[ROM]AOKP Build 37[FE21 Kernel][OS 4.0.4]UPDATED 05/24/12

4,187 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,248

By KBizzle, Recognized Contributor on 24th February 2012, 02:59 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
2nd May 2012, 06:48 AM |#5421  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Rogue cwm won't install these ics roms. At least, they wouldn't when these first started popping up. The EL26 with true cwm has never failed me and it takes no more time than anything else if you use mobile odin.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Nebbeh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nebbeh Ad-Free

2nd May 2012, 06:58 AM |#5422  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebbeh

Rogue cwm won't install these ics roms. At least, they wouldn't when these first started popping up. The EL26 with true cwm has never failed me and it takes no more time than anything else if you use mobile odin.

Alright, I'm about to sound very stupid. I've only ever switched between a few GB Roms and ICS once so I'm not very good at this. After downloading the EL26 kernel in the OP, how do I install it using Odin, and would I need to do something prior to changing kernels such as unrooting or something of that sort?

Also, when I click on the link for the google apps, which link on that page do I download. And is it just a zip file that I transfer to my phone and flash? There's so many on that webpage, it leaves me so confused :P I'm obviously not great at this stuff, sorry for the hastle.
2nd May 2012, 07:04 AM |#5423  
Flag Stockton
Thanks Meter: 3,608

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiLockOn

Alright, I'm about to sound very stupid. I've only ever switched between a few GB Roms and ICS once so I'm not very good at this. After downloading the EL26 kernel in the OP, how do I install it using Odin, and would I need to do something prior to changing kernels such as unrooting or something of that sort?

Also, when I click on the link for the google apps, which link on that page do I download. And is it just a zip file that I transfer to my phone and flash? There's so many on that webpage, it leaves me so confused :P I'm obviously not great at this stuff, sorry for the hastle.

get mobile odin/pc odin, flash el26 kernel in kernel/pda slot.
flash caulks format all
flash aokpM5 and gapps reboot profit..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T.C.P For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift T.C.P Ad-Free
2nd May 2012, 07:14 AM |#5424  
Flag San Pablo, Ca
Thanks Meter: 185

Donate to Me
More
Unzip...open Odin...click "phone" ...direct to the modem u extracted....uncheck f reset....put phone in Odin mode and flash...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to MrWicked1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrWicked1 Ad-Free
2nd May 2012, 07:48 AM |#5425  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Thanks both of you One last thing, where can I download Odin for the PC

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.P

get mobile odin/pc odin, flash el26 kernel in kernel/pda slot.
flash caulks format all
flash aokpM5 and gapps reboot profit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxwckdxx

Unzip...open Odin...click "phone" ...direct to the modem u extracted....uncheck f reset....put phone in Odin mode and flash...

Wait, you two said different things. Do I use the PDA slot or the Phone slot.

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Nevermind, I got that figured out. New problem. I flashed the rom and all that works, but I realized I forgot to transfer the gapps file to my memory before going into odin and recovery and stuff. So I flashed the rom, everything worked - and rebooted the phone. Then I went into recovery again after the phone started up so that I could install the gapps file. But the recovery looks totally different. Is it safe to install the zip from this new recovery? Should I reflash the ROM and then the gapps at the same time?
2nd May 2012, 07:56 AM |#5426  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I've been having a slightly irritating issue that I've read that some other people had as well. When you receive a notification ring while listening to music through your headset, the volume gets all distorted and then lowers. It does not go back to the original volume unless you hit stop/play or fast forward to the next track. Has anyone found a work around or fix yet? The only work around I've been able to do is to put the phone on vibrate when I'm listening to music. It's worth noting that this only happens when you are using your headset. Does not happen when you are playing music through the speaker.
2nd May 2012, 08:16 AM |#5427  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiLockOn

Thanks both of you One last thing, where can I download Odin for the PC

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

Wait, you two said different things. Do I use the PDA slot or the Phone slot.

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Nevermind, I got that figured out. New problem. I flashed the rom and all that works, but I realized I forgot to transfer the gapps file to my memory before going into odin and recovery and stuff. So I flashed the rom, everything worked - and rebooted the phone. Then I went into recovery again after the phone started up so that I could install the gapps file. But the recovery looks totally different. Is it safe to install the zip from this new recovery? Should I reflash the ROM and then the gapps at the same time?

Odin back to el26 and start over. Flash gapps after flashing aokp.

Never flash anything from ics recoveries. Not now at least.

2nd May 2012, 09:03 AM |#5428  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarEvo

When i boot the phone, no logos show, the screen looks as if it is off, and the notification light just turns blue and stays lit till a battery pull. Also i can't get into download or recovery mode.

Mine did the same thing. I tried the usb jig thing and that didn't work...had to send to Josh @ MobileTechVidoes (JTAG) and his magic worked. I am afraid to flash anything now.
2nd May 2012, 10:30 AM |#5429  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I encountered my first "problem" with this rom:

It was a pretty minor thing but a little worrying. I rebooted the phone, and as you can see the battery reading dropped, then slowly recovered. I was trying to turn on weather for the lockscreen before the reboot. Not really sure what happened...
2nd May 2012, 12:59 PM |#5430  
Flag Miami, Florida
Thanks Meter: 614

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwab002

I encountered my first "problem" with this rom:

It was a pretty minor thing but a little worrying. I rebooted the phone, and as you can see the battery reading dropped, then slowly recovered. I was trying to turn on weather for the lockscreen before the reboot. Not really sure what happened...

I just ignored it.. hasn't happened again. was going to wipe battery stats but didn't need to.
2nd May 2012, 01:37 PM |#5431  
Flag Arlington
Thanks Meter: 154

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjKurt

So I set my DPI to 160 and now tweetcaster looks like this...

What the hell???

You set the dpi to a tablet dpi, so tweet caster auto switched to its tablet interface mode.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread