Downloading Do not turn off target SCEEN

Search This thread

wichiepr

Apr 20, 2014
Android Automotive OS
I try to install CyanogenMod on my GT N8013 and I get the famous screen Downloading Do not turn off target.
I try everything in the book from the forum, nothing work. To make thing worse now the USB is not recognized by the computer.
I drain the battery completely and soon I connect the charge BOOM the famous screen. LOOK to me that this is the end of MY NOTE? PLEASE any advice before I send it to sleep.

Thanks

thurmanbr549

Jan 23, 2012
Hold the power button and volume up until you see the samsung logo then let off of the power button. Then clear everything any do a factory reset. This should work

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Do not connect to your computer

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Do lots of research before embarking on something like this. Make absolutely sure you know how to recover your tablet before doing any kind of modifications to it.

Reactions: wichiepr

wichiepr

Apr 20, 2014
Android Automotive OS
Hold the power button and volume up until you see the samsung logo then let off of the power button. Then clear everything any do a factory reset. This should work

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Do lots of research before embarking on something like this. Make absolutely sure you know how to recover your tablet before doing any kind of modifications to it.

I hold the Power and Up Vol in a second I get the"Downloading Do not turn of screen and nothing happens. If I hold the power and down-vol a selection page come, Warning A custom OS can cause critical problem etc.... Volume up: Continue or Volume Down; cancel (restart phone) if a press Vol Up it show another screens with odin mode in red , product name: gt n8013,custom binary count: yes 6 count, Current Binary : samsung official, System status: official
and the downloading message. and It freeze.

By the way thanks for your time, I really don't now what to do. Maybe send it to the moon jajaja

thurmanbr549

Jan 23, 2012
Thy holding vol down and see if it takes you to a recovery screen...your welcome I hope I can help. I didn't have anyone when I was learning it sucked.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Hold the power and volume up and just keep holding and holding and see what happens

KDKobes

Aug 12, 2007
I hold the Power and Up Vol in a second I get the"Downloading Do not turn of screen and nothing happens. If I hold the power and down-vol a selection page come, Warning A custom OS can cause critical problem etc.... Volume up: Continue or Volume Down; cancel (restart phone) if a press Vol Up it show another screens with odin mode in red , product name: gt n8013,custom binary count: yes 6 count, Current Binary : samsung official, System status: official

By the way thanks for your time, I really don't now what to do. Maybe send it to the moon jajaja

Got good info in previous posts.

Holding volume DOWN + power button brings you to a recovery screen, either stock(factory) or TWRP / CWM recovery.
Holding volume UP + power button brings you to odin which then gives an option to continue or Restart.

You first need to root before flashing roms and also need to flash whichever recovery you prefer. You didn't mention if you had done so or not so I must ask.

If you can get into odin download the latest odin on your computer and your computer will install the drivers once you connect it via USB.

Last edited:

wichiepr

Apr 20, 2014
Android Automotive OS

Holding volume DOWN + power button brings you to a recovery screen, either stock(factory) or TWRP / CWM recovery.
Holding volume UP + power button brings you to odin which then gives an option to continue or Restart.

You first need to root before flashing roms and also need to flash whichever recovery you prefer. You didn't mention if you had done so or not so I must ask.

If you can get into odin download the latest odin on your computer and your computer will install the drivers once you connect it via USB.

OK

I try both method with the Vol up and down with the power, The unit just turn off for about 3 seconds then the samsumg logo appear and inmidiatly the "Downloading page" and keep on a loop if I keep the buttom down. As I say before the only diferent is to get to the odin screen that I explain in my last reply. I don't have USB access, when I connect it it say USB not recognize

KDKobes

Aug 12, 2007
OK

I try both method with the Vol up and down with the power, The unit just turn off for about 3 seconds then the samsumg logo appear and inmidiatly the "Downloading page" and keep on a loop if I keep the buttom down. As I say before the only diferent is to get to the odin screen that I explain in my last reply. I don't have USB access, when I connect it it say USB not recognize

Do you have odin on your computer?

KDKobes

Aug 12, 2007
Yes I do, but the computer is not recognizing the USB. I can't connect to the Tablet, that is the problem

When your phone is in odin download mode connect to the computer open odin then go to your control panel and into "device manager" and check if your device shows up in there as an unknown device or not. If you have adb run the command "adb devices" as well and see if you get anything.

wichiepr

Apr 20, 2014
Android Automotive OS
When your phone is in odin download mode connect to the computer open odin then go to your control panel and into "device manager" and check if your device shows up in there as an unknown device or not. If you have adb run the command "adb devices" as well and see if you get anything.

I try to install all he adb driver and all the ADB Interface, Samsung Android Composite ADB Interface etc., all of them say "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" and that is a genetic error. IS hard to find the cause

KDKobes

Aug 12, 2007
I try to install all he adb driver and all the ADB Interface, Samsung Android Composite ADB Interface etc., all of them say "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" and that is a genetic error. IS hard to find the cause

Did you check you "device manager" on your computer to see if it is even showing the device either as an unknown or maybe an error. Are you running Windows 7? Just to be clear, when you try holding volume down + power then when it turns on release the power button while still holding volume down until recovery screen comes up all you get is "Downloading...etc .."

As far as plugging the device in while in odin mode after pressing volume up to continue and plugging into computer you said you get an error on your computer correct? Just trying to gather all the info I can to see if you can fix it.

If its a driver issue or not recognized it might be due to the MTP which would lead you here for a solution.

What has happened at this point is you tried flashing a custom ROM on an un-rooted device with a stock recovery. Now at this point your phone doesn't likely have any of the original software in it to allow you to boot let alone even do a a recovery from stock recovery. Your lucky the device even powers on first off because if it was a hard hard brick the device wouldn't boot, charge, or flicker the screen regardless of button combinations and would need jtagd. Now even if you could return it they most likely wont because of the custom binary count at a 6.

most of all I need to know if your device shows up in device manager on your computer most likely located under portable devices. You might need different drivers at this point.

See if any of this information can help.

Last edited:

wichiepr

Apr 20, 2014
Android Automotive OS
Did you check you "device manager" on your computer to see if it is even showing the device either as an unknown or maybe an error. Are you running Windows 7? Just to be clear, when you try holding volume down + power then when it turns on release the power button while still holding volume down until recovery screen comes up all you get is "Downloading...etc .."

As far as plugging the device in while in odin mode after pressing volume up to continue and plugging into computer you said you get an error on your computer correct? Just trying to gather all the info I can to see if you can fix it.

If its a driver issue or not recognized it might be due to the MTP which would lead you here for a solution.

What has happened at this point is you tried flashing a custom ROM on an un-rooted device with a stock recovery. Now at this point your phone doesn't likely have any of the original software in it to allow you to boot let alone even do a a recovery from stock recovery. Your lucky the device even powers on first off because if it was a hard hard brick the device wouldn't boot, charge, or flicker the screen regardless of button combinations and would need jtagd. Now even if you could return it they most likely wont because of the custom binary count at a 6.

most of all I need to know if your device shows up in device manager on your computer most likely located under portable devices. You might need different drivers at this point.

See if any of this information can help.

My answer by points

Did you check you "device manager" on your computer to see if it is even showing the device either as an unknown or maybe an error
YES is showing under USB as Unknown Device.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqbchoxg9u7e7mb/Screenshot 2014-05-14 15.47.56.png

Are you running Windows 7?
YES I am running W7

Just to be clear, when you try holding volume down + power then when it turns on release the power button while still holding volume down until recovery screen comes up all you get is "Downloading...etc .."
YES

As far as plugging the device in while in odin mode after pressing volume up to continue and plugging into computer you said you get an error on your computer correct?
YES the USB s not recognize

Just trying to gather all the info I can to see if you can fix it.

IS a tablet GT N8013

Last edited:

KDKobes

Aug 12, 2007
My answer by points

Did you check you "device manager" on your computer to see if it is even showing the device either as an unknown or maybe an error
YES is showing under USB as Unknown Device.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqbchoxg9u7e7mb/Screenshot 2014-05-14 15.47.56.png

Are you running Windows 7?
YES I am running W7

Just to be clear, when you try holding volume down + power then when it turns on release the power button while still holding volume down until recovery screen comes up all you get is "Downloading...etc .."
YES

As far as plugging the device in while in odin mode after pressing volume up to continue and plugging into computer you said you get an error on your computer correct?
YES the USB s not recognize

Just trying to gather all the info I can to see if you can fix it.

IS a tablet GT N8013

Thats good news now you need the proper drivers and or fix the file causing the issue. Follow the previous link I had posted.

KDKobes

Aug 12, 2007
I did follow the link, I find the RegKey,but there is no UpperFilters under under the portable device.

Read all the posts through the second page depending on your system you might have to do a different step. Wish I could explain more but without being in front of your computer its too hard. There is also a link in the first post to download the latest drivers also. Make sure you're using the factory usb cable that came with the tablet.

You're tablet is repairable just need to get the drivers working just dont go do anything else to the tablet itself until the drivers are working.

wichiepr

Apr 20, 2014
Android Automotive OS
brick

Read all the posts through the second page depending on your system you might have to do a different step. Wish I could explain more but without being in front of your computer its too hard. There is also a link in the first post to download the latest drivers also. Make sure you're using the factory usb cable that came with the tablet.

You're tablet is repairable just need to get the drivers working just dont go do anything else to the tablet itself until the drivers are working.

Sorry for the delay, I was looking for the original cable. I just find it but is still not recognizing the USB. I did follow up the link. Is say that the driver is update. The Samsung driver also say is installed but I don't see it on the Device manager. I don't really have a clue. I try to go to the Samsung folder and look for the .ini but I don't know which one if there is any for the Device manager. I try also. IS you have time I can gave you access to my comp via Teamviever is you want.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ITS usb reg corruption from too many devices

Try a different computer and see if it will load the drivers
    Below is what i have to do sometimes Because i use my computer with more then one Brand of Android phones .
    Search the net for a program on your windows computer called USBDVIEW..

1. uninstall kies and any other samsung software
    2 unplug any external usb devies
    3 . Download a new version of Kies
    Now. Run usbdview.. and remove all entries.
    Install Kies. (will put samsung and adb back correctly)
    Run kies
    when its on the looking for device screen
    Plug in the TABLET.
    The driver should then install

NOW GO TO Device manager and see if shows up as samsung device or adb/ mtp device
    If so Go back to above post and flash Device correctly with ODIN.
    if it does not then take it to a pc tech to get the usb devices cleaned from registery

or go to ms tech site to get details on editing the MBR / REGISTERY To repair.

Also if the driver is not installing as about check to see if you have a UFI BIOS If so you will have to boot into there and turn unknown drivers off. Refure to pc owners manual for that.
    oops READ THIS. when you reinstall kies. Choose custom or install to different location. Install it to C:/kIES Or what ever name you like NOT its Default path. this sometimes helps windows see this as a new software new reg entry and not update the old one. That is why LAUNCHING nothing But kies until you get the device recognized is so Important.
    I am NOT A Android Tech But i know Windows..

Good LUCK ..
    Go to odin and reformat it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Thy holding vol down and see if it takes you to a recovery screen...your welcome I hope I can help. I didn't have anyone when I was learning it sucked.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Hold the power and volume up and just keep holding and holding and see what happens