Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: You dig this?

Yeah, I dig it!

36 Vote(s)
75.00%
NO! This is BUNK!

12 Vote(s)
25.00%

MANILA2D(QVGA) - Auto Update Manila2D weather and set it as wallpaper.

1,472 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

By S.V.I, Senior Member on 11th August 2009, 01:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th August 2009, 09:19 PM |#21  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lexington
Thanks Meter: 771

Donate to Me
More
It looks like the image has to be 320 x 320 to be clean, but the sun has to be offset from the upper left corner.

Try this. Uncheck the use as background from your today settings, then okay. Make a backup image with ceregedit and then check the box and select an image to use as a background, then okay. Then run compare and see what changes. Maybe your Kaiser is a little different than my Wizard.

14th August 2009, 09:42 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotastrain

no problem i can do this...

i already hav written scripts earlier to update the...wallpaper...animate etc etc..

now u want the image to update according to the weather right?

have useen sense ui?u know the weather thingy on top.like a widgety thing...i can make that or just this what u r saying?

which do u think is better?

plus r u vga?...wvga?

ALSO:
the weather in manila updates when v go to the page..so this modification will update the wallpaper based on the updated weather..i dint think it can update the weather itself..

il take this as my next project

Sounds pretty awesome ROTAKING - my TOPAZ will love this...
14th August 2009, 11:04 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member

More
which verion of manila are you running?
I have the latest one. also have HTCPhotopicker.exe to be able to change wallpaper from the setting tab.

Pimg, file explorer, and photo picker are all able to change my wallpaper. I do not think that it has to do with hardware, or SYS software.
It might need to be hooked through the file explorer's context menu... which ever one that is.
I tried your script with the latest stable mort and the latest beta. beta gave me error.

another thing is that there might be something that renames the file to jpg format?
I dont know. really confused. also, I cant get it to reproduce the reg settings. If I try to use any of the above mentioned programs to change my wallpaper, anytime I update the weather the script does not change the reg either.

wceload.exe maybe?
15th August 2009, 02:33 AM |#24  
Flag Lexington

Donate to Me
More
I am using version 23. Check the registry path to the weather icon.

The 242 in the sendmessage was Hex, but I had to change it to decimal to work in my phone.

One thing I think I figured out is I had to go to settings and pick a gif file to set to the background. Then I ran the script. If I did not it did not work.
15th August 2009, 04:07 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
I made a script for something similar for S2U2 (and it's in English). You can see if this helps you out. I also have the images you need. Go look:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...atherwallpaper
16th August 2009, 04:55 PM |#26  
Flag Lexington

Donate to Me
More
I am trying to set the script to set up today background if you do not have it already, but I am running into a problem with this line
Code:
Runwait( "ctlpnl.exe", "cplmain.cpl,13")
I even tried this shortcut outside of mortscript
Code:
#21ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,13
They both open the control panel, but when I click OK after setting background it closes without setting the background. Can someone else try to see if they have the same problem. It does work if I uncheck the box in that the wallpaper goes away.
16th August 2009, 04:56 PM |#27  
Flag Lexington

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal

I made a script for something similar for S2U2 (and it's in English). You can see if this helps you out. I also have the images you need. Go look:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...atherwallpaper

Thank you for this I am working on the notification que method of repeating.
17th August 2009, 12:10 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Dear S.V.I,

You are subscribed to the thread "[12.07.2009, v 1.4.4] Wallpaper changer" by 6ITdtvFQqY, there have been 1 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was 6ITdtvFQqY.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=484552

These following posts were made to the thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...27#post4339327
Posted by: 6ITdtvFQqY
On: 16th August 2009 01:45 AM

---Quote (Originally by S.V.I)---
what exactly does your program do tochange the wallpaper?
does it copy the file and rename it?
what actually sets the walpaper and refreshes it?
how can we replicate thi process and make it work?
---End Quote---
You can look at the source code, in file "HaraWork \ SourceCode_VS \ Wallperizer \ Wallperizer \ MainForm.cs", the "void SetNativeWallpaper" method.

There are lots of steps and they have to be followed exactly, or else either Windows Today or Manila do not show the wallpaper. Just as an example, Manila refuses to show the wallpaper if the "HKCU \ Software \ Microsoft \ Today \ Wall" registry key is not set with whatever text.

By the way, I don't think PNGs are supported by the OS. You must copy the wallpaper in the "Windows" directory as BMP or JPEG (GIF works too). Note that the file name is specific, you can't use anything you want; "tdywater_[screen width]_[screen height]" is the name. The file name is created in the "string GetWallpaperFileName" method.

(Be sure to remove the read-only attribute of the "tdywater" / "stwater" files before you try to overwrite them.)

All the best,
xda-developers

---------------------------------------------------------------
So, maybe it is posible to copy the wallpaper (weather png) and rename the extension to GIF? that should be posible as the MSdialer that I use i saved a PNG's with .GIF extension.
17th August 2009, 02:29 AM |#29  
Flag Lexington

Donate to Me
More
The copy as gif is exactly what I worked out.

Since I have not been able to get the today setting control panel to save the settings, I just have the program notify you to make the settings and then it quits.

I have it running and it seems to work fine.

I fixed the routine in a way. It tells to you set the today background and waits for you to do it before continuing. It even drops down the start menu for you.
Attached Files
File Type: txt WxWallPaper.mscr.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.9 KB, 49 views)
17th August 2009, 04:26 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
it works!!! I'm as giddy as a school girl on acid! have you ever seen one of those? I went to art school... I can tell you it's quite a site!
THANK YOU!
I go fix gfx now
17th August 2009, 05:20 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.V.I

it works!!! I'm as giddy as a school girl on acid! have you ever seen one of those? I went to art school... I can tell you it's quite a site!
THANK YOU!
I go fix gfx now

Do you have a cab for this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)