Team Black Out Presents...The Dark Side of the Source...Black and Clear Apps

77 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,265

By TeamBlackOut, Member on 18th May 2013, 04:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th November 2015, 07:22 PM |#17291  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Look in the "Main Apps" section to find the Hangouts for non-L/M builds. It's dated 6/13/2015

4th November 2015, 08:21 PM |#17292  
DC
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tda329

Look in the "Main Apps" section to find the Hangouts for non-L/M builds. It's dated 6/13/2015

His question was regarding the versions showing day before yesterday's date in DJ's linked post...
4th November 2015, 08:27 PM |#17293  
Recognized Themer
Flag Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 14,175

Donate to Me
More
DJ is working on it... We realized after we uploaded that we initially used an apk that had too high of an API to work on KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJiB

hi guys, been using TBO apps for awhile to save my eyes from burning
since my ROM is still in KK, I was overjoyed to see that you guys released a new Hangout for KK based on this post.

however when I open the TBO updater I didn't see the Hangouts other than the LP version (screenshot attached). is it happening only on my phone or was the Hangouts for KK and older version removed? If it is the later then that's fine by me, the old blacked out Hangouts still works for me
just making sure if it's only happening for me or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuinnessX

His question was regarding the versions showing day before yesterday's date in DJ's linked post...

Saving eyes from bleeding, one app at a time.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Train88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Train88 Ad-Free
5th November 2015, 03:54 AM |#17294  
Flag Kitchener Ontario
Thanks Meter: 1,002

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyannihilation

You need to go into Settings - Apps and give Team Black Out permission to Storage

Thanks was having the same thing happening couldn't figure it out. A little reading and bam

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

Can I assume that the ones that don't have either lp or kk beside them are mm?
5th November 2015, 04:14 AM |#17295  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 12,830

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8str

Thanks was having the same thing happening couldn't figure it out. A little reading and bam

Marshmallow isn't fully supported by TBO yet, but in saying that I haven't found any apps in the Updater yet that I haven't been able to use on Marshmallow. I know that some users were having a few issues with GoogleCalendar. Obviously nothing with KK in the name though.

If you need any further help with anything feel free to hit me up, or alternatively if it may benefit other users then ask here in the thread.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daveyannihilation For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daveyannihilation Ad-Free
5th November 2015, 04:19 AM |#17296  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 44,671

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8str

No you cannot assume that. M isn't fully supported by us yet. Unless your see MM just use LP zips..exactly same file structure.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
5th November 2015, 04:38 AM |#17297  
Flag Kitchener Ontario
Thanks Meter: 1,002

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

No you cannot assume that. M isn't fully supported by us yet. Unless your see MM just use LP zips..exactly same file structure.

OK I'll use the lp ones not the ones with nothing beside them. Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to str8str For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift str8str Ad-Free
5th November 2015, 06:14 AM |#17298  
Flag Lost Angeles
Thanks Meter: 688

More
I've got to admit something, every time I open a tbo inverted app I'm in awe.. You guys do such an awesome job with these apps, you can tell you guys out hours weeks etc into making them look good.. They look soo crisp like the app was actually made that way originally like the playstore version doesn't even exist.. I tip my hat to you guys.. Bravo 👏

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KINGDROID25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KINGDROID25 Ad-Free
5th November 2015, 06:20 AM |#17299  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 44,671

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGDROID25

I've got to admit something, every time I open a tbo inverted app I'm in awe.. You guys do such an awesome job with these apps, you can tell you guys out hours weeks etc into making them look good.. They look soo crisp like the app was actually made that way originally like the playstore version doesn't even exist.. I tip my hat to you guys.. Bravo 👏

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thank you, much appreciated!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
5th November 2015, 12:45 PM |#17300  
Flag Canton, Ga
Thanks Meter: 482

More
I have to agree! I've been using inverted / blacked out apps for years and TBO's are top of the line. They operate without FCs, look smashing and have the feel of being not "just as good as" the original but actually, the original intent of the developer.

I've used other blacked out / inverted apps and they're hit or miss. Sometimes pretty good, sometimes not. With TBO, it's right. No odd coloring (just keeping it black and white), no unexpected behaviors, no bizarre little quirks. Just the app the way it was made to work and doing so in a better, get rid of that nasty bright insanity, black and white implementation!

GO TBO!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lazarus0000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lazarus0000 Ad-Free
5th November 2015, 07:10 PM |#17301  
Flag New London
Thanks Meter: 887

More
Question for the team, or for anyone who can help:

I am on a Nexus 6, running Pure Nexus 6.0. When I flash the ROM and gapps, I get two calendar installations: /system/app/CalendarGoogle, and /system/app/CalendarGooglePrebuilt. Replacing CalendarGoogle and leaving Prebuilt alone does not apply theming (stays white), removing Prebuilt removes Calendar. I have tried the following steps to get the 5.2.5 LP Clear Calendar working on my device:
Flashed TBO Calendar 5.2.5LP - no luck.
I did a TiBu Backup of CalendarGoogle.apk, TiBu uninstalled Calendar, flashed TBO Calendar - no luck.
I rebooted, deleted System/app/PrebuiltCalendar, flashed TBO Calendar - no luck.
I rebooted recovery, dirty fashed ROM and gapps, no updates to uninstall, rebooted recovery, flashed TBO Calendar - no luck.
I rebooted recovery, wiped system, flashed ROM and gapps, no updates to uninstall, pushed TBO Calendar APK to system/app/CalendarGoogle and set permissions 0644 - no luck.
Rebooted recovery, flashed TBO Calendar over the pushed APK - no luck.
Rebooted recovery, flashed TBO Calendar 5.2.5-not-LP (just to see on the off chance it worked), no luck.
Rebooted, noticed I only had PrebuiltCalendar installed. Deleted that folder, rebooted recovery, flashed TBO Calendar LP - no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions how I can get this working? I don't have this issue with any of the other TBO apps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)