing with me lol except for that awesomeness

Working, reset defaults....took 15min!!! I'll check my Wi-Fi soon.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

themug05

Feb 17, 2008
New harsh kernel works great on AOKP... get the one on his thread the one he posted last night in here is no good

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

LINK

thanks a lot, let's be friends and hang out...but no, is mms working? is it working for anyone else or is it still a problem? sorry, i'm coming from hell sandwich and haven't had time to read through the entire thread...long work days

themug05

Feb 17, 2008
Yea.. my wifi seems OK too. I noticed my reboot freezes again but that's harshs kernel. I really like this rom really solid I just needed to add dsp and now its great

Sent from my LG G2x using Tapatalk 2

i think whitehawk did a bad ass job on this rom, i just can't seem to get mms to work though, i don't know what i'm doing wrong

barqers

Nov 17, 2010
Will there be an option to select internal vs. External sdcard mounts on this bad boy? Its killin' me seeing that 5gb of space untouched.
If that's been addressed my bad. I thought I was pretty bad ass on my search

Sent from my multiple personality G2x

If you use ES File Explorer you can still access the internal SD card. It's located at /mnt/emmc/

Edit:: to send mms using wind mobile in Canada , first go into apn settings , open your wind mobile apn , then press back without changing anything. Now regular data stops working and mms works fine. TO restore regular data just reset apn to defaults

Anyone have any idea why I have to do this? I feel like there's one tiny setting that'd let me use mms maybe its set to T-Mobile instead of wind?

Last edited:

candymanmike

Jul 21, 2010
Orting, WA
www.modmymobile.com
My daily driver has ran the last 4 versions of this ROM and I never gave issues other than the normal ones today I tried to flash build 29 to a different g2x and bricked it 3 times. Had to recover and re-root it each time. Never did get it running. I rooted with superoneclick, installed cwm, wiped everything and flashed ROM followed by gapps. Each time wouldn't boot past the LG screen or go back into recovery.... Any thoughts?

shovelhead83

Nov 3, 2009
My daily driver has ran the last 4 versions of this ROM and I never gave issues other than the normal ones today I tried to flash build 29 to a different g2x and bricked it 3 times. Had to recover and re-root it each time. Never did get it running. I rooted with superoneclick, installed cwm, wiped everything and flashed ROM followed by gapps. Each time wouldn't boot past the LG screen or go back into recovery.... Any thoughts?

Did you try to re download? Maybe a bad download.

candymanmike

Jul 21, 2010
Orting, WA
www.modmymobile.com
Did you try to re download? Maybe a bad download.

Yeah I did. I even transferred the one I flashed on my phone 3 days ago to that phone and got the same result. I've never had a problem like this and I've been modding phones since the original RAZR was brand new. Rooted and flashed probably 6 different Android models. Never came across a phone I just couldn't flash. Starting to piss me off a little. Lol. Damn phone is outsmarting me!

IRASadPanda

Dec 30, 2011
Johns Creek
Yeah I did. I even transferred the one I flashed on my phone 3 days ago to that phone and got the same result. I've never had a problem like this and I've been modding phones since the original RAZR was brand new. Rooted and flashed probably 6 different Android models. Never came across a phone I just couldn't flash. Starting to piss me off a little. Lol. Damn phone is outsmarting me!

Screw super one click. Revert to stock and NVflash CWM.

Sent from Narnia

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

You can find the latest release here

GAPPS

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Roman
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Just in case...
    Some questions:

1. Why include a different launcher with the standard launcher?
    2. Why customize the settings app to put some of the sections that were in the front part into your own section?
    3. Why did you remove the galaxy live wallpaper?

Doing the 2 above caused my launcher app and settings app's settings to not be restored properly.

Why did you customize the default launcher and the settings app? Those should never be changed unless its a bug fix. It's why I use cyanogenmod so that I don't deal with these kinds of problems.

I'm heading back to hellfire sandwich 1.3.

You need to be more specific. What do you mean "customized the settings app?" It's stock with the exception of a new spot added for Rom Control.

Why include two launchers? To please everyone... lol. I personally use Nova. It has way more options than anything I've used.

The galaxy live wallpaper? That wallpaper does not come on stock ICS. I know because I have a GSM Galaxy Nexus.

Let me be perfectly clear. This is not CM. This is not a CM9 kang. This is AOKP which is completely different. I used the device and vendor trees from CM so that stuff like data/cell/etc will work. As far as the rom and features it is 110% DIFFERENT. So restoring anything is not a good idea.

themoreyouknow.jpg
    Some questions:

1. Why include a different launcher with the standard launcher?
    2. Why customize the settings app to put some of the sections that were in the front part into your own section?
    3. Why did you remove the galaxy live wallpaper?

Doing the 2 above caused my launcher app and settings app's settings to not be restored properly.

Why did you customize the default launcher and the settings app? Those should never be changed unless its a bug fix.

MUST. RESIST. BAN.
    Ok guys and gals... OP UPDATED!

Data and cell both work.
    90% of Rom Control should be working now
    BROWSER STILL BROKE - 3RD PARTY BROWSERS WORK FINE
    VIDEO RECORDING BROKE - there's an app you can download though for this

And of course, please do a CLEAN INSTALL (wipe data)

This is the last build that will be uploaded to 4shared. All future builds will be posted on for download on goo-inside.me and will be downloadable here - http://forum.aokp.co/page/releases

And yes, you can expect this to get updated from here on out every time we release a new build of AOKP. :)

Enjoy!