FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 GPU

[Q] NC4 Root Progress?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By CarsonDaly516m4, Junior Member on 19th May 2014, 04:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I own a SM-N900V on NC4 and I've read that a root method for NC4 does not exist yet. Is there a place where progress is given/notified on when this will be completed?
The Following User Says Thank You to CarsonDaly516m4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CarsonDaly516m4 Ad-Free

19th May 2014, 10:47 PM |#2  
Flag Malmstrom AFB, MT
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonDaly516m4

I own a SM-N900V on NC4 and I've read that a root method for NC4 does not exist yet. Is there a place where progress is given/notified on when this will be completed?

Someone will make a new thread when anything is discovered. Youll prolly be waiting a long time
20th May 2014, 12:38 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Please allow me to rephrase the question....is root for nc4 for us who took the ota update without ever being rooted ever going to be available given the fact that most users already have a rooted device before being on nc4? Is *anyone* even working on it at all? or should we just give up all hope and not even bother given the fact that it is only a handful of us w/o root on nc4 that for whatever reason we took the plunge knowing the consequences of possibly not having root for a while if ever at all?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
20th May 2014, 02:48 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 398

More
it may be never is the rumor but you never know.

for example the bounty for root for the S5 is currently at around $15,000 and no takers so that speaks to the depth of the situation.
The Following User Says Thank You to fletch33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fletch33 Ad-Free
20th May 2014, 12:44 PM |#5  
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 473

Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=12
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=42

I would not get your hopes up anytime soon, this is why I stayed on NC2 and disabled OTA's after reading the psa by hashcode.
The Following User Says Thank You to NeoMagus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NeoMagus Ad-Free
23rd May 2014, 06:48 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks for this thread! I'm also hoping for a root for NC4 some day... I just ordered a Note 3 (should come in the mail today), but I think it'll have NC4 on it. I didn't research enough, first, to be sure I was getting a phone that could be rooted.
23rd May 2014, 06:52 PM |#7  

More
bounty has reached almost $18,000 just for root so you can be assured its getting worked on but also how hard it must be for such a bounty to exist.

here is the bounty thread if you want to add to the money pile
23rd May 2014, 08:54 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch33

bounty has reached almost $18,000 just for root so you can be assured its getting worked on but also how hard it must be for such a bounty to exist.

here is the bounty thread if you want to add to the money pile

That appears to be a bounty for the S5 root... Is there an official bounty for the Note 3 NC4 root?

Are are the two very closely related? (as in, if there was a root method for the S5, then could we expect a root method for the Note 3 to quickly follow? If so, then maybe a bounty for the Note 3 wouldn't be necessary)
23rd May 2014, 09:54 PM |#9  
Kinston, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Is there any way to switch to NC2? Or do we have to stay on NC4?
23rd May 2014, 10:04 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AranelAlasse

That appears to be a bounty for the S5 root... Is there an official bounty for the Note 3 NC4 root?

Are are the two very closely related? (as in, if there was a root method for the S5, then could we expect a root method for the Note 3 to quickly follow? If so, then maybe a bounty for the Note 3 wouldn't be necessary)

99% if it works on S5 then that discover exploit would work on N3
24th May 2014, 12:41 AM |#11  
Flag West Long Branch, NJ
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverZ3RO

Is there any way to switch to NC2? Or do we have to stay on NC4?

If you're on NC4 then for now you have nowhere else to go - you are locked in tight.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)