[Multi Window Mod][P6200][P6210][Deodexed][UPDATE][12/24/2013]

Search This thread

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
yup... the bottom button... so its a known issue... do i need to install xposed framework to make it work? now only got the multi window icon. but the multi window function is still not working... all apps opening like usual.

u responded before i edited my post but i will answer in the other thread

Last edited:

loolser

Mar 27, 2013
Warsaw
Last edited:
Reactions: Chr97

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
No it is the same issue like the previous version. :/

It looks so after flash :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-2HW0h1qqc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Edit: Video Link is working now. Sorry.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using xda app-developers app

movie is private cant watch...
similarly here, 1st time had same like u, another time just stuck @ logo, i was waiting 2min then just turned off tab.

WOW...guys i apologize but i was doing too many things at the same time(not to mention it was 4am...lol) & forgot to change the updater-script for the wifi only version. link removed...all needed files are attached/linked on the first page

Last edited:
Reactions: loolser

loolser

Mar 27, 2013
Warsaw
WOW...guys i apologize but i was doing too many things at the same time(not too mentione it was 4am...lol) & forgot to change the updater-script for the wifi only version. Now that its fixed this one SHOULD work...but same as always test & report please

http://www.filedropper.com/p6210md3multiwindowtabletui4wayrebootv2b
no problem, will try one more time ;)
edit: at this moment "android is upgreading" good news ;) write later whats working.
edit 2:tab got boot loop... still wont work...:crying:

Last edited:
Reactions: Chr97

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
no problem, will try one more time ;)
edit: at this moment "android is upgreading" good news ;) write later whats working.
edit 2:tab got boot loop... still wont work...:crying:

@loolser
wish i had a P6210 so i could test myself but if you're willing to try one more time then here u go....no promises of course. These are the same files used in the P6200 version which is running fine on mine but i would like someone else to back me up on that...unfortunately i think we've lost a lot of users because samsung was taking too long with updates or leaving things out when they eventually did(like multiwindow)

http://www.filedropper.com/p6210md3multiwindowtabletui4wayrebootv2c

loolser

Mar 27, 2013
Warsaw
@loolser
wish i had a P6210 so i could test myself but if you're willing to try one more time then here u go....no promises of course. These are the same files used in the P6200 version which is running fine on mine but i would like someone else to back me up on that...unfortunately i think we've lost a lot of users because samsung was taking too long with updates or leaving things out when they eventually did(like multiwindow)

zzzzzzzzz downloading but its last time today, if u will release new build i will check it tomorrow thanks anyway.
:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:
edit: same issues sorry...:crying:
if u need take look at some filez i can send u, just call me.
edit 2: chr97 ur right its works thanks for info

Last edited:

Chr97

Apr 1, 2013
www.chrhartmann.bplaced.net
WOW...guys i apologize but i was doing too many things at the same time(not too mentione it was 4am...lol) & forgot to change the updater-script for the wifi only version. Now that its fixed this one SHOULD work...but same as always test & report please

http://www.filedropper.com/p6210md3multiwindowtabletui4wayrebootv2b

So i installed the first c build. It still bootloops. Than i ve done a factory reset and the tab turns on normal. But the lockscreen looks very very crazy. And the statusbar also. And the button for the mini apps wasnt ther. Ive add some screenshouts. ;) I coudnt take a screenshout from the lockscreen becaus it freeze and ends in a bootloop. sorry. :/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-08-20-37-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-08-20-37-10.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 165
  • Screenshot_2013-06-08-20-37-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-08-20-37-58.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot_2013-06-08-21-09-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-08-21-09-40.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: loolser

unclefab

Jun 23, 2012
@loolser

I'd like to test it but everytime I try to download from file dropper it fails, and at the bottom of the page it says that the file weights 0 kb...
Anyway, I go to sleep now, we'll see tomorrow.Thanks for your efforts by the way!

loolser

Mar 27, 2013
Warsaw
I'd like to test it but everytime I try to download from file dropper it fails, and at the bottom of the page it says that the file weights 0 kb...
Anyway, I go to sleep now, we'll see tomorrow.Thanks for your efforts by the way!
download via pc i had problem too on tab its probably download manager issu

Last edited:

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
So i installed the first c build. It still bootloops. Than i ve done a factory reset and the tab turns on normal. But the lockscreen looks very very crazy. And the statusbar also. And the button for the mini apps wasnt ther. Ive add some screenshouts. ;) I coudnt take a screenshout from the lockscreen becaus it freeze and ends in a bootloop. sorry. :/

Actually u should be on the right track...just to be clear, did u read the update section in the first post? The freeze is caused by the ripple effect lock...u remembered to set a live wallpaper BEFORE u flashed right? The missing mini apps button(no longer needed since almost any app can be used in windowed mode now) & the crazy lockscreen is a known issue which is why i suggested turning off clock, weather, etc...sounds like u should be good to go after u re-read the orIginal post & follow the instructions carefully. The status bar looks different(white controls) because its actually from a note 8...hope u get it sorted out becuase i'm really enjoying this new setup

just wanted to add that there MAY be a different combination of setup procedures for the P6210...dont know for sure since i dont own one but what i will say is that u probably also want to disable any screen locks(pin, password, pattern) BEFORE u flash just in case

one more thing...did u ever try V2b? The reason i ask is because it was actually created with files from the wifi only note 8 while V2c is from the phone version which i really made for the P6200...there may POSSIBLY be less issues, then again, it may not boot at all

Last edited:

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
new links

links removed...all needed files are attached /linked on the first page

Last edited:
Reactions: unclefab

loolser

Mar 27, 2013
Warsaw

After your reply to chr97 i just tried flash v2b version, ofc got boot loop then did wipe data factory n this finally turned on, there is not this icon between battery n wifi i assume its about 3g signal, at this moment this finally works. Thanks :good:

shahkbrmn

Nov 20, 2011
malaysia
I have install 6200 mc3 multi window zip.my tab cant open the dial pad n i cant edit multi window.can anyone tell me why

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE...BE SURE TO BACKUP AS ALWAYS!

Install Instructions (i advise reading this entire post but please at least read the UPDATE sections)
    1. Flash stock rom (this mod SHOULD work with any firmware...newest MF1 link below) using odin
    2. Install CWM or TWRP recovery
    3. Flash Deodexed zip (will need to re-root afterwards)
    4. Edit your build prop by adding the line qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 at the very bottom (u may also want to change your dpi...134 is my preferred number)
    5. Install xposed framework along with the TAB UI module and enable (see post #4)
    6. Flash the V5 file below (u will need to manually delete the flashbarservice.apk if coming from V3) followed by forcecloseapps.zip (if neccessary)

Known Issues
    1. minimized apps will randomy disappear
    2. help button will force close systemui
    3. navigation buttons are shifted slightly to the right in phablet (right handed users can consider this a "feature" :silly:)

After months of messing around i have FINALLY managed to figure out how to enable multi window on our devices...its not perfect but it works. First, in order to use this mod(as of right now anyway) u will need to be on a DEODEXED rom & need to find & flash your respective version below via recovery. After the rom reboots, go to "settings - display" and u should see "Multi window" with a check already next to it. Simply uncheck it then immediately recheck it and VOILA! u should see the multi window flashbar on the left side of your screen. Open it by touching the tab & u will notice a very limited number of apps already included and an "edit" button to add more but the problem is the list will be empty. There are 2 ways to fix this..the easiest would be to download "SAMSUNG MULTI WINDOW MANAGER" from the market and the other would be to install the XPOSED framework(my preferred way due to all the other options it provides) as well XPOSED muliti window apps manager module. Refer to post #4 for instructions on how to install & setup XPOSED...also attached are a few of my other favorite modules. Any apps that are already on the list or added with one of the mentioned methods when opened the regular way will have a restore/maximize icon(familiar for those of u who work with windows) located usually in the top right corner or bottom right corner(will provide example screenshots below). Clicking this icon will alternate u between windowed mode & full screen...i'm not quite sure if there is a limit on how many floating windows u can have simultaneously. If u prefer to just have 2 apps side by side or on top of each other(depends on orientation) then simply open then multi window bar & drag your first app to which ever position u would like(u will see the spot highlighted blue). Simply repeat for the opposite position and there u have it...working multi window mod. Of course there are a few issues but the benefits outweigh the problems in my book. First, not all apps were made with windowed mode in mind so some may not look right or function properly...with that said u MAY need to mess around with the dpi(will include the XPOSED module to do so for indiviual apps) or find replacements altogether though personally i havent had much trouble out of the 100+ i have on my phone. The minimize & dual pane resize functions do not work as of yet and this mod also will kill your mini apps bar when in tabletui but since almost any app can now be used in minimode it really doesn't matter. Let me end by asking that ANY dev/user who is willing to improve this mod by combing through the code feel free to contact me anytime...i'm a complete newb(as u can probably tell since this is my first thread) so i could use all the help i can get

UPDATE V3: Ok, so...here's a new version of the mod and although it contains no new features i did manage to fix a few things such as the lockscreen, notification icons, and dialer app(see instructions below). Since this update seems to be superior to V2 in every way, i will be removing the links and altering instructions in order to cut down on confusion. This time the mod will be PHABLET mode only(unless @chrisrotolo would be willing to modify the files for us) which means u will also lose the 4way reboot function but if u would still like to use tablet mode of course u can install XPOSED with the tabletui module(u should perform this step first which SHOULD eliminate the need to edit your build prop). For those of u who are coming from a clean install or the previous tabui4way version u MUST EDIT YOUR BUILD PROP(easiest way would probably be "build prop editor" in the play store) by adding the line "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" at the very bottom of the file BEFORE u flash the phablet file for your device...once u have edited & saved the file simply reboot into recovery & flash the V3 zip for your device then u should be good to go. For the others who are already using phabletui or XPOSED tablet module u SHOULD only need to flash the V3 version over your current mod...once again, i will need P6200 users to test & report their results. Please note that this mod MAY NOT be compatible with the touchwiz launcher which means u might need to install an alternative homescreen app from the market( i personally use "apex launcher" and completely uninstall touchwiz home)...i also would like to mention that some users have stated that a factory reset MAY be needed. As a small additional bonus...it seems that this update also enables/fixes the lockscreen ripple effect(thanks to @loolser for pointing that out)

DIALER FIX: If u would prefer the stock dialer to work or like me have just grown frustrated that clicking missed calls causes your tablet to freeze then this is the solution. First, u MUST install XPOSED framework along with the "app settings" module(see post 4 for details)...once u have installed & enabled the module then click on the "app settings" icon and click "contacts". At the top left u should see an on/off switch(green means on)...turn it on and set DPI to 176 and Screen (dp) to 800 x 1280 and then select save. You will be asked if u would like to kill the app simply select yes and then exit the app...click on dialer which should now be working although u may need to reboot and/or clear data in both "contacts" & "phone" in "settings - application manager"

A few more notes to add just in case u didn't know...the paid version of "samsung multi window manager" allows u to create shortcuts(both apps & bookmarks) directly on your home screen and open them automatically in windowed mode(u can also specify the default size for each windowed app as well). I just recently realized that if u simply click on the app in the multi window bar instead of dragging it out that will also open the apps directly in windowed mode and make them automatically cascade too. If u don't like the placement of the bar on the left side of the screen then simply click the tab to open the flashbar then touch and hold the tab again which allows u to drag it over to the right side. Oh yeah, just because u see the shiny new allshare cast button in your notification controls after u flash V3 does NOT mean u should push it...it will most likely freeze/reboot your tab(yeah, i had to find out the hard way...lol) but if only we could get that working, hmmmm

Black Bar: The white flashbar just didn't quite look right so i took a lil time to create a black translucent multi window bar with red arrows...hopefully u guys will like it as much as i do. All u have to do is overwrite the "flashbarservice.apk" located in "system - app" with the one attached below and be sure to set the proper permissions then reboot your tab...will add a few screenshots below so let me know if u like the new look!

4wayReboot: I missed the 4way Reboot option so i've created a zip that can be flashed over the top of our current V3 mod...I need a P6210 owner to test report as usual

UPDATE V5: I've actually had this new version finished for about 2 months but have been messing around trying to fix the minimize feature with no results...since this is an improvement over V4 due to a few bug fixes, the biggest of which being the force close in phablet mode, i will be removing the links to the previous version. There are really no new multiwindow related functions except multiinstance should now work (although not with all apps) and minimize is enabled by default (apps will still disappear randomly so its not much use)...i'm sure u guys will encounter some problems that i may not have discovered so please feel free to report your findings so we can iron out any issues. I will also link to a separate zip below which includes apps that are known to force close after the mod is flashed (almost all samsung stock apps) so most of u will need to flash it as well....please note that i MAY need to create a separate version for the P6210 so please test and let me know. There are actually a few new non multiwindow related extras if u flash the new version...ink effect is now enabled, the video player will now have live video previews for the thumbnails (if u flash the forcecloseapps.zip) and the best to me i the ability to swap out & rearrange the order of the quick panel toggles in the "settings/display" menu (u will notice other extra options since the file is from the note 8 but some obviously wont work such as the spen related functions)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yxeu9x48ILVEs0X3FVbnBwNjQ/edit?usp=sharing
    ^MULTIWINDOW MOD V5 (the download is labeled P6200 but should work on the wifi only model as well...as i stated above i MAY need to create a separate version for the P621x so please test & report)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yxeu9x48ILTkRob1VzQ3pna1k/edit?usp=sharing
    ^FORCE CLOSE APPS (please be aware...u will need to manually delete copies of apps with similar yet different names than those included in the zip so u wont have duplicates)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7yxeu9x48ILeTVHQXYxTUhZUms/edit?usp=sharing
    ^P6200 PHABLET V3

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7yxeu9x48ILZVgtZXJNR2FYRTQ/edit?usp=sharing
    ^P6210 PHABLET V3

View attachment P6200-4WayReboot.zip
    ^P6200 4WayReboot

View attachment P6210-4WayReboot.zip
    ^P6210 4WayReboot

View attachment FlashBarService.apk
    ^Black Translucent Bar(with red arrows)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2349776
    ^MF1 STOCK DEODEXED

credit/thanks to: @chrisrotolo for tabUI and power menu mod, @rovo89 for developing the xposed framework, @xperiacle for the systemui used in V4
    New version v4 5 layout multiwindow screenshots

Check out the new V4 5 layout multiwindow mod...notice the icons where the mini mode app tray is located (stupid screenshot app killed my colors on the first 2 pics)

2013-07-28-06-21-18.jpg 2013-07-28-06-21-40.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-28-06-10-28.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-28-06-06-22.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-28-06-05-46.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-28-06-08-09.jpg

Here go a few photos of the new black translucent multi window bar with red arrows...and matching edit screen of course ;)

Screenshot_2013-06-10-06-23-31.jpg Screenshot_2013-06-10-06-24-40.jpg

New V2 screenshots...notice then pin icon in the top left corner(green means "always in front") and the allshare button in the notification panel(look but don't touch...lol)

Screenshot_2013-06-08-03-37-10.jpg Screenshot_2013-06-08-04-01-12.jpg Screenshot_2013-06-08-04-18-55.jpg

Here go a few screenshots for u guys...if u look at the settings screen u will see the multi window checkbox and notice a maximize/restore button in the top right hand corner

Screenshot_2013-06-05-18-12-46.jpg Screenshot_2013-06-05-17-49-36.jpg Screenshot_2013-06-05-18-15-14.jpg Screenshot_2013-06-05-20-03-53.jpg
    XPOSED framework

as i promised...here goes the xposed installer along with a few modules that will help u out. The multi window apps manager(the developer doesnt want the apk reposted so i instead provided a link to the original thread) will allow u to enable any app to work in floating/dual screen mode, the "app settings" module will let u set individual dpi settings for apps, & "tweakbox" has various options such as volume button music controls & call recording! I also have a play store fix module(useful if u change your dpi) if u may be having issues & a module to enable tablet mode without flashing...if anyone is interested i will upload upon request.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT MY OWN WORK SO ALL CREDIT/THANKS GO TO THE RESPECTIVE DEVELOPER(S)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
    ^this is the link for information on the XPOSED framework & modules

View attachment XposedInstaller_2.1.4.apk

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2304498
    ^This is the link to the multiwindow apps manager module to use with xposed

View attachment AppSettings_0.4.apk

View attachment XposedTweakbox_1.4.0.apk

View attachment 2081280

View attachment XposedAllAppsInPlayStore.apk
    New version V3

I have updated the first post(please read UPDATE V3 section) with an improved version of the mod which fixes the lockscreen issues, mismatched notification icons(which i never mentioned but i'm sure a few of u noticed) as well as the dialer app for us P6200 owners...P6210 people test & post please
    new version

I have updated the first post with a new version of the mod with working pin & window resize functions.