[ROM]AOKP Build 37[FE21 Kernel][OS 4.0.4]UPDATED 05/24/12

4,190 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,253

By KBizzle, Recognized Contributor on 24th February 2012, 02:59 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
26th April 2012, 10:02 PM |#4921  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
All I know is I have the VM symbol 24/7 since rom install. I've called it and it says my number is invalid... annoying as hell lol everything else works like a charm

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

26th April 2012, 10:10 PM |#4922  
Flag Fort Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 253

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epdp14

I tried a few of the stock ICS builds back in March and got out of it for around a month... coming back now and I thought AOKP looks pretty cool.

I followed the instructions by flashing EL26 first, then the ROM, then gapps, then the FD24 kernel. The phone is super speedy and works wonderfully. Except it crashes A LOT. I mean 2-3 times in 5 minutes. I pretty much narrowed it down to the car charger and home charger.

I seriously doubt most of you are having these issues with this ROM, but what did I do that is different? Can I do something to fix it? Thanks.

Did you wipe?. It's the only thing I can think of. Wipe everything then flash. There is no reason for crashes every couple of minutes. Your having user error issues.

26th April 2012, 10:18 PM |#4923  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Flashed this ROM last night, in conjunction with the Xylograph's Tablet UI mod. Over all running very well, have been in the process of setting up all the buttons and settings to my likeing.

I have come across one major issue, for me at least. The external sdcard seems to be half mounting... I tried searching the thread, but didn't see anyone with my same issue.

I was attempting to restore app backups with Appextractor, and with the E4GT you have to modify the backup location filepath. When it gave me an error, I navigated to that directory in estrongs.

While I can "access" the external sdcard, it only shows a single 'data' folder, not the (around 4GB) of stuff (and backups) I have on there.

Wasn't sure what I could have done wrong, or what to do to fix it.

I flashed with a clean install as per directions in slick_rick's thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1613742). I have also tried fix permissions with ROM manager. When removing and reinserting the sdcard, it prompts for media scan and everything, but no app will recognize. The system storage menu shows the card as being inserted, with 7.41GB total space and 3.61GB free.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not opposed to a full wipe and reinstall, but it won't be later this evening that I will have a chance.
26th April 2012, 10:53 PM |#4924  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattmann

Flashed this ROM last night, in conjunction with the Xylograph's Tablet UI mod. Over all running very well, have been in the process of setting up all the buttons and settings to my likeing.

I have come across one major issue, for me at least. The external sdcard seems to be half mounting... I tried searching the thread, but didn't see anyone with my same issue.

I was attempting to restore app backups with Appextractor, and with the E4GT you have to modify the backup location filepath. When it gave me an error, I navigated to that directory in estrongs.

While I can "access" the external sdcard, it only shows a single 'data' folder, not the (around 4GB) of stuff (and backups) I have on there.

Wasn't sure what I could have done wrong, or what to do to fix it.

I flashed with a clean install as per directions in slick_rick's thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1613742). I have also tried fix permissions with ROM manager. When removing and reinserting the sdcard, it prompts for media scan and everything, but no app will recognize. The system storage menu shows the card as being inserted, with 7.41GB total space and 3.61GB free.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not opposed to a full wipe and reinstall, but it won't be later this evening that I will have a chance.

Thats because sd_external is just a pointer to the emmc folder. Try doing everything but remember that your internal storage is located at /emmc

The Following User Says Thank You to KBizzle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KBizzle Ad-Free
26th April 2012, 10:55 PM |#4925  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbizzle

Its like resolution on your PC. In this case, when you lower the DPI it makes everything smaller and appear as though you are running a higher resolution. I run 180. Its just a personal preference thing.

Where do I go to chamge.this.o.cant find it sorry for.stupid question

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
26th April 2012, 10:56 PM |#4926  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Guys I just found out I have 4G semi near my house!!!!! Wooooo never had download speeds this fast before. But back to the ROM, still working great. Battery improvements since build 31 but still isn't as good GB but that'll change when ICS source comes out hopefully
26th April 2012, 10:56 PM |#4927  
Flag Knoxville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzuk

All I know is I have the VM symbol 24/7 since rom install. I've called it and it says my number is invalid... annoying as hell lol everything else works like a charm

Yeah, that's the phantom vm. You will have to use the modified Phone.apk that removes it or go the long way. Just remember, if you want to lower your dpi with that phone app, you won't be able to go lower than 190.

26th April 2012, 10:59 PM |#4928  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:

Yeah, that's the phantom vm. You will have to use the modified Phone.apk that removes it or go the long way. Just remember, if you want to lower your dpi with that phone app, you won't be able to go lower than 190.

how come that modified Phone.apk isn't included from the get-go? Does it have any adverse effects? Thanks
26th April 2012, 11:00 PM |#4929  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Thats because sd_external is just a pointer to the emmc folder. Try doing everything but remember that your internal storage is located at /emmc

Oh man I feel like an idiot. I didn't understand what the emmc term that was being thrown about. thanks!
26th April 2012, 11:01 PM |#4930  
Thanks Meter: 320

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlenator694

Guys I just found out I have 4G semi near my house!!!!! Wooooo never had download speeds this fast before. But back to the ROM, still working great. Battery improvements since build 31 but still isn't as good GB but that'll change when ICS source comes out hopefully

If you set up your 4G with ##3282# and your msl # you can get full 4G I bet... They have guides that work for the e4gt like back in the day for the Evo 4G. You need a gb rom to do this tho.

26th April 2012, 11:02 PM |#4931  
Flag Knoxville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bykim5

how come that modified Phone.apk isn't included from the get-go? Does it have any adverse effects? Thanks

Because not everyone has the phantom vm. I had alot more folks want a lower dpi than ones with phantom vm. Since there is a thread for it, the user can choose.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread